MARYVILLE VS POWELL

cobrajet

those panthers have more heart and guts than talent and that is what is gonna carry them to the victory. i say a winning field goal by the kicker Chris Ducharme, that boy has got a shot to be big his strengh in that leg will help those panthers. jordan allen will carry the team on defense and kier houston and jarred clemons will run offense

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everybody powell is gonna win and yall better stop dissin on coach lowe he is a great coach and i know cause i played for him and powell has not won in a while so we are gonna go out their behind the strong arm of Keir Houston and we are gonna win a hard match and our defense is gonna hold them under 25 points with will barnes, Jordan Allen, Travis Chitwood, And Brad Pressley so you powell hater can take that

those panthers have more heart and guts than talent and that is what is gonna carry them to the victory. i say a winning field goal by the kicker Chris Ducharme, that boy has got a shot to be big his strengh in that leg will help those panthers. jordan allen will carry the team on defense and kier houston and jarred clemons will run offense

Guys, I'm a Powell grad, and I always pull for the Panthers, but you need to read through this entire thread. We have already resolved all of the Coach Lowe stuff, so let's not get into that again. I have a lot of confidence in this Powell team, but please don't jump on here and make those kinds of statements that make us look like a bunch of morons. Powell has a talented team, much more talented than anyone gave them credit for before the season, and I am starting to feel that this team can make the playoffs. I have no problem with being confident, but until Powell beats a team that is going to the playoffs (I doubt CC, LC, and Karns will) and until someone stuns Maryville, no one can seriously pick the Rebels to lose.

Guys, I'm a Powell grad, and I always pull for the Panthers, but you need to read through this entire thread. We have already resolved all of the Coach Lowe stuff, so let's not get into that again. I have a lot of confidence in this Powell team, but please don't jump on here and make those kinds of statements that make us look like a bunch of morons. Powell has a talented team, much more talented than anyone gave them credit for before the season, and I am starting to feel that this team can make the playoffs. I have no problem with being confident, but until Powell beats a team that is going to the playoffs (I doubt CC, LC, and Karns will) and until someone stuns Maryville, no one can seriously pick the Rebels to lose.

osunut2.

I usually read your posts, and for the most part, I agree with them; however, regarding Powell in the playoffs?? Maryville, Central, West, Halls. Seen em all + Powell. Just don't see it yet. Maybe you're right though, and I will after Friday.

ruse?

Powell doesnt have a chance, this game may get so ugly that it may cause emotional damage, so much that you might not be able to recover for the rest of region play. Powell has beaten Karns, LC, and Campbell Co. now i dont think i would get on here and start talking how talented and how much heart we got if you havent been tested yet. GQ will take it easy on you guys and only beat you by 5 or 6 tds instead of 8 or 9 thats just how he is.

What do you mean this is getting national attention?? The best game in town looks to be #4 Ooltewah vs. # 6 William Blount.

osunut2.I usually read your posts, and for the most part, I agree with them; however, regarding Powell in the playoffs?? Maryville, Central, West, Halls. Seen em all + Powell. Just don't see it yet. Maybe you're right though, and I will after Friday. ruse?

I see what you mean ruse?, but just to clarify, I simply stated that Powell can make the playoffs. Obviously, the question is will they. It's still way too early to tell what's going to happen. Central struggled early, as did West (both lost to 3 of the best 5A teams in the state). Both of those teams should continue to get better each week, and I expect them to fight for 2nd in the region. The jury is still out on both Powell and Halls. Neither team has won a significant game yet, but I'd say in a few weeks, we should know just where these teams are headed this November.

Willie, the reason the whole "national attention" bit was brought up was because this is the USA Today prep game of the week.

I see what you mean ruse?, but just to clarify, I simply stated that Powell can make the playoffs. Obviously, the question is will they. It's still way too early to tell what's going to happen. Central struggled early, as did West (both lost to 3 of the best 5A teams in the state). Both of those teams should continue to get better each week, and I expect them to fight for 2nd in the region. The jury is still out on both Powell and Halls. Neither team has won a significant game yet, but I'd say in a few weeks, we should know just where these teams are headed this November.

Willie, the reason the whole "national attention" bit was brought up was because this is the USA Today prep game of the week.

Oh ok, Maryville deserves to play in the national spotlight but Powell really doesnt

Thanks for the opinion on that there little willie, but hate to break it too you it seems that Powell does deserve the attention just as much as Maryville does, these kids from BOTH schools are out there busting there butts, theres no reason to say Maryville deserves it anymore as they are all working and doing what it takes to play. It would be nice to see all the teams get a chance to play on ESPN like the teams in Cali and Ohio and of Course Hoover.

Thanks for the opinion on that there little willie, but hate to break it too you it seems that Powell does deserve the attention just as much as Maryville does, these kids from BOTH schools are out there busting there butts, theres no reason to say Maryville deserves it anymore as they are all working and doing what it takes to play. It would be nice to see all the teams get a chance to play on ESPN like the teams in Cali and Ohio and of Course Hoover.

Well like i said it isnt all about heart, you got to have talent and Powell just doesnt have it. Thats like saying Clinton and South Doyle should be on TV also since they bust their butts, NOPE. Maryville deserves it more cause they have won 48 in a row, 102 of their last 103, Powell cant beat Maryville JV so how they deserve it just as much beats me.

Well like i said it isnt all about heart, you got to have talent and Powell just doesnt have it. Thats like saying Clinton and South Doyle should be on TV also since they bust their butts, NOPE. Maryville deserves it more cause they have won 48 in a row, 102 of their last 103, Powell cant beat Maryville JV so how they deserve it just as much beats me.

With that reasoning, you are basically saying that a team like the University of Tennessee or Georgia doesn't deserve to be on TV this year, but a team like Florida or USC does. That makes zero sense willie. How do you judge whether or not one high school team gets to be covered nationally over another? About the only way you can do that is by looking at records, which is what they've done here. Of course Powell isn't as good as Maryville, but they are undefeated. It doesn't matter that they've played an awful schedule, they still deserve a chance to play in the spotlight, even if no one gives them a chance. I don't care if Powell is 3-0 or 0-3, it's an honor to get a chance like that. I think that most fans of any school would be privileged to get that chance. Maryville is nationally ranked, but there is absolutely no way for us to know if they are really worthy of that ranking. This is not a cheap shot at the Rebels or their fans at all; I'm singling you out willie. Maryville has earned their win streak and they have been the best team in Tennessee for many years in the past decade, and that is one heck of an accomplishment. However, how can you sit there and honestly say that they are the only one's who deserve the TV attention? I guess you better call up CSS and WMAK and tell them to cancel their schedules and just travel to Maryville every week. While we're at it, let's just get a TV contract with them and you can be their road manager. That's what NBC does with Notre Dame, and we all know how people feel about them. Good grief...

Awful bitter arent we??? I thought we were talking about playing on ESPN.We are talking about putting a high school game on national tv, colleges have proved their worth in the past, so what i said doesnt mean UT or UG shouldnt be on tv, i believe you are confused. I just dont see how this game should be televised, when Maryville will be able to do whatever they want, and if WB wins this week they will be 4-0 and everyone knows that they are a better team then Powell, So according to your reasoning that game should be on tv also.