Knox Catholic 4-0 is this for real without the STAR

Butch & Sundance

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the many things that have happened at FHS I would not make the statement stuck up. Catholic is one of the most friendly places you will ever play. I would think that many would feel safer at Catholic than FHS. If you know what I mean.And......I am not a Irish fan at all.

I need to upload you the pic of my scar from harrison smith stomping my leg after I keep him from catching his screen pass.

I agree. Catholic has a great atmosphere for high school athletics with passionate fans and a warm welcome to their visitors. (I reserve the right to exclude the bagpipe lady.... that's personal) They show great sportsmanship in their landslide victories and are just as polite when they have a close game. Although not often, their fans also handle defeat better than most teams. Of coarse there is always the bad apple that can give a school a reputation, but the worst I've heard was a nun say "Oh Fiddlesticks!" and do a Hail Mary before walking away. I think they are living proof that you can buy happiness with money. Oh how nice it would be to have your school zone cover all of Knox Co. and other surrounding counties. Catholic Fans & donors, be glad you football success is not determined by the athletes living in the Cedar Bluff school zone.

Everyone is suppose to be happy... you've paid to be part of the best. You're probably the same people that insist on having the gold card membership upgrade when you go to Dolllywood. Why... because it's the best! Why Catholic wants to play down a level and dip into the public school sector is where I get confused. I don't know if it is an issue of wanting to prove your worthy against inferior competition or if this is how you can justify getting a championship in football.

I would love to see the talent on the field if Fulton could offer open tryouts for a new team to make a run into the playoff. No recruiting involved just educational opportunity with a balance of athletic extracurricular activities.... Just invite the neighboring school zones to participate in this new vision of athletic competition. Can you imagine a team comprised of the best talent from Fulton, AE, Carter, Central, West, & Bearden. I would imagine this allstar team of middle class suburban talent could compete with anyone in the state including the friendly smiling people of Catholic.

Just as the TSSAA would never allow this to happen in public schools, nor should private schools be allowed to compete in the public sector. If Catholic doesn't win state this year... then maybe Chicken Little's right and the sky is falling. Congratulation Catholic! All of your hard work has finally Paid off.

If I remeber correctly, Catholic's last year in Division II they were state runner-up to Battle Ground Academy and their half dozen of SEC players. They had the ball and inside the 5 and could'nt punch it in, tough lost, but they were there and they didn't have any DI players on that team. Catholic has competed against the private schools and done very well. I also remeber when Catholic first joined 3A, all the talk was "Welcome to Real" football and three years later the talk is they are beating up on the public schools. Get one thing straight, When you win players will want to come and play for you. Second all this "best players that money can buy" is garbage. A vast majority of the athletes come from their feeder schools. They have an unbelievable youth football program that starts at age 7 and my son has played on for the last two years (they've lost 2 games in two years). They teach those kids how to play physical, disciplined football. They have a conditioning program that they participate in all summer long that's the youth program and the High School teams as well. If you get kids involved from such a young age, they will grow up WANTING to play for you. So what you are saying is if a team like Catholic, CAK, or whoever is winning it's because they cheat. Having coached in Knoxville, I can point out at least a dozen schools in any sport that have players not in their zone. So don't say it's the private schools. In order to play in Division I Catholic, CAK, or any private school can not give scholarships.

If I remeber correctly, Catholic's last year in Division II they were state runner-up to Battle Ground Academy and their half dozen of SEC players. They had the ball and inside the 5 and could'nt punch it in, tough lost, but they were there and they didn't have any DI players on that team. Catholic has competed against the private schools and done very well. I also remeber when Catholic first joined 3A, all the talk was "Welcome to Real" football and three years later the talk is they are beating up on the public schools. Get one thing straight, When you win players will want to come and play for you. Second all this "best players that money can buy" is garbage. A vast majority of the athletes come from their feeder schools. They have an unbelievable youth football program that starts at age 7 and my son has played on for the last two years (they've lost 2 games in two years). They teach those kids how to play physical, disciplined football. They have a conditioning program that they participate in all summer long that's the youth program and the High School teams as well. If you get kids involved from such a young age, they will grow up WANTING to play for you. So what you are saying is if a team like Catholic, CAK, or whoever is winning it's because they cheat. Having coached in Knoxville, I can point out at least a dozen schools in any sport that have players not in their zone. So don't say it's the private schools. In order to play in Division I Catholic, CAK, or any private school can not give scholarships.

Well then that takes care of it, we now know that Catholic doesnt give financial aid anymore. PLEASE, look at Livingston Academy, how many games have they won since they took the title? Not many, now I do believe that LA no longer gives financial aid, but Catholic? I will have to say I'm still a little curious as to how they keep the cubbord stocked, must have a great off-season workout plan! Just an outsiders opinion, take it as you will./ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I said nothing about Scholarships or Catholic Cheating. I said it must be nice having a talent pool that stretches the length of Knox County. Congratulations! With a school zone that large, you should be winning.

