Hillsboro @ Maplewood

boski

Hats off to Hillsboro.. u got out the fire and in to first place. looks like Maplewood had to much BBQ at halftime ..they cane out flat and stayed that way ..i cant say anything bad about the refs they called the fairest game ive seen in awhile ..good jobs refs!! honest !!! this was Malewoods own downfall D played well most of the time ..key 4th down plays won the game for hillsboro, note to maplewood coaching the play calls where not up to par with what you guys could do ...if the TE #9 would have been used more by maplewood this game would have been so different he was as open as a 7 - 11.... think about the first score ..it was there all night!!

until the playoffs hillsboro ..you know we coming back

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Hillsboro.. u got out the fire and in to first place. looks like Maplewood had to much BBQ at halftime ..they cane out flat and stayed that way ..i cant say anything bad about the refs they called the fairest game ive seen in awhile ..good jobs refs!! honest !!! this was Malewoods own downfall D played well most of the time ..key 4th down plays won the game for hillsboro, note to maplewood coaching the play calls where not up to par with what you guys could do ...if the TE #9 would have been used more by maplewood this game would have been so different he was as open as a 7 - 11.... think about the first score ..it was there all night!!

until the playoffs hillsboro ..you know we coming back

Way to do it Boski, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We got spanked here hoping it was just poor preparation. Sloppy play right from the start. Beech was the faster team last night. Could not tackle it was ugly. We see Oakland next what you no about them? Congrats to the Burro's . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to do it Boski, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We got spanked here hoping it was just poor preparation. Sloppy play right from the start. Beech was the faster team last night. Could not tackle it was ugly. We see Oakland next what you no about them? Congrats to the Burro's . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

looks like we both have our hands full this week man ...and yes otherside21 november sounds good!!! better be glad im not coaching ..i saw some things during that game that could and should have been taking advantage of to beat the burrors 7- 8 man box ... but hey what can i say im not a coach but i can see ...Maplewood just needs to look at this game film real close ..and count the number of times a certain player was left uncoverd and unnoticed by the burros defense .. the most under used weapon they have running out of that formation, they would have never saw it coming ..the guy would have had a career night.

You guys wanted it more... this time!!

Im more upset at Maplewood play calling, sometimes you have to go outside the box. (its a riddle)

That 4th down TD pass in the 3rd was a prayer from above ..the QB fumbled the ball pick it up and slung it!! it was a killer!!

Maplewood showed they were ready to play in the first half then Hillsboro just came out and owned the second half Maplewood honestly looked tired.

lol i watched as #5 and # 12 for hillsboro walked out of the looker room and glared at the score board as they walked passed it ... i dont know those two talked about but they got it done.

i hope these 2 teams meet again !

it was a good game!!

Congrats to Hillsboro on this win. I personally didn't see it coming but that's why the Burros are always among the best in 4A.

Maplewood is a great team still and I do expect this one to occur again in the quarterfinals of the playoffs.

All in all it is great to see so many teams in Metro/Nashville having so much success this season. Hillsboro, Maplewood, Hunters Lane, & Pearl Cohn all look like they could easily wind up advancing to Murfreesboro in their respective classifications.

Maplewood wins this one. 20-13.

The difference in this game will be Maplewood's D-Line. Maplewood has the best D-Line in 4a. They can pressure Arent with 4 linemen. Arent is easily rattled when hit. He will be hit vs. Maplewood. Hillsboro's O-Line isn't as good as last yr's. That center they had the last 4 yrs just manhandled opposing defenses, he was also a stud defensive lineman too. Hillsboro's offensive and defensive lines aren't as good as last yr. MBA showed you can run down Hillsboro's throat. Chris Simpson and Cantrell will both have 100 yds rushing. Seward is a not an eat the clock type back. He is good on screens and sweeps, not between the tackles. Maplewood hits as hard as any HS team i've seen this yr. I like Gordon for Hillsboro, he is the best player in this game, but he can't do it by himself. Again Maplewood wins.

Apparently Gordon can do it by himself. Congrats to Hillsboro. They are the best team in Metro(public schools) all classifications.

Maplewoods conditioning was not good. That is why they lost the game in the second half. They had nothing left in the tank. Also No. 4 played his heart out for Maplewood, but having him play defense all game and run to the sideline for every play on offense wore him out.

Apparently Gordon can do it by himself. Congrats to Hillsboro. They are the best team in Metro(public schools) all classifications.

Maplewoods conditioning was not good. That is why they lost the game in the second half. They had nothing left in the tank. Also No. 4 played his heart out for Maplewood, but having him play defense all game and run to the sideline for every play on offense wore him out.

Cobrafan I take issue of 1 thing you said in your post. I think that the offensive and defensive lines played well and are as good as last years team.

Cobrafan I take issue of 1 thing you said in your post. I think that the offensive and defensive lines played well and are as good as last years team.

Hillsboro's line took care of business Friday. I still do not think there line is better than the previous Hillsboro teams. The line isn't horrible, matter of fact the line is good, just not as good as previous. Maplewoods D-line, I over-estimated them and gave them way to much credit. Hillsboro's superior strength and conditioning played a factor too. Hillsboro's small D-line is the reason why MBA ran it down their throat.