Knox Catholic 4-0 is this for real without the STAR

Butch & Sundance

Guys.

A few things. Photoman is hiliarious, HappyHour22 knows Catholic, Butchie&Sunnydancer is a Baylor "whatever" looking for scoop on Catholic so that they can stomp a hole in them on Friday. Everybody tries to attract the best talent, also known as "recruiting", and no one in Knoxville is better at it than Coatney. Period. Good for him. He plays by the rules, as does Rankin, Stevens, Pemberton, Quarles, Graham, etc. I'm glad Fulton raised the bar. It made AE, Catholic, and others better. Look at Scott Co. Whats going on is good for competition, and provides opportunity for the kids. More importantly, it provides much better entertainment for me, which is what I care about the most.

Now Butchie, I know the Baylor machine is going to roll up I-75 with a bus load of studs, and probably one of the best dual threat QBs in the state in Massey. You could cry the blues about Kevin Cooper being off to UT (he looks great by the way), and injuries that have hit, etc. Those things would be true. On the other hand, that bus will have kids that have played in big games against some of the best competition in the state. Sorry guys, but BA, and MBA are churning out the D1 talent, and yes they do provide schollies.

Catholic, while having only one person on scholarhip (bagpipe lady:) has come a long way from the rocky field on Magnolia Ave. However, they just won't have the horses to compete against Baylor. Not yet anyway. Sorry Irish, just not yet. Good lock to both teams. Friday night's matchup in this area should be Mville and Billy B, although, I like the Bearden/Halls game. Should be a pretty high "over-under" on that one.

ruse?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then that takes care of it, we now know that Catholic doesnt give financial aid anymore. PLEASE, look at Livingston Academy, how many games have they won since they took the title? Not many, now I do believe that LA no longer gives financial aid, but Catholic? I will have to say I'm still a little curious as to how they keep the cubbord stocked, must have a great off-season workout plan! Just an outsiders opinion, take it as you will./ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Livingston Academy hasn't been private for 60+ years. If it costed tuition to attend LA, then most kids would have to go elsewhere. Wait, it does cost tuition, its just called taxes.

Livingston Academy hasn't been private for 60+ years. If it costed tuition to attend LA, then most kids would have to go elsewhere. Wait, it does cost tuition, its just called taxes.

BigDaddy_1.

Would you please say hello to Vice President Gore for me? Does he not live over that way, well maybe closer to Smith Co? Anyway, tell him I left my lights on all day.

ruse?

BigDaddy_1.

Would you please say hello to Vice President Gore for me? Does he not live over that way, well maybe closer to Smith Co? Anyway, tell him I left my lights on all day.

ruse?

Sorry ruse?. Don't like Al to well. Democrat though. He does have a home in Smith County, but I think he spends most of his time out of state. If you are referring to the tax comment, sorry, Just trying to be cute. Also to let people know LA is not private. Besides, I enjoy the services my county and city taxes pay for. Guess what, left my lights on today along with my a/c. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I know how tough the region is I'm from east TN and I'm not downgrading the region. All I'm saying is that you or any one else can't tell me that every kid on that football team has the money to be able to pay tuition to that school, and as far as the off-season program goes, I'd be willing to bet that most of the kids on the team workout with a personal trainer and not their teammates. Again just my opinion. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I think if you would check the roster, you would find that 75% of the kids have attended Catholic schools since elementary school. The coaches at Catholic must have done a terrific job of evaluating all this talent in pre-school to get them to enroll so early. Is this what they mean when referring to the early signing period? They have a strength coach on staff and he teaches weight lifting class throughout the day so everyone will have a chance to workout. Those that don't have the class must stay after practice and lift a couple of times a week. The church actually pays part of the tuition for those from their parrish.

I think if you would check the roster, you would find that 75% of the kids have attended Catholic schools since elementary school. The coaches at Catholic must have done a terrific job of evaluating all this talent in pre-school to get them to enroll so early. Is this what they mean when referring to the early signing period? They have a strength coach on staff and he teaches weight lifting class throughout the day so everyone will have a chance to workout. Those that don't have the class must stay after practice and lift a couple of times a week. The church actually pays part of the tuition for those from their parrish.

I think KC does a great job with its football program. I also think Fulton, AE, and others do as well. When you are successful, bottom line is, folks want to take you down.

I think KC does a great job with its football program. I also think Fulton, AE, and others do as well. When you are successful, bottom line is, folks want to take you down.

BigDaddy_1.

That sort of sums up the thread well in terms of a bottom line. Right/Left/Libertarian, makes no difference, as long as you're not a commie soccer player:)

ruse?