Sullivan South vs Johnson County

HiGipper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time we started this thread.

This is the classical match up of power vs finesse.

Will the JC ground game and punishing style be able to overcome the SS spread attack? Which D can slow down the other's O?

I was bullish on JC in preseason and looked like a fool after the Hampton game. Maybe Hampton is that good and I am not so foolish.

After last week's results, I have to give the early edge on Monday night to JC. I think SS's psyche is fragile and they are banged up. Can they recover? I will look forward to Comp's (and others) response.

In response to TCS 's Top Ten, I would like to offer my own. BTW, unlike Ron Bliss I do not give points for almost and so don't rank 1-3 teams at #2. And gosh, with the collapse of Hamblen County football so far, I don't have to do all the normal geographical who is in and who is not stuff. These are size corrected. When Boone beats a 5A team who is preseason ranked high in their league I will move them ahead of Hampton.

1. Hampton

2. Boone

3. THS

4. G'ville

5. South

6. Science Hill

7. Johnson County

8. Jeff County

9. East

10. Unaka

Will the JC ground game and punishing style be able to overcome the SS spread attack? Which D can slow down the other's O?

I was bullish on JC in preseason and looked like a fool after the Hampton game. Maybe Hampton is that good and I am not so foolish.

After last week's results, I have to give the early edge on Monday night to JC. I think SS's psyche is fragile and they are banged up. Can they recover? I will look forward to Comp's (and others) response.

In response to TCS 's Top Ten, I would like to offer my own. BTW, unlike Ron Bliss I do not give points for almost and so don't rank 1-3 teams at #2. And gosh, with the collapse of Hamblen County football so far, I don't have to do all the normal geographical who is in and who is not stuff. These are size corrected. When Boone beats a 5A team who is preseason ranked high in their league I will move them ahead of Hampton.

1. Hampton

2. Boone

3. THS

4. G'ville

5. South

6. Science Hill

7. Johnson County

8. Jeff County

9. East

10. Unaka

What collapse of hamblen county football? We lost 1 game that our qb went out and our sophomores drove the ball but could not get it in the end zone. "collapse" is a strong word.

1. Hampton

2. Boone

3. THS

4. G'ville

5. South

6. Science Hill

7. Johnson County

8. Jeff County

9. East

10. Unaka

last year i would have never thought in a million years MoWest wouldn't be on that list

I see Wednesday being the pivotal day here. Today, we're still feeling sorry for ourselves. Tomorrow, we will get a blood transfusion. Wednesday...either the Devil will come out or we will blow the season. I feel this week being what should have been last week. Remember THS in '06? Totally different team this Friday. Stacy will open up the tool box.

QUOTE(etfan @ Sep 17 2007 - 09:22 PM)

1. Hampton

2. Boone

3. THS

4. G'ville

5. South

6. Science Hill

7. Johnson County

8. Jeff County

9. East

10. Unaka

ETFAN Your poll and thinking are a little warped....Lets see Hampton beat Erwin 09 to 06 and their only TD was a interception for a TD, No offense TD and Sullivan South beat Erwin 48 to 07 I'm not a rocket Scientist but thats a no brainer. Also you say aBoone needs to beat a 5A team ranked high what 5A team has Hampton beat???

Johnson Countys only loss is to undefeated Hampton. Let's get this Greenville game behind us until playoffs. I say we rebound with a big victory. 24 to 07

The key is obvious and that is to contain Phillips. Not that South doesnt have other players that can beat you but I hope JC makes them do it. My opinion is to do what we have done for the last two weeks (and really for our history) and do not try and get fancy like we did against Hampton or the first two out of three plays against Avery County, NC (ran once, threw twice for two picks deep in our territory). RUN, RUN, RUN and then if in doubt, run it again. We can throw the ball but we need to do it limited and only after pounding it. These polls mean nothing and are discussed alot on here but the fact is most teams are capable with a few breaks of beating anyone. Hampton looked very good in week 0 to me but have shown that they can have down nights. South obviously shocked me last week. So I am calling this game a toss up. I also think that keeping Phillips rushing total down is a big key more so than totally shutting down the passing game.