Hampton Vs. Creekers

longhairdontcare

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually try to keep my coments strickly on what's happening on the field but I cannot let the conduct of some of the Ranger's "fans" go without comment. There were at least 2 occasions where people representing themselves as Ranger faithful tried there best to provoke a fight with Hampton fans and Hampton students. If it was only "students" I could understand, kids will be kids. But some involved were much older, although less mature. The other case involved 2 students walking between the HHS sidelines and the stands and shouting Hampton stinks, along with other very rough language. Once again boys will be boys. But this all happened beside me while I was with a 2 year old wiht me. When I asked them to watch their mouth they only laughed. I know this happens in most schools because once again, kids will be kids. But when you go to someone elses house and start this crap, then that's a whole different story!!!

Some things never change. Unaka is still a distance from matching the talent and tradition-rich Bulldogs of Hampton.

The Bulldogs played a very good defensive game, and like the champions they are, took advantage of the numerous Unaka mistakes. Twice Hampton scored on fourth down, a testamony of pure determination. Unaka would make a great play, only to give up huge gains by Hampton a play later. On the Bulldogs second drive, Jacob Estep made the defensive play of the night; getting past two blockers to throw Michael Lunsford for a five yard loss on third and short; the next play Hampton ran off left tackle for a sizeable gain. Plain and simple, the Rangers didn't have the strength, experience or playmakers to match up.

And it must be noted: Hampton had a lot to do with Unaka's poor play. The defensive front often outmanned Unaka's offensive line, and as mentioned earlier, when the Rangers tossed the ball to the motion back, the Bulldogs had nine, and often even ten players in all-out pursuit. Part of this is numbers, too many to block; part of it, athleticism; hampton has more, bigger, faster, more-experienced players; a very impressive overall team.

Singling out players for ridicule is classless, but that comes with the territory on messages boards. On the other hand, in my short memory of the game, several Bulldogs and a few Rangers stand out. Newbern, Jaynes (even playing with a cast on his hand), Andrews, Campbell (it cannot be overstated, the benefit of having a very good kicker. This could be the difference in being eliminated in the mid-playoff rounds, or playing in Murfreesboro), Lunsford (The Team Leader), Roop, Milhorn, Andrews, and others I'm forgetting, to include the one I cannot pronounce or spell. Say his name, Pujo?

For Unaka, Dustin Taylor stood out offensively, defensively and on special teams. Jacob Estep is, a great linebacker, on a team that was, man for man, outmatched last night; The interior linemen - Shoun and Perry - played commendably, considering the opponent (again, those guys blocking them, are Very Good).

And Hampton fullback, Jarred Irick played a tremendous game. The open-field run mid-way through the fourth quarter was nice.

Unaka will improve; lots of young players, to include Dylan Yankee, who just had shoulder surgery. Hampton too, has a lot of talented youth, to go with a very good senior class.

Actually you did receive a first place vote from me. I'm not sure why it didn't show but you did receive one. I'm a homer. I voted Hampton 1, Unaka 3 and Cloudland 5 for what it's worth. I'm "LOYAL" to all the county schools. I felt like they had earned it. It might not have reflected in the polls but you did receive a first place vote. Heck, the Press paper didn't vote or you might have been higher.

As for me being wrong again, think about the pick! It would be sorry on my part as a parent to look my kids in the eye and say, I don't believe you have a chance. We will soon but not this year. So with that said, call me wrong once again.

As for Hampton, they'll get the Star's vote as the # 1 team when the polls come out on Tuesday.

I'm a Bulldog 9 out of 10 weeks during the regular season. I hope you run the table and wind up playing in Murfreesboro.

My posting days have been long over but I just wanted to let the Hampton fans "that I know and respect" how I voted. They've got some classy young men as does Unaka. I wish both teams much success in the last half of the season.

TC

Tim you are a class act. Thanks for the vote.I'm sorry about what I said @ hafttime DH

You are right krich, some things never change. Every year Unaka thinks they can play with Hampton and every year they get absolutely demolished. Maybe the Stoner Creekers will learn. As for Estep, he was manhandled and embarrassed all night long. I guess if for some reason he made the defensive play of the night then they offensive play of the night would have to be a tie between Dustin Jaynes and Steven Roop. I saw Roop absolutely annihalate Estep on one block. Then I saw Estep lying flat on his back in the end zone after Dustin Jaynes ran a TD straight down his throat. My defensive play of the night would have to be when Dustin Milhorn absolutely destroyed some poor creeker on a punt. That was by far the best defensive play of the night. It was hilarious on Hampton kickoffs to see Creekers go flying when they were trying to block the Dawgs. Krich, stop trying to make Estep out to be an all-star or something. Just admit that he was dominated all night long. He is a decent player on a sorry team. His team makes him look so good becuase they are so bad...

According to WJHL and coacht.com, Pittman beat HV 28-14.

Dangit I'm posting again...

