Hampton Vs. Creekers

longhairdontcare

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I've read over 100 posts in past week. In almost every post, people from Cloudland and Hampton, express how they feel about Unaka and the Stoney Creek Community. Lets get one thing straight, you don't see the Stoney Creek Community in the news for busted Meth Labs and having "respectable" and I use that term loosly, people losing their state licensure, for unethical conduct with a minor... Appearently, YOU people in the Hampton and Cloudland community that are on here bashing the Creek are just JEALOUS!!!!!!! Maybe not about the football program and community as it stands right now, but the way it can and will be in the future. As for the atheletic programs(Every Sport) in the 3 three schools mentioned, neither Hampton or Cloudland have enjoyed the success Unaka has over the last 7 or 8 years. Say what you want to make yourself feel good, because you are going to anyway, just remember the last STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in the last 40 years, belongs to STONEY CREEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I'm getting suckered into this argument...but here goes anyway:

Whirlwind, if you are discussing the COMMUNITIES involved, not just the high school, then you are incorrect about the state championships. Not only did Cloudland's Middle School football team win the sectional State Championship last year, the Cloudland 8th Grade Girls Basketball team also won a State Championship.

So, has any other community school won TWO state championships in a single season?

My point is not how great Cloudland is or how pathetic the other area teams are. My point is that it doesn't matter how good you think your team might be, there is always someone better out there. You just haven't played them yet.

Lighten up people. While I think it is tremendous to support your team (read MY login name), it is totally unecessary to attempt to belittle the opposing team. This board seems to descend into name calling and thinly veiled threats far too often. I've been away from CoachT for a few months, and now I'm starting to remember why. Grow up and find a constructive way to support your team. Set a better example for the young people that might be reading this.

Dang, I'm off my soapbox now. I just hope the games are played injury free.

The Highlander

Hahahaha Tim Chambers makes me laugh. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I guess it is just wishful thinking, but this happening is quiet unlikely. Tim needs to get a few things right in the paper. Who ever wins tonight is not playing for a share for first place. I don't know how he got this in his head but I am sure Hampton will whip them tonight and win out the rest of the season and be conference champs. No tie for Unaka, they want even finish second, they will end up third to Cloudland. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations Dawgs. Time for the Creekers to shut up. Just like last year. They need to get some respect from the Elizabethton Star. People in Hampton buy the Star also. But the never get the respect they deserve. Maybe The Bulldog Nation should start canceling subscriptions. The DogFather says BULLDOGS ARE STATE BOUND!

This game was excellent. The Dawgs handed out a beatdown to the mighty Creekers who were supposed to have a good team or somethin. At least thats what I heard on here. They also were supposed to have a good MLB by the name of Estep and he got handled all night long. I saw Roop absolutely demolish him on one play. I also saw him laying on his back in the end zone when Jaynes ran a TD STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE, RIGHT AT HIM. I can honestly only remember him making 4 tackles. He probably had 8 or 9, but any more than that is ridiculous. Unaka's defense was supposed to be stout. Well, Hampton just hung 40 up on the scoreboard on them. They threw all over them, ran all over them, it was just a total massacre. Unaka now knows what a REAL state championship caliber defense looks like. I don't know what Ensor was thinking trying to sweep it every play out of that middle school formation. Hampton's defense is too fast to try to do that. Hamptons DE's, LB's, and DB's are faster than ANY of Unaka's running backs. Estep was nothing, the Taylor kid at QB is horrible, Jeff Peters can't run out of the back field, and whoever punts (I think it was Taylor also) needs to be replaced badly. Another thing, I remember saying on Monday that Tim Chambers would pick the game to be close and then be proven wrong. Well, he did one even better. Not only did he pick the creekers to play close, he actually picked the Stoner Creekers to win! HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was just a plain slap in the face and a showing of disrespect to the Dawgs. He was made to look like an idiot once again. When someone gets the stats from the game please post them on here...

Congratulations Dawgs. Time for the Creekers to shut up. Just like last year. They need to get some respect from the Elizabethton Star. People in Hampton buy the Star also. But the never get the respect they deserve. Maybe The Bulldog Nation should start canceling subscriptions. The DogFather says BULLDOGS ARE STATE BOUND!

Dogfather, you can't be serious. Last Sunday, a big picture of the Bulldogs on the front and story as the feature. Today, big picture of Milhorn running wild from last year. Probably a big front page story on Sunday's Star. Five of the six pickers picked the 'Dogs and you say Hampton doesn't get any respect from the Star? They've been on the front of the Star three times as much as they have in the Press. We're also the only paper in the area giving Hampton a FIRST PLACE vote in the AP poll each week. No respect?

Some random thoughts, since I haven't posted in a long time.... (probably my last one till playoffs)

Pujo - did Little J like his pic in the paper the other day? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Tell the boys I'm going to be covering them when they play Elizabethton next week and take on the Lil' Boss Grindstaff and that squad.

By the way Hampton fans, the Tennessee High-Unicoi score is misleading. It was a 10-6 ballgame into the fourth quarter - then the Devils wore down. Hampton may not have played its best last week, but they also played a darn good ballteam. I think Unicoi showed that tonight. I may not be covering the Dogs this year, but I still keep a close watch on things down there and things are looking good. Heck, I'm covering EHS this year and I've still got that pic below... lol.

And, given the way Happy Valley beat Gatlinburg-Pittman tonight, I think we have some good football in this county. Big win by the Warriors. That was the upset of the night in my opinion, other than Scott Rider's Volunteer team beating Boone, who waxed Greeneville, who waxed Sullivan South. I think the 'Dogs would be playing for first in either of the 4-A leagues this year. I felt the same way last year.

Mark my words, there will be another big upset by one of the five county schools next week too, I'm calling it now... we'll leave the guessing for another thread.