MARYVILLE VS POWELL

cobrajet

Powell played a tough preseason schedule this year scrimmaging Catholic, Alcoa, and Fulton twice. Now granted Maryville came out and dismantled that Alcoa team and Fulton isn't as good this year as they have been in years past, but both those teams are pretty solid. Catholic is the real deal this year, that team was a big, physical, and surprisingly fast football team. What I'm getting at is that saying that Powell hasn't lined up against any talented football teams this year is incorrect. That's the good news for Powell. The bad news is that they had very limited success against all three of those schools with the ones, although they had several starters out for all three of these scrimmages. All that being said, I would say Powell keeps it "closer then the experts think" with Maryville pulling away late.

Reddevilfever....how many high school football games have you been the winning head coach of? For that matter how many awards did you recieve if you even had the guts to strap it up in high school? Did you every play any college football? Did you start? Maybe you should think about all that before you start to jump all over Coach Lowe again.

Yo numnuts (Panthers08) Here is my bio for ya OK Jack....Played and started 4 years of high school football...Played and started four years of high school basketball.......Played and started 4 years of high school baseball.... Played 4 years of college ball and started 3 of them.....Played and started 3 years in minor league baseball......coached summer league baseball for 8 years(high school aged kids)

Now I have never been a head coach at the high school level and I did not play college football nor pro football for that matter. But I can tell you this. I have been in Matt Lowe's face on the football field before and I would not back down from doing it again if the need arose. He has no character, no self discipline and very little respect from many of the coaches in his profession that know him or of him. Now that you can take to the bank JACK!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo numnuts (Panthers08) Here is my bio for ya OK Jack....Played and started 4 years of high school football...Played and started four years of high school basketball.......Played and started 4 years of high school baseball.... Played 4 years of college ball and started 3 of them.....Played and started 3 years in minor league baseball......coached summer league baseball for 8 years(high school aged kids)

Now I have never been a head coach at the high school level and I did not play college football nor pro football for that matter. But I can tell you this. I have been in Matt Lowe's face on the football field before and I would not back down from doing it again if the need arose. He has no character, no self discipline and very little respect from many of the coaches in his profession that know him or of him. Now that you can take to the bank JACK!!

Whew, well I'm relieved. Thank you so much for clearing that up. Since you are such an expert on the subject, riddle me this. Hidden among the sarcasm is a serious question. Enlighten the rest of us on your so-called knowledge of Matt Lowe JACK. How many NCAA coaches 'respect' Urban Meyer or Steve Spurrier or Lloyd Carr (three 'class' guys)? I'm not trying to get nasty, I'd just be curious to know how you know him so well, Mr. 3000.

Wow thats pretty impressive. Strain a muscle patting yourself on the back? Lets recap....How many high school games have you been the winning head coach of? you 0 Coach Lowe 8. How many awards did you recieve in high school? I'll assume none since you didn't mention it, and if you really know anything about football in this area over the last 15 years I don't have to tell you what kind of player he was. Advantage Coach Lowe. Did you ever play college football? You no Coach Lowe Yes. Start? You no Coach Lowe yes. I'll let the answers to those questions speak for themselves. Coach Lowe was a captain at Middle Tennessee State University. Coaches at the college level know a heck of a lot more about football then you or I and Coach Lowe learned from them. I'd say he knows his stuff. He has the type of in your face attitude that demands respect from his players, and he is always pushing them to get the most out of their abilities, now if you have misinterpreted that as a lack of character and self discipline then with all due respect sir...you're very wrong.

So basically what you are telling me is that since he has played college football and has 8 wins as a high school "head coach" that he has earned the right to act like a total #### on the field? Tell me this....how many head coaches in Knoxville, current or even in the past 15 years, has worn their visor backwards, rolls their sleeves up to show everybody they have some muscles and also have at least "8 wins" as a head football coach? So basically I am talking between lets say 1993-2007. Then let me know how many coaches in Knoxville have at least "8 wins" as a head coach in Knoxville during that same time frame.

Whew, well I'm relieved. Thank you so much for clearing that up. Since you are such an expert on the subject, riddle me this. Hidden among the sarcasm is a serious question. Enlighten the rest of us on your so-called knowledge of Matt Lowe JACK. How many NCAA coaches 'respect' Urban Meyer or Steve Spurrier or Lloyd Carr (three 'class' guys)? I'm not trying to get nasty, I'd just be curious to know how you know him so well, Mr. 3000.

Well osunut2 I would say thatmost college coaches "respect" those three college coaches that you mentioned. Noticed I said respect not liked. I would venture to say that most people in this area hate Spurrier and also Meyer but I bet they respect their ability to coach at a very high level of competition. As far as Carr goes, I would say most people in this area really like Carr since the Appy St / Mich game. It draws the attention off of UT and Fulmer. Hince the sarcasm there. And I won't get nasty with you either since we have never had a rocky past or even a past that I know of. Good luck to you and OSU this year.

Lets keep this thread on the topic of Maryville and Powell and not bash any of the coaches. Coach Lowe is respected by the people who count (other coaches from Powell, his players, and his students....not people who get on message boards that have nothing to do with Friday nights and have no life but to bash other teams and coaches)

Lets keep this thread on the topic of Maryville and Powell and not bash any of the coaches. Coach Lowe is respected by the people who count (other coaches from Powell, his players, and his students....not people who get on message boards that have nothing to do with Friday nights and have no life but to bash other teams and coaches)

Well Drega06 we do have one thing in common....GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Lowe is respected by his coaches, he sure has had a lot of turnover in two years, wouldn't you agree? I don't know the man personally, but I have seen his antics on the sidelines at Halls, Powell, Central, Maryville and Webb and I have never seen a high school coach anywhere throw little temper tantrums like he does. Good coach? Yes. Sets a good example of how to conduct yourself on the sideline? NO.

reddevilfever /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> VS. Panthers08 /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ....ITS ABOUT TO BE A ... WHAT... A GIRL-FIGHT!!! /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

if i had to guess i would say reddevilfever is a Referee /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> that missed a call. haha

and id say panthers08 prolly hates referees! geesh!

some one needs to close this thread because this is all bashing and thats not nice!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If Lowe is respected by his coaches, he sure has had a lot of turnover in two years, wouldn't you agree? I don't know the man personally, but I have seen his antics on the sidelines at Halls, Powell, Central, Maryville and Webb and I have never seen a high school coach anywhere throw little temper tantrums like he does. Good coach? Yes. Sets a good example of how to conduct yourself on the sideline? NO.

Antics? That's an interesting choice of words. I had a supervisor of officials tell me just two days ago that while Matt is vocal and animated on the sidelines that he is not disrespectful to officials. This particular supervisor has worked many Powell games, including this past Friday night. I think he would be able to analyze what Matt does or doesn't do on the sidelines pretty well.