Knox Catholic 4-0 is this for real without the STAR

Butch & Sundance

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-0 without Harrison Smith, about to be 5-0. Is this a weak Region

Yes... Region 2-3A this is definably a weak region. Won of the weakest in the state. It's a shame Catholic is stuck in this region playing mediocre teams with JV talent (not to mention scheduling non-district games against slackers like Morristown West and that other Sissy non-religious school they call Webb). Since they joined Class AAA three years ago, their regular season has been very impressive considering the teams they have played. Unfortunately, they had to play a sac-religious schedule filled with protestant praying-low-income-inner-city-blue-collar-no-valet-parking- -rural-yellow bus-riding-suburban public school football teams. Maybe if they were in one of the stronger/more worthy regions, they could play teams of their own caliber... then they might find themselves more prepared & wouldn't keep falling short in the playoffs. Then again, the phrase "Luck of the Irish" might not include the post season.

One last request from the unworthy... Ask that bagpipe lady if she knows a good rendition of Amazing Grace. That's got a whole lot more crowd appeal than that Irish folklore stuff you guys listen to in order to get pumped-up.

Thanks, (I mean ... Amen)

Yes... Region 2-3A this is definably a weak region. Won of the weakest in the state. It's a shame Catholic is stuck in this region playing mediocre teams with JV talent (not to mention scheduling non-district games against slackers like Morristown West and that other Sissy non-religious school they call Webb). Since they joined Class AAA three years ago, their regular season has been very impressive considering the teams they have played. Unfortunately, they had to play a sac-religious schedule filled with protestant praying-low-income-inner-city-blue-collar-no-valet-parking- -rural-yellow bus-riding-suburban public school football teams. Maybe if they were in one of the stronger/more worthy regions, they could play teams of their own caliber... then they might find themselves more prepared & wouldn't keep falling short in the playoffs. Then again, the phrase "Luck of the Irish" might not include the post season.

One last request from the unworthy... Ask that bagpipe lady if she knows a good rendition of Amazing Grace. That's got a whole lot more crowd appeal than that Irish folklore stuff you guys listen to in order to get pumped-up.

THAT WAS AWESOME PHOTOMAN.. Amazing Grace is much better too!

Photoman.

Post of the year. Hands down. Butch&Sundance might find the fish don't bite in the shallows. Hope Blair gets it going @ Stoner's place:)

ruse?

Although I have to admit that this could be Catholic's year to maybe win it in 3A (David Lipscomb may have a say in that) I still hold a deep passion for absolutely NOT LIKING THE IRISH! Catholic is the biggest bunch of stuck-up people I"ve ever encountered. I have to admit that beating those pretty boys in the 3rd round last year and making the bagpipe lady eat it will go down as one of my most satisfying moments in all my life. Walking off Bob Black Field after last year's loss and having to hear those stupid bagpipes motivated us throughout the remainder of the season, so for that, I will thank her. Catholic may very well do it this year, but only because the Fulton Class of '07 isn't around anymore to have a say-so in the matter. I mean, I guess we didn't do half-bad considering, as Doc Rudder put it on WMAK one time, "Fulton's kids just barely had the clothes on their back". Yeah, and 3 rings on our fingers to go with it!

Oh, and I noticed in the mall the other day that all Irish merchandise is now 1/2 off. Good for Catholic, not so good for Notre Dame.

Although I have to admit that this could be Catholic's year to maybe win it in 3A (David Lipscomb may have a say in that) I still hold a deep passion for absolutely NOT LIKING THE IRISH! Catholic is the biggest bunch of stuck-up people I"ve ever encountered. I have to admit that beating those pretty boys in the 3rd round last year and making the bagpipe lady eat it will go down as one of my most satisfying moments in all my life. Walking off Bob Black Field after last year's loss and having to hear those stupid bagpipes motivated us throughout the remainder of the season, so for that, I will thank her. Catholic may very well do it this year, but only because the Fulton Class of '07 isn't around anymore to have a say-so in the matter. I mean, I guess we didn't do half-bad considering, as Doc Rudder put it on WMAK one time, "Fulton's kids just barely had the clothes on their back". Yeah, and 3 rings on our fingers to go with it!Oh, and I noticed in the mall the other day that all Irish merchandise is now 1/2 off. Good for Catholic, not so good for Notre Dame.

After the many things that have happened at FHS I would not make the statement stuck up. Catholic is one of the most friendly places you will ever play. I would think that many would feel safer at Catholic than FHS. If you know what I mean.And......I am not a Irish fan at all.