HV did lose. I stand corrected. TSSAA had it wrong on their website last night. They had the score reversed as soon as the game was over with HV winning, fooling all of us including myself. G-P's coach called Earl last night and the score was corrected around 1:30 a.m. I spoke with Tester today and he said HV still played a heck of a game, but they did lose. I hated to hear that, but realistically, I didn't think HV could beat GP so I should've known better.

Dogfather, did you read Tim's post? I'm not being a horse's rear but you said the Johnson City Press didn't show Hampton getting a first place vote. First off, the Johnson City Press did NOT vote in last week's AP poll - I've got an e-mail from AP Desk Chair Teresa Walker in Nashville praising the few of us that did and ripping ones that didn't (including the Press) that was sent on Tuesday this past week. If the Press printed that Hampton received one first place vote, then people are going to question who didn't give them a vote, the Star or the Press. Your question has been answered. When people question my job or the job we do, I have to respond. I'd be crazy not too. Congrats Bulldogs and as Tim said, they will get a first again from us this week. We've always tried, whether it's been me or Tim voting, to take care of the local schools. I voted on the poll 2002-2003, Tim voted on it 2004-05, I voted on it last season and Tim's doing it this year. Since we've been voting on the poll, you've had a Carter County 1-A team ranked No. 1 in the state for the first time (Cloudland '03), seen Unaka make the poll twice (when has that happened before?), Hampton consistantly been among the top (we do what we can), and when HV and EHS has been good, they've been mentioned. We also try to credit other teams around here that don't have the ability of being mentioned like Johnson County (when they've been good), as well as giving South, TN High, Boone, Morristown teams some props as well. We're proud of our local football, but we're proud of our region as well.

I think you all will like the paper tomorrow. I've got some good pictures of the game.

Some things never change. Unaka is still a distance from matching the talent and tradition-rich Bulldogs of Hampton.

The Bulldogs played a very good defensive game, and like the champions they are, took advantage of the numerous Unaka mistakes. Twice Hampton scored on fourth down, a testamony of pure determination. Unaka would make a great play, only to give up huge gains by Hampton a play later. On the Bulldogs second drive, Jacob Estep made the defensive play of the night; getting past two blockers to throw Michael Lunsford for a five yard loss on third and short; the next play Hampton ran off left tackle for a sezeable gain. Plain and simple, the Rangers didn't have the strength, experience or playmakers to match up.

And it must be noted: Hampton had a lot to do with Unaka's poor play. The defensive front often outmanned Unaka's offensive line, and as mentioned earlier, when the Rangers tossed the ball to the motion back, the Bulldogs had nine, and often even ten players in all-out pursuit. Part of this is numbers, too many to block; part of it, athleticism; hampton has more, bigger, faster, more-experienced players; a very impressive overall team.

Singling out players for ridicule is classless, but that comes with the territory on messages boards. On the other hand, in my short memory of the game, several Bulldogs and a few Rangers stand out. Newbern, Jaynes (even playing with a cast on his hand), Andrews, Campbell (it cannot be overstated, the benefit of having a very good kicker. This could be the difference in being eliminated in the mid-playoff rounds, or playing in Murfreesboro), Lunsford (The Team Leader), Roop, Milhorn, Andrews, and others I'm forgetting, to include the one I cannot pronounce or spell. Say his name, Pujo?

For Unaka, Dustin Taylor stood out offensively, defensively and on special teams. Jacob Estep is, a great linebacker, on a team that was, man for man, outmatched last night; The interior linemen - Shoun and Perry - played commendably, considering the opponent (again, those guys blocking them, are Very Good).

And Hampton fullback, Jarred Irick played a tremendous game. The open-field run mid-way through the fourth quarter was nice.

Unaka will improve; lots of young players, to include Dylan Yankee, who just had shoulder surgery. Hampton too, has a lot of talented youth, to go with a very good senior class.

It's nice to read a post from an opposing fan and see some class. Truth to tell, there was a sizable difference betweeen Unaka and Hampton in talent and ability to be seen on the field friday night. To be fair, Unaka wold show some flashes, but by far Hampton just dominated the game. Likely, Unaka will improve as the season goes on, but that didn't help any with this game. I guess the fact that the two communities just don't like each other AT ALL throws a lot of fuel on some people's fire, there has been a lot of classless and, frankly clueless, posts for this game for the past week, and I for one am glad the game is over. Every year I read Unaka posts that they'll show us what a real team is, that THIS year they'll be Hampton's toughest game, etc. Why can't we just post like civilised people about our hopes for the game and season, and leave the hateful BS out of it? Anyway, the Dogs played a heck of a game, they looked much more focused than last week in Erwin, and that was great to see. If they can keep that focus, they'll go very far in the playoffs. Let's just take it one game at a time, and keep the attitude that there's no more important game than the next one, and keep it going.

HV did lose. I stand corrected. TSSAA had it wrong on their website last night. They had the score reversed as soon as the game was over with HV winning, fooling all of us including myself. G-P's coach called Earl last night and the score was corrected around 1:30 a.m. I spoke with Tester today and he said HV still played a heck of a game, but they did lose. I hated to hear that, but realistically, I didn't think HV could beat GP so I should've known better.

