Goodpasture At Lipscomb

strikethree11

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice to Visitors to Lipscomb's Reese Smith Athletic Complex this Friday night, please visit The Mustangfanpage for parking instructions.

Click on Facilities and Visitor Information as the Parking situation has changed.

Were Dinosaurs every found in Scotland....other than Lockness? If they have, does that make Coach Mac an old dinosaur?

To Wow: Lipscomb has won many titles. If you would like to see how many State Titles Lipscomb has won Click here. Remember Wow: Lipscomb is one of the oldest Private schools in the state and it is the largest.

Lipscomb has won many district and region titles over the years, so many that The Lipscomb Athletic Director has mothballed all of the trophies in the gymnasium with the exception of State Titles and Runnerup trophies.

You are either mistaking Lipscomb for another school or you are not a former Father Ryan player. Lipscomb has never played Father Ryan in Varsity Football. They have only met in either Freshman or JV football...and that has only been very recently. If you are a true Catholic and attended the local catholic middle schools and played football, then you probably have been beaten soundly by the Lipscomb Middle School team. In Basketball, you would have to go back to the late sixties to find where Lipscomb and Ryan have met. Occassionaly the baseball teams have met, and in track, the 2006 Big Man race had the Lipscomb team defeating the team from BA, Goodpasture and Father Ryan.

As for the Church of Christ members interrupting the Priest at Mass, I think you're mistaken once again. Believe that was the Baptists who was evangelizing the catholic and the Jewish communities

What is with all this informed posting nonsense?! Vandy1, if you don't have something ridiculous to say- don't say anything at all!

Lipscomb wins this game 9-1

mustangfan.

48.56712, repeating, or just round it up for 49%. Now how has DL done covering punts and KOs this year? This question will apply this week and beyond. Thanks.

ruse?

They have a kicker in Kyle Lehning who plants them from inside the 5 yard line through the end zone on average. Tyler Adkisson had a couple of nice returns for the Cubs last week but all in all Lipscomb's kicking game is as good as usual.

Still IMO there'll never be a kicker at DL like Jason Hull was a few years ago. He looked like Lou Groza out there kicking the football both times the Cubs played DL in 2005.

Mitchell Tenpenny is the punter and he does a nice job. He has punted in the past though Ben Lehning was the guy who handled the punting duties most of the time.

They have a kicker in Kyle Lehning who plants them from inside the 5 yard line through the end zone on average. Tyler Adkisson had a couple of nice returns for the Cubs last week but all in all Lipscomb's kicking game is as good as usual.

Still IMO there'll never be a kicker at DL like Jason Hull was a few years ago. He looked like Lou Groza out there kicking the football both times the Cubs played DL in 2005.

Mitchell Tenpenny is the punter and he does a nice job. He has punted in the past though Ben Lehning was the guy who handled the punting duties most of the time.

Big Country.

Thanks. Maybe Vandy1 can chime in on how the coverage has been when kickoffs have not gone into the endzone or perhaps how the punt coverage has been thus far. Not sure that DL has yet seen the type of return game that Goddpasture has this yr. They have speed, guys with wiggle, and a rather sophisticated and very well executed return scheme. Not saying that Goodpasrure will bust one, but do think that field position will be a critical part of this game. Don't see either of these teams having special teams turnovers so that becomes a wash for both sides, and since neither of these two will generally beat themselves; we are back to a field position game. I'm sort of jealous I won't see this one, as I feel that it will be one of the more evenly matched games this year. On the other hand, I am looking forward to seeing Mville in person for the first time this year against William Blount. Good luck to both teams.

ruse?

Lipscomb is the 3rd largest DI private school. Knoxville Catholic and Chattanooga Notre Dame are larger. Those 3 schools are larger than any DII also.

As the original thread stated. Lipscomb is the largest private school in the state with a total enrollment of 1370. The High School as noted above is the third largest Private HS in DI with an enrollment of 520 behind Catholic at 602 and Notre Dame at 565.