Farragut @ William Blount.

wbballplayer03

i dont know about the locker room being hot or the players running through the band was all intentional. i think some people on both sides (WB and farragut) are trying to take something away from a great ballgame. the only thing that bothered me was the amount of time it took for pregame and halftime activities. i understand that it was homecoming but a 30 minute halftime is ridiculous, especially when they did the nominations before the game. to me it stopped any momentum that either team had going into the second half. it was a scoreless 3rd quarter

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I know alot about the Farragut program, and assure they meant no disrespect by this act. It's not Farragut's fault the banjo, fiddle, and harmonica players, or whatever kind of band they have, has enough sense to get out of the way.

Very classy reply. You represent your school and community well. Not once have I cried about the outcome of the game; taken anything away from Farragut's awesome performance; Sterling's incredible night ... it was a great win for Coach Courtney and Farragut's team.

But the team running through the band was wrong. Is there ANYONE from Farragut that saw what happened? If WB did this, although I'm a huge fan, I'd be furious. If I had a son playing and he did this, he wouldn't need discipline from the school, he'd get it at home.

Sometimes in life, you need to "own" your mistakes, instead of trying to attack the other party.

Very classy reply. You represent your school and community well. Not once have I cried about the outcome of the game; taken anything away from Farragut's awesome performance; Sterling's incredible night ... it was a great win for Coach Courtney and Farragut's team.

But the team running through the band was wrong. Is there ANYONE from Farragut that saw what happened? If WB did this, although I'm a huge fan, I'd be furious. If I had a son playing and he did this, he wouldn't need discipline from the school, he'd get it at home.

Sometimes in life, you need to "own" your mistakes, instead of trying to attack the other party.

wait so you are saying that you would punish your son for this when the cheerleaders are the ones who set up the banner first then after that your coaches tell you to go what do you expect your son to do just stand there and not go i think you are still crying over the loss so get over it the reason people came to the game was to watch andre destroy a defense

Once agian, I think the WB fans are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Farragut's players did not sit there and say " hey let's disrespect WB and run through the band, that will ###### them off real good, and we really want to do that!"

It was more of a case of Farragut not having much space to run out considering the band was on the entire field. So I understand why the WB fans are upset, but I feel it is unjustified. I'll say it once again, it was unintentional; Farragut just simply did not Know where to run out. And I do believe this is the first "incident" of Farragut being accused of having poor sportsmanship, correct me if I'm wrong.

Another fantastic high school football game! Great o-line play on both sides. Surprised by the score being in the 30's. Huge win for the admirals. With oak ridge defeating mcminn co. this region is looking like the sec east race. At this point if WB defeats OR next week that will be four teams with one loss. What a region!

Another fantastic high school football game! Great o-line play on both sides. Surprised by the score being in the 30's. Huge win for the admirals. With oak ridge defeating mcminn co. this region is looking like the sec east race. At this point if WB defeats OR next week that will be four teams with one loss. What a region!

I agree, not to take away from the other 5A regions but this is probally one, if not the toughest region to play in. Any team can beat another any giving friday; just depends on who makes the fewest mistakes. (besides heritage /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

Well maybe the only disrespectful thing was for William Blount to schedule Farragut on homecoming? maybe they shouldve have had a team come out and lay down to them on homecoming instead of having their "best defense in the state'' completely torched, or maybe if the farragut team hadnt been made leave the field over a half hour before kick off to head into a locker room that had the heat turned on up to 100 degrees. if u want to talk about disrespect look in your own backyard.

So William Blount should have made Maryville homecoming huh? that makes sense... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but seriously WB did not have much choice the way the schedule falls every other year. I know the Coaching staff at William Blount well and trust me.. they have ALL the respect in the world for farragut and exspecially Andre Sterling who is a great back. Hope to see a rematch in the playoffs.

Ok so every week farragut sets up their banner then the team runs through it, if i'm not mistaken i believe most schools do that, after they break through they run towards the stands to greet their fans, as one man said they were running to the wb sideline , they were running towards their fans buddy, then after they do that they loop around to go to their sideline but some of the band happens to be there so the team does their best to dodge them but some still have to move through them, the farragut team is a large mass so its hard to all stop and shift another direction. The mention of "head bobbing" and jumping up and down has nothing to do with disrespect it has to do with getting ready for a huge game, a game that was a key to the entire season.

I also believe what some others have said that this would probably not even been brought up at all. William Blount played a fantastice game but Farragut was just a tad but better Friday night and i think that should be accepted by the fans and they shouldn't going around looking for little things to complain about and try to give Farragut a bad reputation.

If William Blount had an away bleacher section this probably would not have happened at all. If I understand correctly, the WB band was on the field and left the far side open and some of the endzones. Had WB had an away side, the Farragut players would not have had to run through their banner towards the WB people. The cheerleaders would have just set up the sign facing the away side. The players run through the sign towards their bench and that is the end of it. No going to the middle of the field then having to turn around. It just doesn't make sense for the cheerleaders to have the banner facing the practice field where there are no fans, just so the players don't have to run near the band.

Here is another thought. GET OVER IT!!! It isn't like this is the first time WB's band has ever been on the field to be part of the team's entrance. I mean if this was a once in a lifetime thing, then yeah I can understand being a little upset, but they do it every home game. So 5 times a year this happens. I don't think there is a real reason to cry about it when sometime may not happen perfectly 1 time.

Other than that cry baby situation. It was a great game to listen to and I wish I was there so I could laugh at this argument even more because I couldve seen in person how little of a problem it really was.