The Fighing Irish Vs. McCallie

football2007

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this game is next week. It will be played in Nashville at Greer Stadium. Keep in mind FRHS is undefeated at Greer and has outscored opponents there 106 - 28. I am a beleiver of whoever has to travel has to lose (for example, CBHS comes to Nashville and loses to FR, FR goes to Memphis and loses to CBHS), so homefield advantage will be big here. The McCallie players will have tired legs from a 2-3 hour drive, and have to play at a darn baseball field where the rocks stick deep into your skin. Expect blood, guts, and an Irish victory. GL to both teams, should be a great, close game.

Father Ryan has come a long way over the past 6 seasons. After their '97 state championship run they virtually fell off the Division II map. This should be a great game with a much improved FR squad. I'll go with Father Ryan in a close game; being that it's at home and McCallie has to make the long haul up to Nashville. I'll wait on Bluemom and Ole Dad to fill me in on the details of each team. Good luck to both......

Ryan is playing with a great deal of confidence, and is obviously a much improved team. This matchup will really tell the story as to whether they are all the way back, and can compete for a championship.

Right now, I'd have to give the edge to McCallie, because the Irish really haven't proven much against top flight competition yet. Would not surprise me too much if they win, however.

With personal experience playing the Father Ryan bunch over the past 3yrs I will tell you last years team is light years ahead of the others (even the team that upset CBHS in '04). All their teams play with heart and determination. The difference is last years team played SMART as well as hard. I look for much continued success under the coach there (sorry I forgot his name and am too lazy to go back and look. Lussier i think it was). I don't know bout this years team at all but I cant guarantee blowout or close game FR will play hard and nasty.