Sullivan South vs Johnson County

HiGipper

I remember you saying you always pull for the teams in the conference, when they play 5A teams or the 5 rivers etc. But, I seen where said you was pulling for Greeneville. Is it just Sullivan County teams or can't you get that flag out of your eyes.

Everybody loves to hate South...the flag just gives them ammo. I actually would like to see the guys calm down with the antics they carry on with. Carry the flag with respect...don't plant it in their end zone or the like. The teams we have played have all (including Greenville) given us respect on here after the fact. That's because they can testify to the offensive ability we posses. Our offense is more powerful this year than last but everyone thinks it's just hype until they play us. Cap was at the Greenville game to see if we had it or not. He concluded we didn't have it. At least not all that is hyped. As long as we continue in the current mind set we will not shed the "one man show" moniker. That doesn't bother Stacy as long as we win. He won't go under center and pull out the running set until he is forced to and then it won't last long. Cap says, "Take away Curt and it's over". A lot of people think that. We know different but it stands to reason why outsiders would think this. We show nothing else. So we must have nothing else. Another game will come where we must use other weapons. Greenville was one example. The Vikings think they will be another...not to mention 'Boone. Curt stepped up the game. Now everybody else must step up if we are to go further.

I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS to the Band and Belles. Wonderful show. I chastised them for the showing at the Greenville game. They responded very well. The uniforms are very elegant. They looked and sounded great...from the middle of the field I might add. Belles...cool routine. Yall took it up a notch!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody loves to hate South...the flag just gives them ammo. I actually would like to see the guys calm down with the antics they carry on with. Carry the flag with respect...don't plant it in their end zone or the like. The teams we have played have all (including Greenville) given us respect on here after the fact. That's because they can testify to the offensive ability we posses. Our offense is more powerful this year than last but everyone thinks it's just hype until they play us. Cap was at the Greenville game to see if we had it or not. He concluded we didn't have it. At least not all that is hyped. As long as we continue in the current mind set we will not shed the "one man show" moniker. That doesn't bother Stacy as long as we win. He won't go under center and pull out the running set until he is forced to and then it won't last long. Cap says, "Take away Curt and it's over". A lot of people think that. We know different but it stands to reason why outsiders would think this. We show nothing else. So we must have nothing else. Another game will come where we must use other weapons. Greenville was one example. The Vikings think they will be another...not to mention 'Boone. Curt stepped up the game. Now everybody else must step up if we are to go further.

I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS to the Band and Belles. Wonderful show. I chastised them for the showing at the Greenville game. They responded very well. The uniforms are very elegant. They looked and sounded great...from the middle of the field I might add. Belles...cool routine. Yall took it up a notch!

I wasn??™t at the Greeneville game (and I know that is what you were fishing for), but believe me you don??™t have to be at the game to know what South is about, and that is the Curt Philips show. Even Knoxville knows about the hype (and I know this to be a fact). You even (in your own words) made the statement yourself that when the going gets tough??¦the tough jump on Curt??™s back. Is there anything wrong with that??¦not a thing. I will not deny that South has ???IT???. But please don??™t deny that Philips is the butter on the bread??¦and we all know that without butter, your bread is pretty bland. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I wasn??™t at the Greeneville game (and I know that is what you were fishing for), but believe me you don??™t have to be at the game to know what South is about, and that is the Curt Philips show. Even Knoxville knows about the hype (and I know this to be a fact). You even (in your own words) made the statement yourself that when the going gets tough??¦the tough jump on Curt??™s back. Is there anything wrong with that??¦not a thing. I will not deny that South has ???IT???. But please don??™t deny that Philips is the butter on the bread??¦and we all know that without butter, your bread is pretty bland. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't recall that one Cap. Must have been somebody else. I can't deny anything about Curt because we have no proof otherwise. Fact of the matter is that I can't argue the point without data. So until we lose the butter and see it's just conjecture. However, I won't argue what history has shown. And history shows that Curt does the lions share of the work on offense. I do have faith in many other offensive weapons however unproven they are.

