South vs Greeneville

EastTnFootball10

Got a question??¦if South was ranked 4th in the State 4A, where does that put Greeneville now? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ahead of Tenn. High.

Now, back to the game. First, congrats to Greeneville. You guys played with a lot of fire and heart tonight. You earned it and deserved it. We do, however, look forward to a possible playoff rematch.

83southrebel, I too was disappointed in the play calling. I don't think we were ready to play tonight. I hope this will serve as a wakeup call. Time will tell.

Rasnake needs to start taking more liquids before games. This is the second straight game he's dehydrated.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahead of Tenn. High.

Now, back to the game. First, congrats to Greeneville. You guys played with a lot of fire and heart tonight. You earned it and deserved it. We do, however, look forward to a possible playoff rematch.

83southrebel, I too was disappointed in the play calling. I don't think we were ready to play tonight. I hope this will serve as a wakeup call. Time will tell.

Rasnake needs to start taking more liquids before games. This is the second straight game he's dehydrated.

It makes me wonder if he is the type of player who throws everything up because of nerves before the game and just has nothing left. That or he doesn't like to drink or eat or anything before a game. Maybe he needs to eat some bananas or take some potassium pills. Other than that, hope he is doing ok today.

Quick Edit: "Rasnake was so aggressive during the game he destroyed his jersey, forcing him to change from number 52 to 77 late in the game." from Tricities Sports.

Ok.......maybe he just needs to drink more before the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and if u wanna get all physical lets compare jordan and mr phillips

passing

jordan 10 of 14 155yds 2tds no ints

curt 14 of 26 169 1 td 2 ints

rushing

jordan 17 for 95

curt 21 for 146

and to all that said south had a rb where was he besides ur qb but this is mainly to the greeneville people

saying i am an idiot

who had the better passer rating??????? jordan ok now go home

I never compared Curt to Jordan...so I guess I don't get your point. I never said Greenway wasn't a good QB. Jordan got a bit more help from his receivers than Phillips. Shoot, if that Badger had consistant receivers, he would be unstoppable. And the only reason I called you an idiot was because of your stupid "stopping the big time QB " and "mediocre" comments. Obviously, Greeneville had a couple of timely INT's and Greenway was remarkable at marshaling an effective Devil offense, but it was a far cry from "stopping" Curt Phillips, as your own stats indicate...he had 315 of their 375 yards. Perhaps in the future you might consider tempering your excitement with a dose of common sense before you post such incredibly stupid comments. It could have easily gone the other way had South hit their field goal. Speaking of field goals, perhaps we will see more of Chad after his game-winner...I heard he was fairly accurate from 40 yds.

Congratulations to Greeneville on the win. I knew you guys were for real and you proved it tonight. South will rebound and finish strong.

The media is really putting the monkey on South's back

From Tri-Cities Sports:

"A funny thing happened on the way to South's undefeated season."

" We will not lose another game" - Curt Phillips

Talk about high expectations. No matter who is on your team, or who your coach is, there are still eleven "kids" on the other side who think they can win. Athleticism can overcome a lot of things but playing with a lot of heart and a lot of pride and just simply "wanting" something more means alot at this level.

Good luck to both the rest of the year.

Ahead of Tenn. High.

For Now...but WE WILL SEE. South's problems aren't over, they still have to run the gantlet with Johnson County that is always dangerous and Boone that..........well.......beat the team that beat YOU!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just look at it this way Volman...you and Campusat can now ride to the game together because that Greeneville needle surely let some of the air out of them swollen heads! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> By the way, you may want to go by and check on your boy, he hasn't shown his face on the boards yet. And while your there its probably a good idea to remove all sharp objects from his room for a while.

For Now...but WE WILL SEE. South's problems aren't over, they still have to run the gantlet with Johnson County that is always dangerous and Boone that..........well.......beat the team that beat YOU!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just look at it this way Volman...you and Campusat can now ride to the game together because that Greeneville needle surely let some of the air out of them swollen heads! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> By the way, you may want to go by and check on your boy, he hasn't shown his face on the boards yet. And while your there its probably a good idea to remove all sharp objects from his room for a while.

Cap, scoot over...make room for me and Volman.

Congratulations to Greeneville on the win. I knew you guys were for real and you proved it tonight. South will rebound and finish strong.

The media is really putting the monkey on South's back

From Tri-Cities Sports:

"A funny thing happened on the way to South's undefeated season."

