Knox West v. Halls

KnoxWest#63

Wow!! What a great football game. A few notes:

- I heard Wes Kitts rushed for over 335 yards(shattering the school record!). I also heard that Kevin Waggoner rushed for almost 150 yards. That's almost 500 yards rushing for two players!!!

- Tyler Turner continues to show why he is a winner. He does what it takes and the kids believe in him. Great throw to Daniel Dayton for a TD in the first OT!

- Daniel Dayton silenced a lot of critics tonight. He came up big all night long. Great catch for TD in first OT.

- What can we say about the offensive line?? Opened holes from the first play until the last!

- Great job coaches!! Kids could have folded at the half but didn't. Would love to have been a fly on the wall during Coach Julians half-time speech.

- Prayers go out to Micah Bolden. I hear it may be an ACL.(That will kill an already thin defensive line.) Let's hope for the best. Micah has been playing well.

- My heart goes out to the West players. I hate to see anyone lose a game like this one. Jake Ryan is one good football player!! Best of luck to you guys the rest of the season.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, heart felt thoughts and prayers for Micah.

Silent on the Rebel9 forecast but knew it would be way off base. But I must admit I was a little surprised at the final score. Thats why you play the whole game and not get to over confident.

Offensive line A-1 game tonight. I know it seems like a thankless job but Kitts and Waggoner appreciates you big time. Kitts was a player possessed. I'm betting on him making 1,000 yards this year. Excellent speed and great build should play at the next level.

Defense looked a little lacking in the first half but came to play big time in the second half. Special teams like the Vols still looks nervous to me accounted for the most part of 14 points for them. Biggest trouble we had was Wagner on the crossing patterns he is a big time player and 162 yards was most of their offense. Overall the DB's tackled well and two picks were both big. Especially Dayton's when West was driving late for the winning score in regulation. Defensive line did their job and the linebackers Hodge and McGill were all over the field making plays. Blair's big time play you couldn't put that in a movie script and act that out any better. Awesome!!!!

Turner is doing good as the field general and brought this team back with a big third down pass to Dayton in OT to keep us in the game after West had taken the lead. Composure and attitude was fantastic by all the players and coaches. That in the end won the day.

One thing I do know is we will always be a underdog this year and hopefully we will keep proving the media and other skeptics wrong. This young team from last year grew up fast last night and It will only get better.

losing micah is hard thing for halls to go through right now knowing that there defensive line dosnt have much debeth but on a better note i talked to reece kelly at the game last night and he told me that for the last 3 weeks he has been working out for 3 hours a day and runing a bunch to stay in shape. and that he gave me his word that he will be playing at the powell game and he said he is stronger and faster then he has ever been so this outh to bust halls confindence awaiting the irrival of there starting fullback and nosegaurd. cant wait to see that game

All the West people on here must be eating their crow and pot of B$ that they were talking about before this game. They are nowwhere to be seen nowadays. I will just say.....NEXT!!!!!!! Bearden come on down you are the next contestant. Maybe West should put that kid that played QB in the first half of the first game back in at QB.

explain how west will be a lock for number two in the region rebel. looks like if central wins out region except for maryville ofcourse they are the lock for number 2. if west beats central and wins out the rest of the games there could be a possible three way tie for second in the region, central, halls, west. how will it be determined who will get the seeds in the playoffs then? i dont know how the seeding works and maybe you do rebel9 so please explain.

Thats quite an ignorant statement. Yes congrats on coming back to win. This was one game, West will still be number 2 in the region. Halls will probably be 3rd. Kitts is a heck of a player. West has to improve tackling to win

how do you get west finishing 2nd in region??? Does anybody know what the tie breaker is for a 3-way tie??? it used to be overall record, is it still that way now??? if so, since central and west are now looking at finishing 6-4 (assuming west will beat central) and halls will finish 7-3. so would that not put halls 2nd, west 3rd, and central 4th??? and if west loses to central that would put central 2nd, halls 3rd, and west 4th??? am i right on that one? plz somebody correct me if i am wrong. (this is assuming none of these teams upset maryville, and that southdoyle, powell, or clinton does not upset any of the other top 3 teams)

how do you get west finishing 2nd in region??? Does anybody know what the tie breaker is for a 3-way tie??? it used to be overall record, is it still that way now??? if so, since central and west are now looking at finishing 6-4 (assuming west will beat central) and halls will finish 7-3. so would that not put halls 2nd, west 3rd, and central 4th??? and if west loses to central that would put central 2nd, halls 3rd, and west 4th??? am i right on that one? plz somebody correct me if i am wrong. (this is assuming none of these teams upset maryville, and that southdoyle, powell, or clinton does not upset any of the other top 3 teams)

you're right on those assumptions as far as I know, but that's just it, assumptions. Too many weeks of football left for that.

you're right on those assumptions as far as I know, but that's just it, assumptions. Too many weeks of football left for that.

Yea I agree with that, I just didn't want throw in all the "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s, that would turn into one wild and confusing post lol. so lets just pretend in high school football everyone beats who they are supposed to and loses to who they are supposed to, we obviously know this is true after the game friday night /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> but am I right about the 3 way tie???? do they still look at overall record?