Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB IS DB IS DB IS DB! Dobyns-Bennett doesn't have their greatest record this year. SO WHAT?! Might I add that they are without past clutch players Duran Ferguson, Lamon Williams, Coty Sensabaugh, Bo Burton, Josef Throp, and Easton Ring I believe. These are not the Dobyns-Bennett juggernauts of past but anyone with a brain will give them MAD RESPECT because of their tradition. Anyone who plays DB has to realize that the players are Tight nit with their community and will BRING IT every FRIDAY NIGHT because their parents and brothers and cousins all played ball there and are rooting for them to succeed regardless of their record. DB's mindset is they go into every game 0-0 looking for a win. And whoever thinks that they aren't strong because of their record does not know them. They have improved drastically and I believe would have beaten Bearden without that outstanding play by D-Hall in OT. DB has found itself and will most likely win out until the TOPPERS come to town. Then we see what happens. Until then, Don't ever underestimate a Graham Clark team. This is coming from a devoted TOPPER who knows all too well what DB can do. AND will do to anyone taking them lightly.

At any rate, TitanVol must not realize that we DB fans are all over the Topper threads. Ill agree with you that this group of kids seems to be a good TEAM, no I's or ME's on this team. I also agree they go into every game with the mindset they are 0-0 looking for a win, these kids know they have to play the whole game every game to get to where they want to be, not the usual blow out after halftime mentality we have had over the past couple of years. We definatley won't over look Sevier County. We should be well aware in the articles I've seem on them this year that they do well in capitalizing off turnovers, something we seem to like to do. It should be a classic down in Sevierville, despite win/loss records. I look for a 3-4 Bears squad against a 3-3 Indians squad in a week.

If a bear doesn't get you, the field can. The crown on your field is nightmare for the throwing QB. Always a home field advantage. Dont forget, #7 played the entire game as QB 2 years ago on this field as the number 3 QB when 1 & 2 were hurt. It was a big game, evenly matched, maybe even SC favored. Didn't a college team use the field for practice prior to a UT game a few years back? Was it Fla. because of hurricane forced them to leave early? Now we are back on the thread.

No watchdoggy it was actually against a horrible Campbell County team and it was at home, and didnt have to do much in that game. Dont believe me, but you can look it up.

No watchdoggy it was actually against a horrible Campbell County team and it was at home, and didnt have to do much in that game. Dont believe me, but you can look it up.

"don't believe me", why would I not??? Did DB have a QB get injured in the SC game? Skunk will know, he knows all. And who was the college team that practiced on the field? Maybe Georgia needs to for the Vols to have a chance.

it is Alabama.

Was that a one time thing or do they do it each year they play in Knoxville? It seems like I remember temp. play clocks set up at each end of the field. They can come use ETSU football facilities anytime. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"don't believe me", why would I not??? Did DB have a QB get injured in the SC game? Skunk will know, he knows all. And who was the college team that practiced on the field? Maybe Georgia needs to for the Vols to have a chance.

watchdog

titansvol is correct. I couldn't find anything on tricitiessports.com but did find something from the Kpt Times News about last years game which referred to the '05 game. Sam took over when Bo got injured and Ring was QB the next week vs CampCo. I thought Ring played the '05 SC game as well /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3684238