Sullivan South vs Johnson County

HiGipper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two more days to the big show down what do you guys think will be keys to the game , and yes I am talking about the Johnson Co. vs. S South game .

IMO----your defense vs our balanced attack; our defense vs your run offense. If I were a coach, I'd rather have to prepare for one thing, the run in this case with JC, rather than both, a balanced attack, in this case with SS.The Keys for South, obviously, will be sound defense and getting our offense on track early.The Keys for JC, ---keeping it close until deep into the game, hoping that South will wear down.That's my opinion.

He's a ghost rider. Politically unbiased.

Obviously a ghost "writer", but not unbiased.

IMO----your defense vs our balanced attack; our defense vs your run offense. If I were a coach, I'd rather have to prepare for one thing, the run in this case with JC, rather than both, a balanced attack, in this case with SS.The Keys for South, obviously, will be sound defense and getting our offense on track early.The Keys for JC, ---keeping it close until deep into the game, hoping that South will wear down.That's my opinion.Obviously a ghost "writer", but not unbiased.

Very good thought process. I hope we can do better than to hang in until late but I can see your point in this post. We do have a very good secondary with a lot of athletes so I still believe the key will be to stop your running game and especially Phillips. I also realize he will still complete passes because that is one heck of an arm and his timing is unreal on the throws. I think this has the makings for another good game with South probably being highly upset after the loss and JC looking to prove that the Hampton game was not them.

Pudding---are you from South??

Rebel,

No. Does it sound like I am. I am originally from middle Tn, but have lived in the city for several years thanks to the Big E. I have girls. I have a cousin who has a kid who is a junior at DB. I have friends all over the area, so I catch a variety of games, as the wife allows. Mostly go the J.Fred on Fridays.

IMO----your defense vs our balanced attack; our defense vs your run offense. If I were a coach, I'd rather have to prepare for one thing, the run in this case with JC, rather than both, a balanced attack, in this case with SS.The Keys for South, obviously, will be sound defense and getting our offense on track early.The Keys for JC, ---keeping it close until deep into the game, hoping that South will wear down.That's my opinion.Obviously a ghost "writer", but not unbiased.

Not sure I understand the ghost "writer" thing, comp. I was nothing but positive about your boy before as I do think he's a good rb. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant nothing by the confusing label u put on me. You can explain if you want, but honestly I'd rather talk football. I also don't understand the unbiased part. Besides pulling for my cousin, and friends kids at several schools, i spend most of my time not in sports at a local Christian school with the girls. There are many high schools represented at the Big E where I plant my butt everyday. So, I kindof pull for many teams. Some more than others, but we all do.

You know what I would like to see? Somebody, whether its DB, South, Bristol, Boone, Hampton or whomever from this region finally win one. I arrived in the area when everyone though Cloudland would win it all. Unfortunatly CAK knocked em off. Hopefully someone will get past the western teams this year. Hope that's unbiased enough for you Reb.

etfan,

Uhhh, your rankings are, in my opinion, well, let's just say off. I know we all love our home teams and all but there is no way Hampton is #1 in our area. No way. I don't care if they are undefeated.

Cap,

Actually, you made some good points in regards to rankings and I agree about South. Pretty good for a Viking fan /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I see Johnson County playing South close for a series or two, maybe a quarter. But then it's over.

Dobyns Bennett will play another close one this week. The outcome is foggy. Contain the line of scrimmage on extra points boys.

I don't think I've ever put together a poll, but I feel the need arising. Current records are not all I take into account (although some of you will criticize me for this I'm sure). I am ranking these teams by whom I think is best and will end up best. Boone is doing well now, but this will not last all year. Hampton might win all of their games left but that does not mean they can play with the big boys. Am I right that they squeaked by Unicoi County??? Sullivan South could have hung 70 on UC if they had chose to. DB may be 1-3 but that does not mean that they could be beaten by a Hampton or Unaka whomever. I'm no Waco, but here's my shot at a poll.

#1 Morristown East (Don't think anyone is better right now. South may be, once playoffs start)

#2 Sullivan South (Gville's shot to their mouth has woken the Rebels up)

#3 Tennessee High (Talent is there. I like the Harmon kid)

#4 Jeff County (Seem to be playing very well. Good to see a resurgence (sp?) in the Jeff Co program)

#5 Science Hill (Will get better and better as season goes on. This may be their year with DB.)

#6 Daniel Boone (Can't maintain their top tricitessports.com position with only a running game. I had a hard time putting them above Dobyns-Bennett. Don't think little Boone could beat DB on most nights.)

#7 Dobyns-Bennett (Still DB, as Cap said. Just struggling with a dip in talent as all teams. They are also playing stiff competition.)

#8 GreenEville (One great game a season does not make)

#9 Sullivan East (They fight hard and hold well as the line has been taught by Ralphie.)

#10 Morristown West (Wait and see if they don't get better)

#11 Volunteer (Noone should take the Falcons lightly. They are just a bit Jekyll and Hyde. Their win over the VA team means nothing though.)

Tell me Hampton or Unaka could beat anyone in the top 10 above. Dream all you want, they couldn't. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck all anyway!

Suffice it to say, you must not have seen Boone's line. Little would not be the word to describe Boone. Always had large boys up front, always will.

Suffice it to say, you must not have seen Boone's line. Little would not be the word to describe Boone. Always had large boys up front, always will.

Dont think I said anything about the line being little. Talking about the team as a whole. Really didnt mean anything by it. Originally I was going to put "Little db beat big DB". But I knew the can of worms that that would open. Guess I didn't delete back far enough before I posted.

Not being from either DB directly, I didn't want to cause problems, just stating my opionin as to would win if they lined up.

Good enough for you? (hypothethical question)

Not to disagree with you, very good point that you have made. because I am not here to stir things up, just my opinion but if a team (Johnson Co.) contains Curt's running I think things could be very interesting, he is also the leading rusher on the team , stats don't lie . I am not saying we are going to win , but i believe. All in good fun good luck.

I really hate I'm going to miss this game. I've witnessed the Rebel's balanced attack first hand; by now their weapons should speak for themselves. A couple of myths that should be busted by now: South is a one man show and South has no running game. That being said, the Longhorns are fighting some myths of their own. While the frequency of their passing attack is in question, I don't believe you can deny the fact that they have some very athletic, deep threat receivers and a capable gun-slinger. Johnson County will always be able to run the football, but I think this year they can really throw it around. JC's biggest weapon- and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet- might be the big toe of their kicker.

If the game was being played in Mountain City, I might call for an upset. Too many weapons and an all too motivated team. Great game, though.

SS: 28

CJ: 17

Good health and Good luck!