Sullivan South vs Johnson County

HiGipper

Dont think I said anything about the line being little. Talking about the team as a whole. Really didnt mean anything by it. Originally I was going to put "Little db beat big DB". But I knew the can of worms that that would open. Guess I didn't delete back far enough before I posted.

Not being from either DB directly, I didn't want to cause problems, just stating my opionin as to would win if they lined up.

Good enough for you? (hypothethical question)

That'll work. As far as Daniel Boone being smaller than DB, yup you are right. Interestingly enough, it looks like you could see Crockett and Boone being a 5A school next time the districts are redrawn IF they keep the level of students they have right now.

Of course if a new high school were built in Washington County, you could see three 3A schools.......mayhaps.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO----your defense vs our balanced attack; our defense vs your run offense. If I were a coach, I'd rather have to prepare for one thing, the run in this case with JC, rather than both, a balanced attack, in this case with SS.The Keys for South, obviously, will be sound defense and getting our offense on track early.The Keys for JC, ---keeping it close until deep into the game, hoping that South will wear down.That's my opinion.Obviously a ghost "writer", but not unbiased.

You misread. I said politically unbiased. Most definately he is biased but not because of the politics thereof. To clarify I should say, "Biased but politically uninfluenced." Go view his profile and read his posts from a year or so ago.

Not sure I understand the ghost "writer" thing, comp. I was nothing but positive about your boy before as I do think he's a good rb. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant nothing by the confusing label u put on me. You can explain if you want, but honestly I'd rather talk football. I also don't understand the unbiased part. Besides pulling for my cousin, and friends kids at several schools, i spend most of my time not in sports at a local Christian school with the girls. There are many high schools represented at the Big E where I plant my butt everyday. So, I kindof pull for many teams. Some more than others, but we all do.

You know what I would like to see? Somebody, whether its DB, South, Bristol, Boone, Hampton or whomever from this region finally win one. I arrived in the area when everyone though Cloudland would win it all. Unfortunatly CAK knocked em off. Hopefully someone will get past the western teams this year. Hope that's unbiased enough for you Reb.

Boy, the one honest opinionist and I have to make him mad. Meant nothing of the such. Actually, was trying to complement you in a covert sort of way. It would have been cool for you to have remained anonomous...along with your origins and obligations. (I know, I was the first to roll the stone away.) This way anything you would have said (like the profound statements you made last year...which by the way were brutally honest and spot-on accurate...at the time) would have come across as totally unbiased, objective, conclusions which could only come from someone with no dog in the race. And yes, nothing should have changed...so I guess it didn't. It's just that with no affiliation it made you look covert...secret agent, maybe even a scout (wishful thinking) which (in my opinion) elevated your stock. So yeah, I didn't want anyone else to know who you were...I mean like it matters. So, my pet name for you. The name alluding to someone who speaks the truth as if it were written in the wind where anyone could hear it if only they would listen. And the politically unbiased part just meaning that you owe no one anything and have no fear of recourse by speaking the truth. Your advocacy startles some because most are constantly weighing their words consious not to offend the wrong people. Smack talk is different. It's just Sophmoric boasting but hurts no one. I'm talking about the serious stuff. So now that you are semi-identified I will leave you be to produce your high powered rhetoric which I can see many dillengently search for as I did long ago.

Hope that's unbiased enough for you Reb.

Hey, Pudding, I must apologize to you. Actually, I was convinced that you were someone who was double posting, using an alias 2nd name. That was not nice of me, I was baiting you, so Pls accept my apology. I truly was convinced, in my own mind. I've told you in the past that i enjoy your posts, I just needed clarity on your identity/nonidentity. It did work though, and now I can enjoy your "unbiased" opinions for the remainder of the season.

Hope you accept my apology.

Regards,

REB

This should be a great battle in death valley, I am sure Coach Carter will have his running Rebs ready to go. If not and they give another lack luster preformance could be another carbon copy of last week.

But I am going to give the edge to Curt and his Crew! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

SS 21 JC 13

Would say JC 7, but they do have a better than average kicker.

Good luck Rebels and Longhorns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just read the South article on tricitiessports.com and it sounds like South and Coach Stacy Carter are full of excuses. He speaks of a couple of down linemen (among others) being game time decisions on whether they will play or not. This very thing has kept South from being a true contender outside our conference…NO DEPTH!! The sad thing about it is that it’s not because they don’t have the players, it’s because Carter and crew only trust a handful to carry the whole team. If it weren’t for Curt being such a prospect and in the publics eye and on many scouting charts, Carter would have him on defense, returning kicks and punts, and probably punting and kicking field goals….and that’s not a joke…I’m serious. The South program would rather beat up on other JV teams than put these other talented players in the varsity game. You can get away with it for a while but eventually that injury bug will plague a team and destroy your season.