You're not cheating, you're just taking advantage of a good situation.

That talk of "welcome to real football" is about as weak as the moron who started this thread saying this region is weak.

I said nothing about Scholarships or Catholic Cheating. I said it must be nice having a talent pool that stretches the length of Knox County. Congratulations! With a school zone that large, you should be winning.

You're not cheating, you're just taking advantage of a good situation.

That talk of "welcome to real football" is about as weak as the moron who started this thread saying this region is weak.

DITTO!

Well then that takes care of it, we now know that Catholic doesnt give financial aid anymore. PLEASE, look at Livingston Academy, how many games have they won since they took the title? Not many, now I do believe that LA no longer gives financial aid, but Catholic? I will have to say I'm still a little curious as to how they keep the cubbord stocked, must have a great off-season workout plan! Just an outsiders opinion, take it as you will./ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Livingston Academy is a public school. They don't need financial aid, nor scholarships.

Well then that takes care of it, we now know that Catholic doesnt give financial aid anymore. PLEASE, look at Livingston Academy, how many games have they won since they took the title? Not many, now I do believe that LA no longer gives financial aid, but Catholic? I will have to say I'm still a little curious as to how they keep the cubbord stocked, must have a great off-season workout plan! Just an outsiders opinion, take it as you will.

I've been around Catholic athletics for 8 years now and they've never given a kid money to play sports. Now Catholic Charities can give aid to Catholic kids who want to attend the school and cannot afford to pay the tuition. It was also brought to my attention that those kids are not allowed to play varsity sports. If people have been to Catholic games then they know what type of kids attend the school and the income of some of those parents. People think that Harrison Smith was "recruited" to Catholic, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that his older brother Garrett played basketball their, his whole family is Catholic and he attended Sacred Heart School (a Catholic school). Or that 90% of the school is Catholic. If a kid can afford to go there why not. The booster and the parents built a beautiful school with nice facilities and they plan on expanding. By the way they do have a great off season work out program and this is a very tough region, teams from this region have won 5 of the last 6 titles and it should have been 6.

I've been around Catholic athletics for 8 years now and they've never given a kid money to play sports. Now Catholic Charities can give aid to Catholic kids who want to attend the school and cannot afford to pay the tuition. It was also brought to my attention that those kids are not allowed to play varsity sports. If people have been to Catholic games then they know what type of kids attend the school and the income of some of those parents. People think that Harrison Smith was "recruited" to Catholic, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that his older brother Garrett played basketball their, his whole family is Catholic and he attended Sacred Heart School (a Catholic school). Or that 90% of the school is Catholic. If a kid can afford to go there why not. The booster and the parents built a beautiful school with nice facilities and they plan on expanding. By the way they do have a great off season work out program and this is a very tough region, teams from this region have won 5 of the last 6 titles and it should have been 6.

I know how tough the region is I'm from east TN and I'm not downgrading the region. All I'm saying is that you or any one else can't tell me that every kid on that football team has the money to be able to pay tuition to that school, and as far as the off-season program goes, I'd be willing to bet that most of the kids on the team workout with a personal trainer and not their teammates. Again just my opinion. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I know how tough the region is I'm from east TN and I'm not downgrading the region. All I'm saying is that you or any one else can't tell me that every kid on that football team has the money to be able to pay tuition to that school, and as far as the off-season program goes, I'd be willing to bet that most of the kids on the team workout with a personal trainer and not their teammates. Again just my opinion. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

If there tuition is paid for, they cannot play varsity. And for the off-season, some of the kids do have personal trainers, but they have to work out with the team or if they do not make the required work outs with the team, I believe they do not get there name on the back of there jersey.

I know how tough the region is I'm from east TN and I'm not downgrading the region. All I'm saying is that you or any one else can't tell me that every kid on that football team has the money to be able to pay tuition to that school, and as far as the off-season program goes, I'd be willing to bet that most of the kids on the team workout with a personal trainer and not their teammates. Again just my opinion.

Catholic is not Webb, CAK, McCallie, Baylor, or any Middle Tennessee private school. Their tuition is one of the lowest in the state, less than 7,000. Most of the kids on that football team had grandparents, parents, brothers and or sisters that went to Catholic. I'm sure that kids who play for Farragut, Bearden, Powell, Central, West, Webb etc (in any sport) work with personal trainers also. Go to Fort Sanders out west and you'll see them working out. Parents are hiring these trainers (right or wrong) b/c they want their kid to make it to the big time.