Dogfather, did you read Tim's post? I'm not being a horse's rear but you said the Johnson City Press didn't show Hampton getting a first place vote. First off, the Johnson City Press did NOT vote in last week's AP poll - I've got an e-mail from AP Desk Chair Teresa Walker in Nashville praising the few of us that did and ripping ones that didn't (including the Press) that was sent on Tuesday this past week. If the Press printed that Hampton received one first place vote, then people are going to question who didn't give them a vote, the Star or the Press. Your question has been answered. When people question my job or the job we do, I have to respond. I'd be crazy not too. Congrats Bulldogs and as Tim said, they will get a first again from us this week. We've always tried, whether it's been me or Tim voting, to take care of the local schools. I voted on the poll 2002-2003, Tim voted on it 2004-05, I voted on it last season and Tim's doing it this year. Since we've been voting on the poll, you've had a Carter County 1-A team ranked No. 1 in the state for the first time (Cloudland '03), seen Unaka make the poll twice (when has that happened before?), Hampton consistantly been among the top (we do what we can), and when HV and EHS has been good, they've been mentioned. We also try to credit other teams around here that don't have the ability of being mentioned like Johnson County (when they've been good), as well as giving South, TN High, Boone, Morristown teams some props as well. We're proud of our local football, but we're proud of our region as well.

I think you all will like the paper tomorrow. I've got some good pictures of the game.

Dangit now I'm Postin again. Mr. ACDC My Source is the sportswriters AP High School Poll. It says that Hampton did not get any votes for the #1 spot. This includes the all newspapers across the State of Tennessee as you know. Do your homework. So Tim did the voting well we all know how reliable and unbiased he is. The local papers do not give Hampton the respect they deserve. They did not last year and they haven't this year. You Mr. AC/DC are concerned about only Cloudland. I'm sure that's the little upset you alude to. Tim "Starman" Chambers is concerned about Unaka. He can be a reporter and a parent but he should not report on ballgames as a parent. How many teams have parent who report their games? A Reporter reports the facts. You people use the power of the pen as your own personal agenda and you know it. Who cares about Hampton? How about letting our parents do the reporting and the editing. Well somewhere along the line the Star has aquired Mr. Rick Shek who by the way is the ONLY "Star Reporter" who got the score close Friday. He has be "covering Hampton ballgames" he knows what they can do. Probably won't take you guys long to get rid of him.

TheDogFather

i'm going to have to disagree with you for the most part dogfather. i dont know about who is giving us votes or not, really i could care less what the polls say about hampton. i would honestly rather be the underdog. we get plenty of respect from the star. look at the paper some time, read the stories, youll see; it seems like a pic of a hampton player is on the front page of the sports every week. it was the same with cloudland when they was the best team in the county a couple of years ago. the elizabethton star backs hampton just as much as they do every other school in carter co., heck wes was standing near me during last years friendship game with a few fans from hampton and he was just as disappointed about the game as our fans were. i will agree with you on tim's prediction in yesterdays paper (7-8 unaka)being a bit over the top, i'm sure our team can always use a little extra motivation tho. never the less, the fact that his son plays for unaka shouldnt determine his prediction. but heck we won, i really cant complain too much. hampton played pretty well last nite.

I'd just as soon ,fly under the radar, sometimes to much attention can give you the big head. The newspapers can't do anything to make Hampton any better,. just like those NET rankings, every time they rank one of those teams 1st ,its been the kiss of death. Hampton just needs to work hard every week to be a better team.

i'm going to have to disagree with you for the most part dogfather. i dont know about who is giving us votes or not, really i could care less what the polls say about hampton. i would honestly rather be the underdog. we get plenty of respect from the star. look at the paper some time, read the stories, youll see; it seems like a pic of a hampton player is on the front page of the sports every week. it was the same with cloudland when they was the best team in the county a couple of years ago. the elizabethton star backs hampton just as much as they do every other school in carter co., heck wes was standing near me during last years friendship game with a few fans from hampton and he was just as disappointed about the game as our fans were. i will agree with you on tim's prediction in yesterdays paper (7-8 unaka)being a bit over the top, i'm sure our team can always use a little extra motivation tho. never the less, the fact that his son plays for unaka shouldnt determine his prediction. but heck we won, i really cant complain too much. hampton played pretty well last nite.

Well it's okay to disagree thats what's good about living in the good old USA. I for sure don't have all the answers. I just gave my opinion. I'm sure it's not the opinion of all Bulldog fans but it's mine. But Hampton did not get a #1 pick in last weeks poll. I'm sure Tim wouldn't tell a LIE - the AP Sportswriters must be wrong. Not! Wes did cover the Friendship game excellently. Mabe I worded my last post a little strongly but. these guys who use the power of the press as their own little personal soap box burns me up. I'm new to this so I'm going to try to refrain from being drawn in by this negative stuff. We need to remember it's about the Boys and that's what's important. So I'm over and OUT of this. Sorry to Hampton Fans if I offended any of you guys. The rest. Hey....... I'ts America.