Just read the South article on tricitiessports.com and it sounds like South and Coach Stacy Carter are full of excuses. He speaks of a couple of down linemen (among others) being game time decisions on whether they will play or not. This very thing has kept South from being a true contender outside our conference?NO DEPTH!! The sad thing about it is that it?s not because they don?t have the players, it?s because Carter and crew only trust a handful to carry the whole team. If it weren?t for Curt being such a prospect and in the publics eye and on many scouting charts, Carter would have him on defense, returning kicks and punts, and probably punting and kicking field goals?.and that?s not a joke?I?m serious. The South program would rather beat up on other JV teams than put these other talented players in the varsity game. You can get away with it for a while but eventually that injury bug will plague a team and destroy your season.

Your quote,"south program would rather beat up on other JV teams than put these other talented players in the varsity game"-----------Many of these boys you are referring to are Sophs---You should know that putting them in a Varsity game would not limit their JV time, --which might even strengthen the point you make about "trusting only a handful", ----but you, or I, are not at the practices and we don't know what goes on there. Maybe they are not stepping up in practice to win the confidence of the coach, and even though they are playing well in JV, it may too early for the coaches to recognize this can be expected day in and day out-----and just maybe the JV competition is not a good benchmark for how well the Rebel JVs are really performing--even though the scores are lopsided. I've noticed that a few of these boys, --BobbyT., AshtonZ, SethW. and a few others-----are getting in more and I believe they can come in and make a difference, but they have to win that honor in practice. I'd personally like to see them get more playing time, but again, I'm not at practice, and I don't know the full story.

Hey Johnson Co., just a little bit of motivation. There is word going around that Curt Phillips "Mr. Football" Has Guaraenteed TO WIN OUT THE REGULAR SEASON MLC, starting with Johnson Co. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Hey Johnson Co., just a little bit of motivation. There is word going around that Curt Phillips "Mr. Football" Has Guaraenteed TO WIN OUT THE REGULAR SEASON MLC, starting with Johnson Co. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Too bad we don't play Science Hill every week or this would be a lock statement.

Just read the South article on tricitiessports.com and it sounds like South and Coach Stacy Carter are full of excuses. He speaks of a couple of down linemen (among others) being game time decisions on whether they will play or not. This very thing has kept South from being a true contender outside our conference?NO DEPTH!! The sad thing about it is that it?s not because they don?t have the players, it?s because Carter and crew only trust a handful to carry the whole team. If it weren?t for Curt being such a prospect and in the publics eye and on many scouting charts, Carter would have him on defense, returning kicks and punts, and probably punting and kicking field goals?.and that?s not a joke?I?m serious. The South program would rather beat up on other JV teams than put these other talented players in the varsity game. You can get away with it for a while but eventually that injury bug will plague a team and destroy your season.

Jealous?

Quote from tricitiessports.com article of Sept. 14:

Despite the loss, Phillips remained confident and made a Joe Namath-type statement in the post-game locker room.

???We??™re not going to lose another game,??? he said. ???We??™re going to win the rest of them.???

So now he's Joe Namath. (Just kidding, as I wouldn't want a QB leading my team if he didn't think that.)

Quote from tricitiessports.com article of Sept. 14:

Despite the loss, Phillips remained confident and made a Joe Namath-type statement in the post-game locker room.

???We??™re not going to lose another game,??? he said. ???We??™re going to win the rest of them.???

So now he's Joe Namath. (Just kidding, as I wouldn't want a QB leading my team if he didn't think that.)

I know (from your post) you know better, Daddio, so I'm not targeting you, just to make a point regarding this whole Joe Namath thing: I've been waiting since I first saw this for someone to jump on it. First, Phillips did not say he was Joe Namath, TCS added the Joe Namath thing. Second--agreeing with Daddio's comment---if you lose a hard, close game, I'd hope that 44 members of the team would make the same committment---but TCS did not interview 44. Phillips' worked as hard as anyone, and has committed himself to a goal, more than you can say about alot of our youth these days. He's good, no question. There's others that fall into this category from all around the area, as well, so I choose to admire all of the youth that fit this description, I enjoy their success on the field, and hope everyone encourages them to continue their leadership and excellence----------REMEMBER-one day you may suffer a heart attack or wake up from serious accident (I hope not) and standing over you is a group of well equipped and well trained doctors led by one of these fine young men----------i bet you'll wish them success then, huh??