SP Pirates and Whitwell Tigers

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the Pirates will whip the tigers in a way few have seen in recent years. Folks.... this "beat down" will not be pretty for the whitwell fans and players. Unfortunately the kids will pay for the adults motor mouthing regarding the SP gym and their efforts to stop the build. The dogs will not be called off at anytime, look for the pirates to inflect as much pain as possible. This "will" be ugly.

OP says "THANKS WHITWELL FANS FOR ADDING FUEL TO THIS GAME"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the Pirates will whip the tigers in a way few have seen in recent years. Folks.... this "beat down" will not be pretty for the whitwell fans and players. Unfortunately the kids will pay for the adults motor mouthing regarding the SP gym and their efforts to stop the build. The dogs will not be called off at anytime, look for the pirates to inflect as much pain as possible. This "will" be ugly.

Hey OP, I'm out of the loop. Whats up with the Whitwell beef?

Hey OP, I'm out of the loop. Whats up with the Whitwell beef?

Old Pirate says, SP was approached about a new gym,later the prospect of obtaining the gym and other building needs for the county,including a new school for Whitwell were presented to each city for approval of the proposed tax increase and their relinguishing their portion of the taxes to fund the county building program. SP folks led the way with voters on passing the tax increase. SP has been since we all can remember been the center of tax revenue in the county until recently with Kimball now the main tax base within the county. Whitwell had teacher/coaches sending letters home to the parents advising them if they called elected officials and expressed their disagreement with the SP gym and it's proposed plan as presented to each city before the tax vote their kids would get a "bump" of 5 points to their kids grades. MANY, Whitwell supporters showed up at the county meeting in an attempt to shoot down the SP gym project. YES, even the teacher/coach from Whitwell was there front and center. OP "CAN NOT" believe the school board did not or has not fired that teacher.

Whitwell supporters/voters did not care enough about getting their new school to simply go vote.

OP says, "SP CONTINUES TO LEAD THE WAY IN THIS VALLEY" with its community involvement.

REMEMBER

"IF YOU'RE NOT THE LEAD DOG, THE SCENARY NEVER CHANGES"

If any of the studs get hurt when you are up by several points who are you going to whine to?

I believe Coach Grider understands that beating Whitwell by 50 is not going to help him down the road with Gordonsville, Trousdale, Friendship Christian etc. If any of those studs get hurt SP might not be there come December.

Old Pirate says, SP was approached about a new gym,later the prospect of obtaining the gym and other building needs for the county,including a new school for Whitwell were presented to each city for approval of the proposed tax increase and their relinguishing their portion of the taxes to fund the county building program. SP folks led the way with voters on passing the tax increase. SP has been since we all can remember been the center of tax revenue in the county until recently with Kimball now the main tax base within the county. Whitwell had teacher/coaches sending letters home to the parents advising them if they called elected officials and expressed their disagreement with the SP gym and it's proposed plan as presented to each city before the tax vote their kids would get a "bump" of 5 points to their kids grades. MANY, Whitwell supporters showed up at the county meeting in an attempt to shoot down the SP gym project. YES, even the teacher/coach from Whitwell was there front and center. OP "CAN NOT" believe the school board did not or has not fired that teacher.

Whitwell supporters/voters did not care enough about getting their new school to simply go vote.

OP says, "SP CONTINUES TO LEAD THE WAY IN THIS VALLEY" with its community involvement.

REMEMBER

"IF YOU'RE NOT THE LEAD DOG, THE SCENARY NEVER CHANGES"

who was it old pirate your info is always pretty accurate? Which coach or teacher was it?

Unfortunately the kids will pay for the adults motor mouthing regarding the SP gym and their efforts to stop the build. The dogs will not be called off at anytime, look for the pirates to inflect as much pain as possible. This "will" be ugly.

First of all, I want to say that in the few times that I have witnessed SP play, the coaches seem first class. They are obvioulsy doing a great job with the team and I am sure and have seen where they could have run the score up on many teams and haven't.

I hope the coaches continue to be first class IF given the opportunity to run up the score or Embarrass any team (including Whitwell). What good does it do to try to punish STUDENTS who have done nothing in the given situation??? What would the coaches be teaching our athletes??? What will it accomplish??? Will that make YOU feel better??? If so, it says a lot about you. I don't know the details of the situation but it seems to have nothing to do with football. I believe the coaches at South Pitt ARE first class and will do the right thing. As someone has already mentioned it wouldn't be smart to risk your starters getting injured over a community issue.

I hate to barg in on a topic but Im new to all this. I attended the South Pitt - Tyner game friday night ( and what a game) and I just wanted to say thank you to the fans at South Pitt. You all made us feel welcome, and were extremely gracious. Again thank you, and yes I hope we do meet later in the year. Good luck.

84 Tiger