Red Boiling snaps streak soon!

Homer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that alot of guys and gals around the state were pulling for RBS in this one... and as rare as it is RBS deserves to be on the front page.

RBS 21 MJCA 28

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> bump /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

We drove one and a half hours from Smyrna to see their elusive win, but it would not be tonight.

As it often seems to be with this team, the final score does not give true justice to the whole game. It was a very well played game by both teams. Neither team ran away with the game. The offense was more on game this week compared to the defense lead of last weeks game against LCA.

MJCA made the first TD and extra point. 0-7

RBS followed suit with TD and point. 7-7

MJCA made the next TD and extra point. 7-14

RBS made their second TD but the extra point was short. 13-14

-- Half Time --

RBS look a little drained during the 3rd quarter but rallied back by the 4th.

MJCA made another TD and extra point. 13-21 This took some of the wind from the crowd.

On an RBS play there was a fumble at the end of a long carry recovered by MJCA. Only 4 minutes remained.

MJCA took that drive all the way to a TD and extra point. 13-28 The wind was knocked out of all of the RBS fans.

RBS came back with a TD drive and made the 2 point conversion. 21-28 The fans went wild.

With only 1:09 on the clock it was time for the onside kick. RBS got it!!!!! (Video link follows 13 sec)

The drive for a tie TD was intense. This was almost a repeat of last week against LCA when their last play had 0.5 seconds on the clock. They had much more time on their last play - 0.9 seconds. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Starting around the 35 yard line, no one was open so the QB tried to run it in. He got to the 25 yard line before a sea of white stopped him.

Our best wishes go to RBS and the tough players who continue to put their hearts and sweat into a game they must truly be commited to.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

That game summary made me cry. I just don't know how they do it... to get so close to a win and get knocked down... and then they keep getting up and trying again, and again and again. Thats what high school football is about. I just wished so much that those seniors could get a W on the field for their scrapbooks and their memmories. I can't even imagine being a player for RBS or worse yet a parent of a player for RBS. Both those boys and their parents are better people than me. I just don't know how they keep getting up and trying again. Take alot of heart....

As a player in this game, it was a great game. People on both sides were tough and physical. I am SO happy that we won, but i feel really bad about the senors on that team that have never won a game. I REALLY admire each and every player on RBS because they have true heart. This is not something you see every day and if everyone had this on our team we would be alot better than we are. Good luck RBS on the rest of your season.

Can MJ get some credit too, they're a young program with about 125 students I believe, and won when the whole state was against them last night.

They do deserve some credit but they aren't on a losing streak like RBS, the only reason everyone was for RBS is because they are on this losing streak and noone likes to see high school athletic programs struggle like RBS has...Great job to both teams...

Dang. I was really hoping RBS would pull it out. Those kids work so hard and I can't imagine how those players or the parents feel getting beat like this week after week. Hopefully they get one soon and I hope the goalposts come down when that happens. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As a player in this game, it was a great game. People on both sides were tough and physical. I am SO happy that we won, but i feel really bad about the senors on that team that have never won a game. I REALLY admire each and every player on RBS because they have true heart. This is not something you see every day and if everyone had this on our team we would be alot better than we are. Good luck RBS on the rest of your season.

This poster showed some real class,

I'm proud of MJCA to go into this hostile enviroment, with everyone against them, and pull out the win. hey, I hope RBS gets a win, but against somebody else. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />