Hampton Vs. Creekers

longhairdontcare

Well it's okay to disagree thats what's good about living in the good old USA. I for sure don't have all the answers. I just gave my opinion. I'm sure it's not the opinion of all Bulldog fans but it's mine. But Hampton did not get a #1 pick in last weeks poll. I'm sure Tim wouldn't tell a LIE - the AP Sportswriters must be wrong. Not! Wes did cover the Friendship game excellently. Mabe I worded my last post a little strongly but. these guys who use the power of the press as their own little personal soap box burns me up. I'm new to this so I'm going to try to refrain from being drawn in by this negative stuff. We need to remember it's about the Boys and that's what's important. So I'm over and OUT of this. Sorry to Hampton Fans if I offended any of you guys. The rest. Hey....... I'ts America.

I have saw some injustice committed by the sportswritters in the past. I'm not calling any names but the person who did it knows it was wrong when he did it , he still does. But if he can live with it , I can. He even tipped his hand on here in the middle of the season. Sad

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you did receive a first place vote from me. I'm not sure why it didn't show but you did receive one. I'm a homer. I voted Hampton 1, Unaka 3 and Cloudland 5 for what it's worth. I'm "LOYAL" to all the county schools. I felt like they had earned it. It might not have reflected in the polls but you did receive a first place vote. Heck, the Press paper didn't vote or you might have been higher.

As for me being wrong again, think about the pick! It would be sorry on my part as a parent to look my kids in the eye and say, I don't believe you have a chance. We will soon but not this year. So with that said, call me wrong once again.

As for Hampton, they'll get the Star's vote as the # 1 team when the polls come out on Tuesday.

I'm a Bulldog 9 out of 10 weeks during the regular season. I hope you run the table and wind up playing in Murfreesboro.

My posting days have been long over but I just wanted to let the Hampton fans "that I know and respect" how I voted. They've got some classy young men as does Unaka. I wish both teams much success in the last half of the season.

TC

Dangit now I'm Postin again. Mr. ACDC My Source is the sportswriters AP High School Poll. It says that Hampton did not get any votes for the #1 spot. This includes the all newspapers across the State of Tennessee as you know. Do your homework. So Tim did the voting well we all know how reliable and unbiased he is. The local papers do not give Hampton the respect they deserve. They did not last year and they haven't this year. You Mr. AC/DC are concerned about only Cloudland. I'm sure that's the little upset you alude to. Tim "Starman" Chambers is concerned about Unaka. He can be a reporter and a parent but he should not report on ballgames as a parent. How many teams have parent who report their games? A Reporter reports the facts. You people use the power of the pen as your own personal agenda and you know it. Who cares about Hampton? How about letting our parents do the reporting and the editing. Well somewhere along the line the Star has aquired Mr. Rick Shek who by the way is the ONLY "Star Reporter" who got the score close Friday. He has be "covering Hampton ballgames" he knows what they can do. Probably won't take you guys long to get rid of him. TheDogFather

my opinion i really don't give a rats butt about polls or about votes because i feel its a popularity contest anyway.look at what happened last night unaka didn't look to me like a #11 squad at all.i also feel that the coverage of games and the quality of the star paper has went downhill over the past couple of years that my opinion and probably don't matter,i can speak for alot of carter county fans i miss mr.j combs the press is very lucky to have him on their staff.oh well enough said lets move on and see what we can do this friday at west greene.......good luck dogs.

my opinion i really don't give a rats butt about polls or about votes because i feel its a popularity contest anyway.look at what happened last night unaka didn't look to me like a #11 squad at all.i also feel that the coverage of games and the quality of the star paper has went downhill over the past couple of years that my opinion and probably don't matter,i can speak for alot of carter county fans i miss mr.j combs the press is very lucky to have him on their staff.oh well enough said lets move on and see what we can do this friday at west greene.......good luck dogs.

sorry i said at west greene.its at home ....go dogs.

i'm going to have to disagree with you for the most part dogfather. i dont know about who is giving us votes or not, really i could care less what the polls say about hampton. i would honestly rather be the underdog. we get plenty of respect from the star. look at the paper some time, read the stories, youll see; it seems like a pic of a hampton player is on the front page of the sports every week. it was the same with cloudland when they was the best team in the county a couple of years ago. the elizabethton star backs hampton just as much as they do every other school in carter co., heck wes was standing near me during last years friendship game with a few fans from hampton and he was just as disappointed about the game as our fans were. i will agree with you on tim's prediction in yesterdays paper (7-8 unaka)being a bit over the top, i'm sure our team can always use a little extra motivation tho. never the less, the fact that his son plays for unaka shouldnt determine his prediction. but heck we won, i really cant complain too much. hampton played pretty well last nite.