" We will not lose another game" - Curt Phillips

Talk about high expectations. No matter who is on your team, or who your coach is, there are still eleven "kids" on the other side who think they can win. Athleticism can overcome a lot of things but playing with a lot of heart and a lot of pride and just simply "wanting" something more means alot at this level.

Good luck to both the rest of the year.

If Curt expects to run the table, his line has a lot of work to do...your plays are easier to execute when the other team doesn't know whats coming.

Tough game for our mighty Rebels last night. Hats off to a VERY tough opponent! Disappointed with the play calling! It appeared from the stands that the boys were ready to go for it on 4th down but coach opted to go for the field goal. Too bad all that pressure was put on that kid!

I didn't see anyone post about the officials calling this game, PATHETIC!!! TSSAA must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with that crew!!!!!! As far as the Rasnake kid, I hear he had a stomach virus before the Unicoi game but didn't miss a practice, was out some this week practiced the rest carrying gallons of gator aid to school everyday and if you were at both games you know that this kid didn't let a little thing like a virus keep him from playing 100%, anyway I hear he's out for a while could hurt us against Johnson Co. Again, congrats to Greenville! Rebs are just going to have to clear their heads, utilize all of their talent, and bring it! I agree with Phillips, we're not going to loose any more. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough game for our mighty Rebels last night. Hats off to a VERY tough opponent! Disappointed with the play calling! It appeared from the stands that the boys were ready to go for it on 4th down but coach opted to go for the field goal. Too bad all that pressure was put on that kid!

I didn't see anyone post about the officials calling this game, PATHETIC!!! TSSAA must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with that crew!!!!!! As far as the Rasnake kid, I hear he had a stomach virus before the Unicoi game but didn't miss a practice, was out some this week practiced the rest carrying gallons of gator aid to school everyday and if you were at both games you know that this kid didn't let a little thing like a virus keep him from playing 100%, anyway I hear he's out for a while could hurt us against Johnson Co. Again, congrats to Greenville! Rebs are just going to have to clear their heads, utilize all of their talent, and bring it! I agree with Phillips, we're not going to loose any more. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think the pressure was bad on South's kicker, imagine how Greeneville's kid felt having to wait out the injury time-out before he kicked...must have been at least 15 minutes he had to think about it.

Most of us Devil fans would agree about the officiating... I thought a couple of those face-masks should have been personal fouls.

I hate to hear Rasnake is so ill. I find it difficult to understand , playing him the entire game with his health that compromised.

Have you read the story on tricitiessports.com yet? Interesting insight from the Greeneville D on your boys line. Could be helpful info for your future opponents if the problem isn't corrected.

I think Curt was the one of few who did not take this game lightly. We have discussed how tuff Greenville would be since last year. And yes, I picked them to win the IMAC. And the loss to 'Boone? 1, they were devastated after the loss to Ky. 2, I think they may have discounted 'Boone a bit. The bottom line there is if they played 'Boone the way they played South then 'Boone may be state championship material. We will see. I don't think they played this kind of football last week though. Barb, chime in here.

First of all, the numbers do not speak well of the game. Greenville schooled South all night long. The score should have been 50-21. But we did have a couple of defensive players who showed up. Greenville can do it all. It was a coaching success for the Green Devils. Their speed was visible. Their athleticism commendable. Congratulations to a solid convincing win. Their band was wonderful. And they were dressed in full battle dress...not shorts and T shirts. My hat is off.

For South this game was a mirror image of the '06 playoff game with MoEast. Start to finish. Contrary to what was witnessed Friday night, South does have running backs. I think stubborn was the word being tossed around.

No offensive execution. Credit given to superior Greenville defensive execution. When Curt concluded he was in deep water he shouldered the burden and played the way a top shelf player should. Only so much one person can do. His look to me on his way into the dressing room was one of discust. He was ready for Greenville...I think many were not.

The only thing I will say about the officiating is that it did nothing but tarnish the win for the Green Devils. Was it game changing? Maybe, maybe not. Was it game influencing? Most definately. No one can deny. It is sad that an adult would destroy what these young people accomplished. It was just like the game at Unicoi in '06. BUT out of respect for the superb brand of football the Green Devils displayed I kept it separated.

Greenville I feel most likely played the best game they will play all season. To be seen. South...has played better. No crying, no excuses. We hope if all goes well to see you again. Maybe next time we will show you the rest of the team. Good Luck Green Devils.