After the many things that have happened at FHS I would not make the statement stuck up. Catholic is one of the most friendly places you will ever play. I would think that many would feel safer at Catholic than FHS. If you know what I mean.And......I am not a Irish fan at all.

I grew up around Fulton and played there .. its not a bad place .. I dont think there have been any issues there with opposing fans .. I think the Fulton people are very friendly .. I have been to 3 games at Catholic when thye played Fulton .. 2 of them won by Fulton ... I agree that while I didnt see anybody giving Fulton fans a hard time ..I also noticed a little uppity attitude from fans ... I wil lsay this after last years heartbreak loss to Falcons in playoffs that I thought Catholic players were very respectful and showed alot of class towards the end of the game. I think there is a respect there ,I havent heard of any issues when AE and Catholic have played either ... Region 2 3A .. while maybe being a bit down is still the Region to beat ... you have some teams improving (Kingston, Scott , Catholic , AE ,AC ) some are not as good as last year( Fulton ) and a couple that are having tough years ( Stone and LA). So its still a very good region with more teams in the hunt I think with Catholic being the class of the region and the Favorite to play in Blue Cross Bowl against David Lipscomb.

Although I have to admit that this could be Catholic's year to maybe win it in 3A (David Lipscomb may have a say in that) I still hold a deep passion for absolutely NOT LIKING THE IRISH! Catholic is the biggest bunch of stuck-up people I"ve ever encountered. I have to admit that beating those pretty boys in the 3rd round last year and making the bagpipe lady eat it will go down as one of my most satisfying moments in all my life. Walking off Bob Black Field after last year's loss and having to hear those stupid bagpipes motivated us throughout the remainder of the season, so for that, I will thank her. Catholic may very well do it this year, but only because the Fulton Class of '07 isn't around anymore to have a say-so in the matter. I mean, I guess we didn't do half-bad considering, as Doc Rudder put it on WMAK one time, "Fulton's kids just barely had the clothes on their back". Yeah, and 3 rings on our fingers to go with it!

Oh, and I noticed in the mall the other day that all Irish merchandise is now 1/2 off. Good for Catholic, not so good for Notre Dame.

Road2Three.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You know I' not a a Catholic fan, but those fans are not stuck up compared to many other fan bases. When I have watched the Fulton/Catholic games over the last few yrs., there seems to be a lot of respect amongst the players. They are clean, and probably the hardest hitting games around. I see mutual respect, and good sportsmanship after thse games. Yes the bagpipe lady is a bit much. As far as Catholic winning it all this year, I don't know. The Tait kid was awfully important. IMO, best OL in this part of the state this year, and it ain't even close. Who cares what Rudder says? Who cares?

ruse?

I agree. Catholic has a great atmosphere for high school athletics with passionate fans and a warm welcome to their visitors. (I reserve the right to exclude the bagpipe lady.... that's personal) They show great sportsmanship in their landslide victories and are just as polite when they have a close game. Although not often, their fans also handle defeat better than most teams. Of coarse there is always the bad apple that can give a school a reputation, but the worst I've heard was a nun say "Oh Fiddlesticks!" and do a Hail Mary before walking away. I think they are living proof that you can buy happiness with money. Oh how nice it would be to have your school zone cover all of Knox Co. and other surrounding counties. Catholic Fans & donors, be glad you football success is not determined by the athletes living in the Cedar Bluff school zone.

Everyone is suppose to be happy... you've paid to be part of the best. You're probably the same people that insist on having the gold card membership upgrade when you go to Dolllywood. Why... because it's the best! Why Catholic wants to play down a level and dip into the public school sector is where I get confused. I don't know if it is an issue of wanting to prove your worthy against inferior competition or if this is how you can justify getting a championship in football.

I would love to see the talent on the field if Fulton could offer open tryouts for a new team to make a run into the playoff. No recruiting involved just educational opportunity with a balance of athletic extracurricular activities.... Just invite the neighboring school zones to participate in this new vision of athletic competition. Can you imagine a team comprised of the best talent from Fulton, AE, Carter, Central, West, & Bearden. I would imagine this allstar team of middle class suburban talent could compete with anyone in the state including the friendly smiling people of Catholic.

Just as the TSSAA would never allow this to happen in public schools, nor should private schools be allowed to compete in the public sector. If Catholic doesn't win state this year... then maybe Chicken Little's right and the sky is falling. Congratulation Catholic! All of your hard work has finally Paid off.