Knox Catholic 4-0 is this for real without the STAR

Butch & Sundance

The "stud" athletes are the kids who parents can afford to send them to KCHS and they come from their feeder schools and their youth football program.

ScottA... take a look at your starting QB for the next two years. He came from Central. Since when did Central become a "feeder" program for Catholic. Oh wait, your starting TB is from Anderson County. Are they a "feeder" school too? What about the kid that will most likely be one of your starting RBs begining next season as a sophmore, where's he from? Hmmm... Central and a couple more came with him. Big stud lineman that happened to just "fall out the sky" and land at Catholic last year came from Kingsport! Save it...

Catholic does exactly as mofo11 said and should still be in DII along with the rest of the schools that give financial aid.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScottA... take a look at your starting QB for the next two years. He came from Central. Since when did Central become a "feeder" program for Catholic. Oh wait, your starting TB is from Anderson County. Are they a "feeder" school too? What about the kid that will most likely be one of your starting RBs begining next season as a sophmore, where's he from? Hmmm... Central and a couple more came with him. Big stud lineman that happened to just "fall out the sky" and land at Catholic last year came from Kingsport! Save it...

Catholic does exactly as mofo11 said and should still be in DII along with the rest of the schools that give financial aid.

Did Central have exclusive rights to the QB? Just wondering.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Do you know how the future QB came to Catholic? To give you a little background, his brother played AAU basketball with several of the Catholic kids his junior and senior year. All we heard was how bad the coaches, facilities and academics were at Central. When he reached a point of deciding on a school they decided they would explore the possibilities at Catholic. Would you want your son to jump on a sinking ship or hop on the ship heading the right direction. The big stud lineman that you refer to moved here to be with family that happens to work for Catholic (and by the way, he hadn't played football until last year-he was a wrestler). Austin Vann left AC for many of the same reasons the future QB chose to avoid Central. It only makes sense that his younger brother would attend Catholic given the success they have had.

You all have pointed out random players that been at Catholic since they moved to Cedar Bluff. If you would look over the same time frame, check the kids that have gone to Maryville (Douglas ,Burnette,Clendenan et. al), Alcoa (Sommers), Central (Lee Smith, Baron Huber et.al), Powell (Lee Smith again), Oak Ridge (Lee Smith again -just kidding etc. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ). As Ruse pointed out the same thing happens every year at Carter, Fulton and AE. Those guys change addresses like I change underwear. Check the numbers like I said earlier, 75% of these kids went to middle school at the Catholic feeder schools.

To clarify another fact, in order to get the church to pay for part of your tuition, you must have regularly attended there as a member (Not show up once and have someone cut you a $7,000 check). The church participation is less than 25% of the tuition. Also do you think these parents would be dishing out this kind of money when it may means little Johnny sits and the "stud" plays?

Oh I have no idea who this kid is or if he`ll ever play QB. The earlier poster came across like the kid was supposed to go to Central.

I actually picked up on what you were getting at and I completely. We live in a free will society that has options. No one has the "rights" to anyone else. If a family feels like there is a better option elsewhere and they can make that option happen then I definitely don't fault them for making that happen.

Just a bit of info to settle this issue once and for all. My children have and are attending Catholic with NO financial aid, and it has never been offered or hinted that there was any available. I am a single non-Catholic parent and most likely near the bottom of the ladder when it comes to comparing income levels. I consider it a privilage for my children to attend school at KCHS. We make sacrifices for this to be possible. There are many generous parents at our school, but there is something more than money that is needed to run a high school program such as this and that is time. The dedication that they show and the work that they generously and selflessly do week in and week out is amazing to me. An integral part of the cirriculum at Catholic is completing your required service hours each semester. These children are being taught by example when they see thier parents and other alumni and school staff working so diligently towards a common cause.

My sons have been involved in the football program for several years now and have been taught many lessons in addition to football skills. They have been taught things that will prepare them to be better citizens and a productive member of society. I consider this a gift that I am giving to my children and enjoy scraping every last penny to pay for it.