Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

I don't think these people have gotten the sarcasm in your posts?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I sure hope they have... Otherwise I really need to work on it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we need to just Regions 4,5 & 6 play for the title, since those are the only teams that continue to get noticed. I think the teams in the east and a couple teams in the west, namely McKenzie and TCA( which these teams are getting no love as they should). Im sure that TSSAA would love to hear that the playoffs will only be between 4, 5, and 6. Can we get an unbiased(unbiased by not putting 7 teams from 2 regions as the top in the state) top 10 poll back on here????????

at first when i read how everyone kept saying how great regions5&6 were, i thought it was sarcasm. now being from a region5 team, i pretty much only know about us, and a lil from region6. but after so many ppl have said it, i'm confused as to whether you guys actually believe you will be forced to bow down to us, or if your just being sarcastic cuz we hog the polls.

lol i guess i'm j/w...

Polls, oh yes You got to love them. They sure get it right every year dont they? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can we get an unbiased(unbiased by not putting 7 teams from 2 regions as the top in the state) top 10 poll back on here????????

1. South Pitt (done the most of any team to claim the top spot, including victories over 2A power tyner and Boyd, Oh yeah, and undefeated doesn't hurt)

2. Hampton (Undefeated season and a big win over their 4A rival to boot)

3. McKenzie (has a loss or two, but their early season demolition of Bruceton made them the team to beat from west of the river)

4. White House Herritage (Dangerously under-ratted and has a chance to claim region 5 crown. I have my doubts about the strength of the region but to be region champ of a 10 team region is still a very big achievement that takes a good team)

5. Gordonsville (bad loss to Smith County, but region 4-1A champion... If you think being region champion means nothing check again, the past two years running the region 4-1A crown has been in the burro)

6. Trinity Christian (alot of people count them out because of 2 losses. Neither loss was to a 1A team and one of the losses was to the defending 1A champs, They haven't had a 1A team get within 20 points of them all season)

7. Mt. Pleasant (I was suprised when they lost, not because they lost but because of how they seemingly dropped out of everyone's mind, still a good team here people.)

8. Midway (Suffers alot of image problems because of a percieved weakness of where they are at, I have my doubts about them but I feel confident that they will give Hampton a pretty good game in the 3rd round)

9. Trousdale (one missed kick away from being region champions instead of gordonsville. I want everbody to read this part, FIRST ROUND GAME OF THE YEAR, 7 TIME CHAMPION TROUSDALE @ SOUTH PITT. )

10. Bruceton (I myself haggled them for being destroyed by McKenzie, but if these two teams meet again I fully expect the game to be closer)

That is my attempt at being non-biased...

9. Trousdale (one missed kick away from being region champions instead of gordonsville. I want everbody to read this part, FIRST ROUND GAME OF THE YEAR, 7 TIME CHAMPION TROUSDALE @ SOUTH PITT. )

Just get it all straight then>>>>FIRST ROUND GAME OF THE YEAR, 7 TIME CHAMPION TROUSDALE @ 3 TIME CHAMPION SOUTH PITT.

Just get it all straight then>>>>FIRST ROUND GAME OF THE YEAR, 7 TIME CHAMPION TROUSDALE @ 3 TIME CHAMPION SOUTH PITT.

For the record zone, I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 2, and I knew you would kill me if I got it wrong. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

But seriously, between these two teams there is 10 gold footballs, the rest of 1A combined doesn't even have 10 burro appearances I would bet...

1. South Pitt (done the most of any team to claim the top spot, including victories over 2A power tyner and Boyd, Oh yeah, and undefeated doesn't hurt)

2. Hampton (Undefeated season and a big win over their 4A rival to boot)

3. McKenzie (has a loss or two, but their early season demolition of Bruceton made them the team to beat from west of the river)

4. White House Herritage (Dangerously under-ratted and has a chance to claim region 5 crown. I have my doubts about the strength of the region but to be region champ of a 10 team region is still a very big achievement that takes a good team)

5. Gordonsville (bad loss to Smith County, but region 4-1A champion... If you think being region champion means nothing check again, the past two years running the region 4-1A crown has been in the burro)

6. Trinity Christian (alot of people count them out because of 2 losses. Neither loss was to a 1A team and one of the losses was to the defending 1A champs, They haven't had a 1A team get within 20 points of them all season)

7. Mt. Pleasant (I was suprised when they lost, not because they lost but because of how they seemingly dropped out of everyone's mind, still a good team here people.)

8. Midway (Suffers alot of image problems because of a percieved weakness of where they are at, I have my doubts about them but I feel confident that they will give Hampton a pretty good game in the 3rd round)

10. Bruceton (I myself haggled them for being destroyed by McKenzie, but if these two teams meet again I fully expect the game to be closer)

Looks pretty good. TC and SP will be the game to see the first week.

But seriously, between these two teams there is 10 gold footballs, the rest of 1A combined doesn't even have 10 burro appearances I would bet...

Actually, exactly 10 teams other than SP and Trousdale remain in 1A that have been to the state championship game.

Looking at it in single A only: South Pittsburg and Trousdale have combined for 8 1-A championships and 11 1-A appearances. (remember Trousdale went as 2A a few times so those appearances and titles weren't included)

5 teams other than SP and Trousdale remain in 1A that have won state championships. (Oneida, Bruceton, Greenback, Gordonsville, and Lake County)

8 teams other than SP and Trousdale remain in 1A that have been runner-up.

And as said earlier 10 teams total have been to the big game.

This was looked up on the TSSAA website so the information should be correct unless I made an error somewhere.

Also, it only (only?) list 6 state championships for Trousdale, not 7.

I don't think these people have gotten the sarcasm in your posts?

FCSprideatUT is someone Region 5 knows they have to overlook. He's been crying all year because Friendship wasn't #1 in the AP poll. His post are pretty funny. I guess thats why we look at him as a joke in Region 5.

FCSprideatUT is someone Region 5 knows they have to overlook. He's been crying all year because Friendship wasn't #1 in the AP poll. His post are pretty funny. I guess thats why we look at him as a joke in Region 5.

actually FCS is one of my region 4 brethren and has been saying FC is not playing like a top 10 team. I've not heard him cry all year.