Don't recall that one Cap. Must have been somebody else. I can't deny anything about Curt because we have no proof otherwise. Fact of the matter is that I can't argue the point without data. So until we lose the butter and see it's just conjecture. However, I won't argue what history has shown. And history shows that Curt does the lions share of the work on offense. I do have faith in many other offensive weapons however unproven they are.

After rereading your post you in fact did not admit the obvious??¦.my bad. But after reading Pudding??™s post on the South vs Johnson County thread I see, and completely understand why. Campusat I have followed your posts and can conclude nothing but the fact that you are a dedicated Rebel and a worth adversary to me from the bulk. But it has become obvious to me that you cannot see what I feel to be the obvious fact about the 07??™ Rebels until hindsight. With that said, I guess we will have to agree to disagree because it would be a tragedy to NET high school football for South to be put in the position to prove either of us right or wrong. I respect your position??¦right or wrong.

After rereading your post you in fact did not admit the obvious??¦.my bad. But after reading Pudding??™s post on the South vs Johnson County thread I see, and completely understand why. Campusat I have followed your posts and can conclude nothing but the fact that you are a dedicated Rebel and a worth adversary to me from the bulk. But it has become obvious to me that you cannot see what I feel to be the obvious fact about the 07??™ Rebels until hindsight. With that said, I guess we will have to agree to disagree because it would be a tragedy to NET high school football for South to be put in the position to prove either of us right or wrong. I respect your position??¦right or wrong.

I respect the fact that you (don't) (nor I) want to see the circumstances evolve that would effect a cause producing a circumstance for those parameters to come into play. If that is the cost then the price is not justifyable. It must come naturally. Make no mistake, I am not in denial that Curt is an individual that we do not have a replacement for and probably never will. As well, without his presence our abilities would be in question. My point is merely the fact that he does have support if and when the time comes to utilize said support. Your position is that without him we are dead in the water and yes I whole-heartedly disagree with you. No, I don't wish for it to come to that extreme and hope it does not and yes we will have to agree to disagree in order to let this subject lay. The answer to this will have to wait until '08. And so be it.

I respect the fact that you (don't) (nor I) want to see the circumstances evolve that would effect a cause producing a circumstance for those parameters to come into play. If that is the cost then the price is not justifyable. It must come naturally. Make no mistake, I am not in denial that Curt is an individual that we do not have a replacement for and probably never will. As well, without his presence our abilities would be in question. My point is merely the fact that he does have support if and when the time comes to utilize said support. Your position is that without him we are dead in the water and yes I whole-heartedly disagree with you. No, I don't wish for it to come to that extreme and hope it does not and yes we will have to agree to disagree in order to let this subject lay. The answer to this will have to wait until '08. And so be it.

As I sat quietly on a sparse crowd near the east side away from the elbow to elbow 50 yard line crowd and amid a bunch of Colonial Heights Middle schooler who's lanuage....F bombs flying everywhere.... my observation is that the running backs for South are very capable but I'm tryng to decide if this is because the D is keying on Curt and there is the surprise element when they do run...never did realllybfigure that out ....one other thing on Souths punt returns and and some kickoff returns I believe that Curt would have had a couple of TD's on special teams if he was the return man...open field and they were running toward the cover.....that being said he is to valuable to risk on special teams...maybe when a team scores a TD to go ahead and the ensuing kickoff....but I digress if he gets hurt the coach has some X-plaining to do...

Cap, sometimes you make pretty good posts. Sometimes, you can be a total moron. OBVIOUSLY, (can I stress that anymore for you?) without Curt, this team is not as good. OBVIOUSLY, we depend on him. OBVIOUSLY, he carries us from time to time. OBVIOUSLY, everyone around this area knows it. OBVIOUSLY, they are talking about it in Knoxville. Heck, people all over the country know who he is. He's the #1 QB in the state of Tennessee for crying out loud! Wake up. If your beloved Vikings had him, they'd let him carry them also. Do you not see this? You HAVE to be smarter than that. You are witnessing the best QB to play in NET in quite some time. Who knows, maybe the best of all time. Get over the flag deal and give Curt his props. Now, as for South being a "one man show", again, give me a freakin break! Does Curt play D? The D that shut down your second favorite team? I also believe we have the second best QB in the MLC. You'll see that to be true next year when he leads us to our 4th MLC championship in a row.

Cap, sometimes you make pretty good posts. Sometimes, you can be a total moron. OBVIOUSLY, (can I stress that anymore for you?) without Curt, this team is not as good. OBVIOUSLY, we depend on him. OBVIOUSLY, he carries us from time to time. OBVIOUSLY, everyone around this area knows it. OBVIOUSLY, they are talking about it in Knoxville. Heck, people all over the country know who he is. He's the #1 QB in the state of Tennessee for crying out loud! Wake up. If your beloved Vikings had him, they'd let him carry them also. Do you not see this? You HAVE to be smarter than that. You are witnessing the best QB to play in NET in quite some time. Who knows, maybe the best of all time. Get over the flag deal and give Curt his props. Now, as for South being a "one man show", again, give me a freakin break! Does Curt play D? The D that shut down your second favorite team? I also believe we have the second best QB in the MLC. You'll see that to be true next year when he leads us to our 4th MLC championship in a row.

I don't have a dog in this race, but this needs to be said: you haven't won your third MLC title yet.

Now before you read this, I want you to know that I am positive that Sullivan South would beat Hampton but I just have to ask the question to the Johnson County faithful. So South fans, don't bash me too bad. South beat the Longhorns 42-13 and Hampton beat them 43-24. So Longhorn fans, would Hampton give South a good game and keep it within at least 2 TD's???

Now before you read this, I want you to know that I am positive that Sullivan South would beat Hampton but I just have to ask the question to the Johnson County faithful. So South fans, don't bash me too bad. South beat the Longhorns 42-13 and Hampton beat them 43-24. So Longhorn fans, would Hampton give South a good game and keep it within at least 2 TD's???

Yes I believe they would stay within that spread. Hampton is well coached and would keep it on the ground and use clock. I am not saying they would win because they would need to play like they did against us and not against Unicoi or Onedia and obviously South is a very good team. Just my opinion.

Boy, the one honest opinionist and I have to make him mad. Meant nothing of the such. Actually, was trying to complement you in a covert sort of way. It would have been cool for you to have remained anonomous...along with your origins and obligations. (I know, I was the first to roll the stone away.) This way anything you would have said (like the profound statements you made last year...which by the way were brutally honest and spot-on accurate...at the time) would have come across as totally unbiased, objective, conclusions which could only come from someone with no dog in the race. And yes, nothing should have changed...so I guess it didn't. It's just that with no affiliation it made you look covert...secret agent, maybe even a scout (wishful thinking) which (in my opinion) elevated your stock. So yeah, I didn't want anyone else to know who you were...I mean like it matters. So, my pet name for you. The name alluding to someone who speaks the truth as if it were written in the wind where anyone could hear it if only they would listen. And the politically unbiased part just meaning that you owe no one anything and have no fear of recourse by speaking the truth. Your advocacy startles some because most are constantly weighing their words consious not to offend the wrong people. Smack talk is different. It's just Sophmoric boasting but hurts no one. I'm talking about the serious stuff. So now that you are semi-identified I will leave you be to produce your high powered rhetoric which I can see many dillengently search for as I did long ago.

compusatman,

Nah, you didn't make me mad 'ole buddy. We're good. Hard to make one mad whom has no dog in the race. I just try to put it out there as I sees it. I never understood all the previous stuff anyway. So remember, I'm a bit slow so you may need to type louder. I have no reason to be covert, but being sneaky and undercover does sound fun *Pudding begins humming 007 theme song*. I do try to be brutally honest, without putting things on these kids, that's what they are; still kids. Not that I have been perfect with this either though. I just come across that way and tend to type as I think. *Pudding thinking about a beer* I am one moody ###### as well, so that helps on here.LOL!

Anyway, until next time.