DYERSBURG VRS obion central

trojanfan56

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what to expect from that person anyways....so nobody really pays attention to what they say anymore....

But to this game....I haven't been able to make it to many games this year and won't be able to make it to this one either because of work, but I do listen when I get the chance....I was able to make it to the South Side game though...I was pretty excited to see how this team would operate with the new coach, the new offense, just overall new everything.....I was hoping we would go out there and atleast play like I know they are capable of.....and leave everything on the field....Outside of the first quarter....I didn't see that....it was really disappointing....but I didn't give up hope just yet....The bye week then Ripley......After the first half the defense stepped up, but still no signs of an offense, but I thought we have Lone Oak (KY) coming into Troy on Homecoming with a little momentum from the 2nd half of the Ripley game we might actually go out and shock some people out there.....Lone Oak is #4 in 4A in Kentucky, but the past two years have come to Troy to scrimmage us and came home with pretty bad losses.....As I'm listening to the game and we are down 59-6...I'm just wondering where our pride was....I know the heart and pride didn't graduate last year....I know there are some players out there that actually do want to win....I know we have a coach that really wants to win, but doesn't have the greatest talent....But everyone thought that's a team that won't give up, has heart, and plays with pride....and that's all anyone could ever ask for from a group of guys.....But after three games, and being outscored 126-12.....I just don't know....And now we have our former coach, our former starting quarterback, and two assistants coming back next week and everyone expects for OC to get pounded and rightfully so....I mean they haven't showed me any reasons why this game will be remotely close, but I know when I played and if I had Dyersburg coming in with all these other factors involved...I know that I would do anything possible to go out there and leave everything I had on that field....forget about every other game that has been played.....forget about the 0-3 record....forget about the Trojans being 3-0 and ranked in the state....Just play football....Try to go out there and prove to people that you know how to play football....not just when someone sees they have Obion Co. on their schedule its an automatic win....I won't be at the game Friday night....I will definately try to be, but I'll be listening and hopefully they can pull it together and make something of this game....If they go out there like they have been it will get ugly quick....I just hope they can prove everyone wrong....

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

dyersburg will shut obion out. i watched the OC vrs ripley game and OC looked awfull. i dont believe its the players cause they played hard, i believe its the lack of coaching. bowling always had oc ready. central lost close games under bowling not blow outs with the exception to crockett and dyersburg. central will get hit friday like they havnt been hit yet this season. I believe when coach driggers cleaned house a forced out gamblin, decker,and hart he cut his own throat. the kids liked those guys and played hard for them. look for a ugly hard hitting game. obion has a long road ahead with the meat of their schedule ahead. I dont look for central to win a game. might have if some of the guys wouldnt have transferd and quit, good luck central a good coach will come around again some day.

dyersburg will shut obion out. i watched the OC vrs ripley game and OC looked awfull. i dont believe its the players cause they played hard, i believe its the lack of coaching. bowling always had oc ready. central lost close games under bowling not blow outs with the exception to crockett and dyersburg. central will get hit friday like they havnt been hit yet this season. I believe when coach driggers cleaned house a forced out gamblin, decker,and hart he cut his own throat. the kids liked those guys and played hard for them. look for a ugly hard hitting game. obion has a long road ahead with the meat of their schedule ahead. I dont look for central to win a game. might have if some of the guys wouldnt have transferd and quit, good luck central a good coach will come around again some day.

Wow.....after reading this "opinion", you really don't know anything, do you? What's the big difference between last year's team and this year's team, aside from a different coaching staff and Logan Parker exiting south, hoping for more scouts, is the fact that with the exception Calhoun and Clanton, everyone else played JV. So, there is lack of experience. And then there is a new system for them to learn. AND there was a lack of work ethic.

Of course, as soon as you mentioned that Driggers cut his own throat by getting rid of those coaches, I really couldn't take you seriously.

But, what do I care what you think? Join up with your buddy Trojan man and have a little celebration, getting ready for "championship" run.

Wow.....after reading this "opinion", you really don't know anything, do you? What's the big difference between last year's team and this year's team, aside from a different coaching staff and Logan Parker exiting south, hoping for more scouts, is the fact that with the exception Calhoun and Clanton, everyone else played JV. So, there is lack of experience. And then there is a new system for them to learn. AND there was a lack of work ethic.

Of course, as soon as you mentioned that Driggers cut his own throat by getting rid of those coaches, I really couldn't take you seriously.

But, what do I care what you think? Join up with your buddy Trojan man and have a little celebration, getting ready for "championship" run.

thats just my opinion'' you have your own, but I'm not for the Trojans at all I'm a dyer county fan to set the record straight. Canton is allot better running back than QB. Obion kids were always ready for war WHEN BOLING WAS THERE. they haven't went to war yet for driggers, OBION WONT WIN A GAME THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT, DRIGGERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL SCHEDULING IS REDONE AGAIN AND HE GETS SOME EASY TEAMS BACK ON THE SCHEDULE!!!!

[/quotn

Nothing against the former c oach bowling but he had crop of players(for obion standards) that came through in those years. Also,, remember they werent world beaters. I for one know that bowling was known to bad mouth his coaches after he left OC refering to their work ethic and knowledge. Yet he hired them.. What does that mean? Is he a liar ,or dont want to be seconded guessed????????

We all know how this game should end. I do want to see Obion county come out and play Dyersburg as tough as anyone they meet this friday night. OC will be back in the future, and everyone in region 7 3A are pulling for them. They have never been the most talented team in the past but have always palyed TOUGH and I expect this friday to be no different.

The Rebs did struggle Friday night, against a solid Lone Oak team. And yes they will more than have their work cut out for them with D'burg. The Trojans are GOOD. But don't look for OC to lay down, they won't. Seems like I have said this before, this is a YOUNG team for the most part, and add that to a new coach, (who by the way I think is doing a good job with this team) and it will take some time for everything to click. Some have buried OC after three games, I along with alot of other TRUE Rebel fans are not ready to do that. Support this bunch, they deserve it.

See you at Troy Friday night.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats just my opinion'' you have your own, but I'm not for the Trojans at all I'm a dyer county fan to set the record straight. Canton is allot better running back than QB. Obion kids were always ready for war WHEN BOLING WAS THERE. they haven't went to war yet for driggers, OBION WONT WIN A GAME THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT, DRIGGERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL SCHEDULING IS REDONE AGAIN AND HE GETS SOME EASY TEAMS BACK ON THE SCHEDULE!!!!

What has this region come to when dyer county football fans are giving advise on WINNING to any other team in this region?? Mircles never cease!! Talk about wars, playing with heart, easier schedules, etc sound like advise from a progam accustom to such..Dyersburg is tough & although I think it's too early to talk championship, if the coaches can keep kids focused & developing chemistry, comfort with the new schemes, etc., who knows...that's why they play the game... As for OC, give the coach a chance...remember, the Jackson South Side defense he helped creat seems to be doing just fine....