"A Farewell To A.R.M.S."

emerod

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll don't know nothing about no carp!...You have to leave it out for only two days...cause any longer...then it's like company...you have to throw it away!...

I was thinking about that turtle shell...can I have it, please?...would make it so much easier to serve Twan... kinda the trough method of concession standing...

fanman...nooooooooo...I don't like salmon patties...you know those little white bone like chips?...oh geeeeeeeesh...makes me gag...about like the thought of cooking pinto beans does...BUT...I will cook those pinto beans for all of you...cause I don't want Twan to feel cheated!...and Doris has a lovely smile...just that wee little bit of carp...or rib...on her tooth...she needs to work on that...poor SCPride...he won't know how to act...HEY..maybe he'll do a cheer for us...ya think?

and yes...we will be serving a delighful carp recipe... just for the coaches though...a little surprise for them...

gonna do a little advertising here...Saturday, June 15 is the annual Smith County High School Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Special Education Department and Tennplasco...entry fee is $40.00...two people per boat...five fish limit...dead fish do not count...NO CARP...all bass...Defeated Creek Marina...for more information call 615-735-8266...leave a message...and someone will get back to you...

Peceny Kapr Kyselou Omackou ( Carp with Sour Cream Sauce)

1/4 cup of butter

2 bay leaves

1/3 cup of sour cream

1 lemon, juice

salt and pepper

1 carp, 3-4 pounds, cleaned

Grease shallow baking dish with butter

Season carp, inside and out with salt and pepper, place bay leaves on butter, laying the carp on top

Cover with sour cream and lemon juice

Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes

Serve with noodles or potatoes

Serves 4

Found at Recipezaar.com

Queenie, are you going to serve that to the coaches? I think Pride, fan, and schsman would lap that up. Who's going to catch the carp? You may have to put Del on this one. Is Grundy County carp better than Smith County carp?

(a question for the ages)Nah, we don't need any imported carp here! Something told me that Peceny Kapr Kyselou Omackou didn't come from the "Taste of Smith County" cookbook.

[Edited by Antwan on 5/30/02 8:46P]

I dont know if Pride would like that dish but the carp ala mode he would go for. Just dont let Pride control the music. If you have ever heard what he listens too you know what I mean.

Fan(who thinks that the Grundy carp would be alittle smokey..the last time we rode thru there it was smokey as heck..and Queenie...you suppose to REMOVE the bones!!. Let me cook you some real salmon. You would be in heaven...or sick as doo...which ever comes 1st)

[Edited by fanman on 5/30/02 10:09P]

Well actually I would be catching carp in Marion County. The private pond where I grew up is about three miles into Marion County. But since all of us went to school in Grundy we just counted ourselves as being from there.

And in response to CoachT's post about take a kid fishing...everyone should do just that. On days that it's free or not. It's without question the best times me and the boy have.

He went today with one of his grandfathers. That grandfather is an avid fisherman. And pretty good at it as well. He has a 10 lb bass on his wall and has thrown another back that was close to that size. Well where they went fishing the grandfather got no bites. My boy....caught 5 fish. He's a pro in the making.

Del.

The special carp recipe I have in mind is a nice grilled filet...with that brown streak still in it!...That should make up for all the birdies that come my way...paaaaaaaaay backs feel so good!...

As a special added feature to the hivejive, as fanman called it...I prefer Beehive Blowout...anyway...we will be having not only live music by some of the most talented coaches...but karoake...a friend is bringing his machine.. I'm laughing already!!!...

fanman...I'm passing on the salmon invitation...when my Mom died...bless her soul...I said...I'm never eating fish again!...I suppose that's why I keep hearing the word...excommunication...thrown my way!...

Del...thanks to you...I have finally figured out what was wrong with my youth...you see...as an only child... and a girl...my Dad may have been a little disappointed in his lack of a fishing buddy...the torture I had to endure...used to make me go with him to the fishing ramps to watch people bring their boats in...cause he couldn't afford one...(spending all his money to send me to a private school)...and then...the day came...we went to Montgomery Ward...and there she was...a 14 foot john boat...oh the beauty!!!...and a six horse power Johnson motor...well!...life was good, right?...WRONG!...it didn't matter that there wasn't a fishing ramp where Tom wanted to put in...oh noooooooo...his daughter could haul that thing down the bank...and come back for the motor...(I'm screaming right now!)...the final straw was when I was fourteen...begging to get my ears pierced... but NO NO NO...not until dear old Dad threw his line out...and yes...caught me in the right ear...did the man cut the hook?...slide it out the easy way???...NO...pulled it out!...needless to say...I got the other ear pierced that day...But Del...you've shown me the light...it's a father-son thing!!!...I will tell you this...you're right...those were some of the best times of my life...(painful too)...and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything in this world...so you keep on taking that boy fishing...you sound like a wonderful Dad...

Ok...sorry about the rambling...and NO fan and Twan...I haven't started early!!!...