Dickson County vs Riverdale

CantStopTheChop

Why is Bell out? Look for Primm to hook up with some new targets in this game, I'd like to see him and young sophmore TE Devin Guthrie hook up a few times in this one. Rayburn will run hard and DC will most likely run right at this great riverdale defense. I believe DC matches up a little better in the speed column than in the years past, I would say Jon Greer and Aaron Wicker two of the backers have big nights. Don't know much about riverdale this year but on a guess i'd say they have some playmakers all over the field. Them boys in blue and orange got alot of heart. If DC can hang around till the fourth quarter i'm givin this one to them in a slugfest. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck trying to run again the Riverdale d-fense...lets see already 3 shut outs.. ok.. Go Warriors!!

Let's take a look at the offenses that Riverdale has faced. Oakland, Antioch, Blackman, Lincoln County, and Siegel, none of which will be confused with the Indianapolis Colts. My guess is that this will be a close game, unless Riverdale overlooks Dickson. It is early in his tenure, but Aydelott's Warriors have shown a propensity to do this. Not being critical, just an opinion.

Why is Bell out? Look for Primm to hook up with some new targets in this game, I'd like to see him and young sophmore TE Devin Guthrie hook up a few times in this one. Rayburn will run hard and DC will most likely run right at this great riverdale defense. I believe DC matches up a little better in the speed column than in the years past, I would say Jon Greer and Aaron Wicker two of the backers have big nights. Don't know much about riverdale this year but on a guess i'd say they have some playmakers all over the field. Them boys in blue and orange got alot of heart. If DC can hang around till the fourth quarter i'm givin this one to them in a slugfest. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy.

Bells out with a broke arm. Will be back in 2 to 3 weeks with a soft cast on. I Think DC Has a geat chance this year. Riverdale is always a test for any team they play. They set the bar all 5A teams want to reach. But they can be beat and DC as a few times. So I got take the boys in Blue and Orange Its Home coming and the crowed at the Big House should be rocking.

Let's take a look at the offenses that Riverdale has faced. Oakland, Antioch, Blackman, Lincoln County, and Siegel, none of which will be confused with the Indianapolis Colts. My guess is that this will be a close game, unless Riverdale overlooks Dickson. It is early in his tenure, but Aydelott's Warriors have shown a propensity to do this. Not being critical, just an opinion.

smyrna will get the chance to feel that riverdale defense in person, but on top of that i would be willing to bet that riverdale will give up equal or less points to all 6 of our common opponents than smyrna does. you tend to make comments about teams that might be true at the time but you dont look at the future or consider your own teams performances and such.

smyrna will get the chance to feel that riverdale defense in person, but on top of that i would be willing to bet that riverdale will give up equal or less points to all 6 of our common opponents than smyrna does. you tend to make comments about teams that might be true at the time but you dont look at the future or consider your own teams performances and such.

Like I said, I am not being critical, I am just stating the facts. Yes, Smyrna has also had lapses on defense, however, the strength of schedule is no comparison.

Like I said, I am not being critical, I am just stating the facts. Yes, Smyrna has also had lapses on defense, however, the strength of schedule is no comparison.

Strength of schedule is not a valid argument unless you win the games. Smyrna does not have a win over an opponent with a winning record so far...Riverdale does. Smyrna has played two teams with winning records and lost both games. Of the teams they have beaten, Riverdale's opponents have won 40%...Smyrna's have won 36%. Should Riverdale be fortunate enough to win at Dickson County those numbers get even worse for your comparison. We can't really compare the teams that the teams have lost to since you can't compare something to nothing.

Plenty of time to talk about Smyrna later...got a team with a 75% winning percentage coming up Friday night. We'll worry about Smyrna and their 60% winning percentage later.

Go Warriors!!!

TDC basically squashed that theory but just to add...

the non region games i would say like brentwood and lincoln county cancel each other out...i think both dickson county/antioch are both better than gallatin, so brentwood academy (who yall lost to) is probably yalls only strength advantage on that.

region of course, we have 6 common opponents...say smyrna wins the rest of their games up until they play us, we would have to lose 2 to be even with yall. so if yall came in 6-2 and we were 8-0 coming into that game (just for example), it would help yalls strength of schedule yall playing up and it would hurt ours us playing down based on the records.

so yall very well might have a tougher strength of schedule when its all said and done, but its irrelevant comparing region teams on strength of schedule (especially when we will have a head to head to go by). they are more relevant comparing potential playoff matchups on teams who have 0 common opponents and such.

if yall were 5-0 instead of 3-2, yall wouldnt be copping that plea...smyrna is just trying to level themselves with riverdale now while we are above. if we beat yall, we of course will be farther above, if we lose then of course we will be below. its dumb to talk about this, just handle yalls business and we will handle ours and we'll see you in october /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DC has a pretty good passing game, but their star WR/FS Steadman Bell is out this week so that will really hurt. Also, DC has the best back in region 6 in Shane Rayburn. IMO, DC will be the best team Riverdale has played so far this season.

If you call pretty good 30 yrd average per game then Riverdale has nothing to worry about. As for the running back, Dickson County hasnt faced a defensive line that averages with 50lbs of Riverdale's line with leads to another Riverdale defensive domination...

Now I know your crazy!!! You cant name one game this year that Riverdale has overlooked or under estimated anyone. Aydelott plays it close to the vest and wins with ball control and the Riverdale defense is getting better every week and is the real deal. Remember, defense wins championships...

If you call pretty good 30 yrd average per game then Riverdale has nothing to worry about. As for the running back, Dickson County hasnt faced a defensive line that averages with 50lbs of Riverdale's line with leads to another Riverdale defensive domination...

I don't know where you got those stats at, DC is averaging 104 yards per game.

TDC basically squashed that theory but just to add...

the non region games i would say like brentwood and lincoln county cancel each other out...i think both dickson county/antioch are both better than gallatin, so brentwood academy (who yall lost to) is probably yalls only strength advantage on that.

region of course, we have 6 common opponents...say smyrna wins the rest of their games up until they play us, we would have to lose 2 to be even with yall. so if yall came in 6-2 and we were 8-0 coming into that game (just for example), it would help yalls strength of schedule yall playing up and it would hurt ours us playing down based on the records.

so yall very well might have a tougher strength of schedule when its all said and done, but its irrelevant comparing region teams on strength of schedule (especially when we will have a head to head to go by). they are more relevant comparing potential playoff matchups on teams who have 0 common opponents and such.

if yall were 5-0 instead of 3-2, yall wouldnt be copping that plea...smyrna is just trying to level themselves with riverdale now while we are above. if we beat yall, we of course will be farther above, if we lose then of course we will be below. its dumb to talk about this, just handle yalls business and we will handle ours and we'll see you in october /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me make this perfectly clear. I am not making this a Smyrna vs Riverdale thing. We settled that last year in November, and we will settle it again on October 26th. Yes, Smyrna has slipped twice this year, and we are working to get better. All I am saying is that Riverdale has not played the caliber of football so far this year than one would expect. As for Aydelott, I hear that he is a fine man. As far as having his team always ready to play, I give you the playoffs against Smyrna last year as evidence. I know that this is probably unfair to say, but coach A is no Gary Rankin. That can also be said about many other coaches. Keep working hard Riverdale, and we will too. Our game on October 26th should be a dandy.