Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

I agree. I did, however, go watch the Science Hill and Bearden game. Sevier County has put together two wins, albeit the competition was not top notch but victories build confidence. Indians come off a open week, hope they can come out fired up. Should be a good one in the first half with the Indians seperating themselves in the second half.

DB 10 - DB kicks field goal to go up 3-0 at end of first quarter, scores touchdown in second to go up 10-0.

SC 7 - SC scores touchdown with under 5 minutes in the second quarter to bring it to 10-7 Indians at the break.

DB 24 - 3 touchdowns and a field goal that doesn't get blocked

SC 14 - 2 touchdowns with the second touchdown coming in the fourth quarter

Final

If Sevier County's offense can muster one TD, much less two, against the Tribe defense that I saw play WB than I will be beyond shocked. In fact, based upon our season long penchant for turning the ball over and general lack of execution, it's a pretty good bet that DB's defense will out score our offense by themselves.

DB - 32

SC - 7

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watchdog,

That was the rain game that Bo Burton broke his foot in and Sam McCord had to come back in and play QB and reinjured his shoulder...

Oh and you had mentioned me being aware of muffed punts in a previous post, if that is directed as a slam on some of my family members, I will remind you that there were only two muffs by my family members in over three years of returning punts, oldest son against Karns @ Karns (before he was knocked unconscious) and younger son last year against South (made up for it, though)...youngest son hasn't had a turn yet...

Now, I do remember a muffed punt by a teammate my junior year of high school that led to a playoff victory for Knox Fulton, which was quarterbacked by none other than Sevier County's head football coach Steve Brewer...it is such a small world...

Trivia Question: Bart Ring completed his first high school touchdown pass to whom against whom?

Roll Tribe Roll

Easy Skank, settle down. I was referring to YOUR glory days. I knew sometime in your era muffed a punt towards the end of a game that cost a very good DB team a good shot at state.

Being a SCHS alum and former player under Coach Brewer's excellent staff, I will say I don't know! Coach Bell and his staff is quality as well and I'm sure the DB has far better athletes so I'll say that will swing the pendulum in favor of DB, but I hope I'm wrong! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

My son is ready for tonights game and hope will get some playing time.I think as a sophmore, he is more excited about the return trip to Kingsport next monday.We should have won the game this past week.I know,{could've,would've,should've}.We were right at the goal line and fumbled it going in on one drive.They must have got some of the luckiest calls as well. He said the kid Kingsport had at fullback was like hitting a brick muscle wall and made him look forward to lifting weights more this off season.I too look forward to a great game tonight and going back up to Kingsport next week .I hope both teams come out of the game safe and everyone gets back home safe as well.

I suspect it will play out something like the following ...

1st qtr: stalemate 0-0

Half time: 10-0 DB

3rd qtr: 31-7 DB

Final: 38-14 DB

DB will start slow, fire up in 2nd qtr, pour it on 3rd qtr, then nearly quit in 4th when the alternates take control.

I'm just curious how CS will do in his 1st real game against a 5A team.

I suspect it will play out something like the following ...

1st qtr: stalemate 0-0

Half time: 10-0 DB

3rd qtr: 31-7 DB

Final: 38-14 DB

DB will start slow, fire up in 2nd qtr, pour it on 3rd qtr, then nearly quit in 4th when the alternates take control.

I'm just curious how CS will do in his 1st real game against a 5A team.

I'd take a 24 point win right now.CS played against JC. We didn't have the big running holes early in that game and had a hard time moving the ball in the first half.We allso didn't play real smart football as a team.It's a lot to do with blocking and play calling when you step up in competion.The good teams have more speed and are going to hit you more often.I think he had two carries for about two yards and a fumble in the first half.When our coaches made some adjustments and we had some good pass plays,he done fine as the game moved along .The playoff type teams are what we must be ready for,and we don't have a back that can do it on his own with 8 or 9 in the defensive box.