Region 3-3A Playoff Possibilities

UTCSCOUT07

polk does play hard nosed football....but central is FAST AND THEY PLAY SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.....wonder if YeeHaw has every seen central line up in the wishbone and absolutely take over and finish a game? polk should be scared of central!!hahhaha...great post warhorse!! polk does play hard nosed football....but central is FAST AND THEY PLAY SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.....wonder if YeeHaw has every seen central line up in the wishbone and absolutely take over and finish a game? polk should be scared of central!!

I think your definition of smash mouth football is different than ours. Our smash mouth is that we are coming right at you and your just going to have to stop us. MC's smash mouth is were going to cuss you, give you some cheap shots and run our mouth and try to get some penalties as well as bite, scratch and squeeze your nads when we get you in a pile. As for your running backs the only one that ran north and south is # 10 and he done a good job against ER. When the other backs broke through the line they took a hard right or left and ran straight to the side lines. I watched #1 play at Polk in the JV game and Polk's JV's shut him down and he led the Varsity in rushing the week before. I think the score of the JV game was 48-0 and Central had 3-4 that started or played on varsity. Look forward to replies. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your definition of smash mouth football is different than ours. Our smash mouth is that we are coming right at you and your just going to have to stop us. MC's smash mouth is were going to cuss you, give you some cheap shots and run our mouth and try to get some penalties as well as bite, scratch and squeeze your nads when we get you in a pile. As for your running backs the only one that ran north and south is # 10 and he done a good job against ER. When the other backs broke through the line they took a hard right or left and ran straight to the side lines. I watched #1 play at Polk in the JV game and Polk's JV's shut him down and he led the Varsity in rushing the week before. I think the score of the JV game was 48-0 and Central had 3-4 that started or played on varsity. Look forward to replies. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Let's not get carried away. JV is JV not much water in that tank. Remember a couple years ago when the Freshman that are Juniors now beat Polks Jv 38-0. Come week 9 you will see a much better team then the years past

Let's not get carried away. JV is JV not much water in that tank. Remember a couple years ago when the Freshman that are Juniors now beat Polks Jv 38-0. Come week 9 you will see a much better team then the years past

As I remember that team brought half of its Varsity for a JV game. What did you think of Polk's JV a couple of weeks ago and no one plays varsity either.

You must have taken a hard right or left that night and went to the wrong school, cause you obviously didn't watch the Central / ER game. There were at least 6 running backs in that game that had runs over 10 yards, with most of them having multiple runs. Yes, 10 had a good night running, but so did 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, and 34 all had good runs and I don't remember any of them turning for the side lines. And just so that you will be on guard, we're not bringing the JV to Polk on Game 9 night. That's not to mention the passing game, which isn't smash mouth, but more, catch us if you can, and you can't. I don't look forward to the replies, I look forward to the game. But, we'll have a better idea if I'm right or wrong after this friday. Meigs may show you what a real team is like, and after that, you get to play the team that beat them. For now, once you beat someone with a record that's better then 2-4 you'll start to get more respect. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Polk has alot of respect from Howard!!! Those guys play hardnosed football and they have the toughest QB I have seen all year. I havent Seen McMinn play but I would take Polk to win this one. Are you guys at McMinn planning on throwing the ball against Howard. Ricks, Hudson, and McClain will be waiting along with our linebackers

As I remember that team brought half of its Varsity for a JV game. What did you think of Polk's JV a couple of weeks ago and no one plays varsity either.

I am looking for no argument, for I do have respect for Polk, Meigs, and Howard, even MC. All good teams.

I am pretty sure that MC has to bring varsity players to JV games because of #'s. These players are all either freshman or sohmores. Not talking smack at all, just my thoughts----- this is why MC is something to talk about, they are so young. This could prove to be the difference in their season, this year. Polk and Howard have older players that can play, this is needed for a playoff run - that is just a fact.

I would love to see our top 4 beat the other regions top 4, talk about smack talk. Find a thread from their region and see how much respect they don't have for our region.

2 years ago Central had a Freshman team and a JV team. We played Polk at Central and won 38-0 no Varsity players played .. Only Freshman

As far as a couple weeks ago the Polk JV team looked very good and I think that team could make the playoffs in this Region.. Very well Coached team.. 24 is a STUD

Back to the subject. The playoff possibilities are unlimited in this region. The only sure thing, as I see it, is that the 4 teams will probably be Howard, Central, Meigs and Polk. They could be in any order. These last 4 weeks should make for some very interesting football. I have seen all 4 teams play and they have very different styles. Howard has speed, speed, and more speed and a coach that now seems to have them under control. Central has plenty of speed but can also play power football. Their coach has turned the program in the right direction but they still are a candidate to self destruct at any time. Polk plays harder than any team and has a coach that makes them believe they can and will win. Meigs doesn't have near the talent as the above teams but they will knock your teeth out on both sides of the ball. The key for them will be keeping everybody healthy. Their coach is the most underated coach around but he does an OUTSTANDING job year in and year out and is going to get out worked by nobody.

P.S. I sure do wish somebody would start a Central vs. Polk thread that could be titled: Who hates who the worst or who can let their mouth overload their butt. Maybe the Central and Polk folks could stay out of everybody else's thread and we wouldn't have to read it unless we chose to.

I believe if Meigs beats Polk this week, that will give them enough confidence to beat Howard the following week. SO if Meigs wins in the Polk game, I believe Meigs will be in the top two spots in playoffs, possibly winning region. So if Meigs loses Polk, Meigs will fall in the back seat in 4th position and go into playoffs. But think about it in recent years. The past two years, the fourth place team in the region always comes close to beating the first place team in nashville area. Meigs was down 7-0 in 4th quarter in 2005 when they got stopped inside 5yd line. Greenbrier was almost defeated. Then last year our 4th place team in our region held is close to Station Camp....so who knows it will be a wild finish and after polk/meigs game will start sorting the playoffs out a little better

P.S. I sure do wish somebody would start a Central vs. Polk thread that could be titled: Who hates who the worst or who can let their mouth overload their butt. Maybe the Central and Polk folks could stay out of everybody else's thread and we wouldn't have to read it unless we chose to.

What would be the fun in that?

I think that Howard wins out takes first.

Central loses to Howard takes second.

Meigs loses to Central and Howard and takes third.

Polk loses to Howard, Meigs, and Central and takes forth.

I've not seen Polk or Howard play. This is just going by records. Course, the sun shines on a dead dog's rump once a day, so who know how it'll turn out.