most of those articles are written by wes and rick sheek. i would absolutely love for wes to be covering hampton this year. he was great last year. rick seems to be a purty good guy though, since he was laughing about the things me and you were saying at the game. i agree with you about the polls not meaning anything at all, but their is no need for someone to lie about casting a vote for Hampton when they did not. if the AP says that Hampton did not recieve a #1 vote, then are most likely correct...

Dangit now I'm Postin again. Mr. ACDC My Source is the sportswriters AP High School Poll. It says that Hampton did not get any votes for the #1 spot. This includes the all newspapers across the State of Tennessee as you know. Do your homework. So Tim did the voting well we all know how reliable and unbiased he is. The local papers do not give Hampton the respect they deserve. They did not last year and they haven't this year. You Mr. AC/DC are concerned about only Cloudland. I'm sure that's the little upset you alude to. Tim "Starman" Chambers is concerned about Unaka. He can be a reporter and a parent but he should not report on ballgames as a parent. How many teams have parent who report their games? A Reporter reports the facts. You people use the power of the pen as your own personal agenda and you know it. Who cares about Hampton? How about letting our parents do the reporting and the editing. Well somewhere along the line the Star has aquired Mr. Rick Shek who by the way is the ONLY "Star Reporter" who got the score close Friday. He has be "covering Hampton ballgames" he knows what they can do. Probably won't take you guys long to get rid of him.

TheDogFather

Hampton is probably not the best team in the state at this time, I hope they can get there but they have received plenty of recognition for what they have accomplished so far. They have beaten two decent 3a teams which are playing up in 4a and one of them "might" make the playoffs. Things work out better when you earn the hype on the field. Sometimes to much exposure causes turmoil within the team. Maybe come December they willl be the best 1a team, but right now I feel they have a ways to go.

Hampton is probably not the best team in the state at this time, I hope they can get there but they have received plenty of recognition for what they have accomplished so far. They have beaten two decent 3a teams which are playing up in 4a and one of them "might" make the playoffs. Things work out better when you earn the hype on the field. Sometimes to much exposure causes turmoil within the team. Maybe come December they willl be the best 1a team, but right now I feel they have a ways to go.

i agree with you, ULfan. the dogs offense is not where it should be. but I honestly believe that the defense that they have is good enough to win a state championship. last year the dogs had the same problem last during the final games of the regular season without adam townsend. then they found a rythym and rolled over Oneaida, Harriman, and Coalfield by putting the ball in the air more. the past 2 years hampton has played their best ball in the playoffs. i hope it continues this season...

i agree with you, ULfan. the dogs offense is not where it should be. but I honestly believe that the defense that they have is good enough to win a state championship. last year the dogs had the same problem last during the final games of the regular season without adam townsend. then they found a rythym and rolled over Oneaida, Harriman, and Coalfield by putting the ball in the air more. the past 2 years hampton has played their best ball in the playoffs. i hope it continues this season...

i agree hampton does play their best when the season is on the line.i remember last year struggling against chucky doak and cloudland in the first half.i was worried,but they stunk it up and had great playoff run.i hope each and every game they learn and gain that momentum once again heading into the playoffs this year.

i agree hampton does play their best when the season is on the line.i remember last year struggling against chucky doak and cloudland in the first half.i was worried,but they stunk it up and had great playoff run.i hope each and every game they learn and gain that momentum once again heading into the playoffs this year.

i apologize i meant to say they stunk it up not stunk it up.

All that I am going say to everyone from the creek is that I told you so. It is every year when Hampton is getting ready to play unaka. That everyone from unaka says that Hampton has something coming and saying how they are going to whip Hampton all over the field. Well all I have to say is that same old stuff coming from the creek and always ending in the same result. With Hampton kicking the sh?t out of unaka every time. It was funny watching kickoffs and punts to see unaka players go flying to the ground and Hampton players making the plays. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So all I have to say is just go back to the creek and make some excuses on the game or what ever, because I am sure the creekers where thinking we will get you next year. Like I said before same old stuff different year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />