Smyrna Vs. Blackman

seantn_4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe even 20.

C'mon 'cat get real...Smyrna will crush Blackman. No way are they going to lose three straight, two in the region.

"Shutting out Brentwood is very impressive...way to go Blaze. The game next week against Smyrna just got really interesting. "... (quote from the blackman vs brentwood thread)

you are probablyl right...smyrna will probably crush blackman...they certainly have a great program and a championship to boot...BUT...

it seems like you are talking two different tunes...so which is it...here are your options based on your two quotes above

1. smyrna will crush blackman

2. the game with blackman and smyrna just got really interesting

The difference in this game is Blackman's pass defense. If Blackman can stop the pass then they probably win. If not they may get crushed.

If Sonny doesnt play then I have to say it is Blackman's game to win or lose. Especially after hearing about the way Smyrna's line played against BA.

IF Sonny can play then great bring it on. But the kid needs to do what is right for him in the long run. He doesn't need to risk his career in baseball and/or football. He already has a scholarship to Vandy which is worth a lot more than a high school football game.

The outcome...(assuming Sonny doesn't play. Looks that way as of now)

Blackman 13

Smyrna 9

Should be a great game not quite as high scoring as last year. Go BLAZE!

"IF Sonny can play then great bring it on."

OK I AM SURE SMYRNA WILL

"Especially after hearing about the way Smyrna's line played against BA."

PLAYED 2 AND HALF QUARTERS WITHOUT THE THREAT OF A PASS (THREW 1) AND OUTSCORED ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE 13 TO 3 WITH THEM KNOWING WE WERE RUNNING IT EVERY PLAY AND THEY COULD NOT STOP IT. OUR LINE WENT HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE BEST DEFENSIVE LINE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS.

Smyrna beat up banged up doubted by everyone losers of 2 in a row. Blackman is the toast of the town right now as they should be.

I can not remember a game in some time where Smyrna's back was against the wall as much as it is now and everyone wants their shot at them

right now looks like

blackman 35

smyrna 14

i'm not gonna buy into the hype. But I'm not gonna underestimate Blackman.

Smyrna 35

Blackman 14

If Blackman had some pass game about them then I think they would be a lot better.

Make no mistake about it, Smyrna is the team to beat this year in the region. They have the total package. Getting beaten by Brentwood Academy is nothing to be ashamed of. I would much rather be playing a defending state champion as a non-region game, instead of a cupcake. It will pay dividends in the future. Don't be surprised of this game is the game that puts Smyrna back on track. Blackman is a good team, but Smyrna is the class of the region until proven otherwise.