Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I my gosh I can't believe someone was so insensitive. Someone said something about BA without facts or prove. Violation of Rule #1 on the BA coacht Board. Get out the crying towels. I forgot 32Skidoo (or Brandon100 or whoever you are since you probably have more than 1 screen name) you were just being sarcastic again. Wanted everyone to believe you're really not like that just jerking everyones chain (especially those dumb hics in East Tenn) so you can sit back and have some fun entertainment. If that's all your after why not go spend your days at Opryland. Oh I forgot it's not there any more. It's Bass Pro Mills now with a few other outlets and shops attached.

You are taking this way too personally. This IS "entertainment" and fun and I was joking or "jerking chains". I have not called anyone a name that I can recall, not "dumb hic" for sure. I guess the Opryland remark was intended to be hurtful, because you assumed that I like amusement parks more than shopping. It would have hurt worse if you would have said that I am stuck in the middle of a bunch of liberal democrats and you are living it up in the land of Republicans. That is my deep down burning envy of East TN. No fair using that on me since I gave it up.

With Skidoo doing all the talking now, I wonder here Mr. "P" is??

hmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Let me tell you a parable.

A fisherman gets bored on a weekend afternoon. He decides to go fish, but doesn't really want to wait it out to catch the biggest bass in the lake. He thinks for a bit about what might get a quick response and be some fun for a short while. What does he do? He goes down to the dock, throws some fish guts in the water, and waits (not for long) for the little bluegills to rise to the bait and bite. It's really not that much fun to catch them, but kind of entertaining to watch them keep rising to the bait. So entertaining, in fact, that he throws chum into the water for the next day or so. Ultimately, however, it gets to be boring, so the fisherman leaves. Most other fishermen would have found it boring much sooner. Incredibly, the bluegills keep rising, even though the chum is gone. The fisherman watches from his cabin through binoculars for a while, then goes on to something else. Another fisherman notices the bluegill rising, and dumps some more junk in the water.

What a silly activity...certainly for the fishermen, but also for the bluegills.

...but apparently they will rise to virtually any bait, and the fishermen are too easily amused.

If you read the next post, you would have noticed that Soly and I were joking around. I have noticed most of you do not let the facts stop you from being offended, however.

Thats a hit and run right? Take a shot and then try to retract in the next post after somebody calls you out on it? You and Brandon sure have your own version of "reality". This has been a lot of fun. I am going to try and find something more grownup to spend my off time with though. Like visiting my daughter at the after school program where she works with kindergarten and first graders.

By the way did you know George Quarles is in his ninth year as head coach and has yet to lose his tenth game? No wonder the Head Master at BA wanted him so bad. And I am sorry Coach Quarles likes Maryville so much. Sure has you and Brandon frustrated. Try not to be so bitter though. I do think playoffs should be taken into consideration though. Having to win five games for a title is tough. Of course you guys don't have to do that do you? What do you play like two playoff games including the title game? Is it like there is a game at Noon and then the third team takes on the winner that evening for the title? I have never really known, I just knew your season usually ends a lot sooner than ours do. Don't you usually end up playing someone in your own region? Sounds kind of boring.

Well nice visiting with you boys. Again try not to be so bitter towards us. We are just a 4A team trying to do our best. We dont make up the National Rankings and we know they are based on the entire past six years or so. We had basically the same type schedule 11 years ago when we went 5-5 and no one seemed to care. That dadgum Coach Quarles sure makes people mad at us, question our manhood and discredit what we have done. I think we will keep him though. So when Potter slips up in the Country Club Division tell Mr Headmaster not to waste his time. Thanks for the "entertainment" and tell Brandon I hope he sells a big mansion in Brentwood real soon!

Thats a hit and run right? Take a shot and then try to retract in the next post after somebody calls you out on it? You and Brandon sure have your own version of "reality". This has been a lot of fun. I am going to try and find something more grownup to spend my off time with though. Like visiting my daughter at the after school program where she works with kindergarten and first graders.

By the way did you know George Quarles is in his ninth year as head coach and has yet to lose his tenth game? No wonder the Head Master at BA wanted him so bad. And I am sorry Coach Quarles likes Maryville so much. Sure has you and Brandon frustrated. Try not to be so bitter though. I do think playoffs should be taken into consideration though. Having to win five games for a title is tough. Of course you guys don't have to do that do you? What do you play like two playoff games including the title game? Is it like there is a game at Noon and then the third team takes on the winner that evening for the title? I have never really known, I just knew your season usually ends a lot sooner than ours do. Don't you usually end up playing someone in your own region? Sounds kind of boring.

Well nice visiting with you boys. Again try not to be so bitter towards us. We are just a 4A team trying to do our best. We dont make up the National Rankings and we know they are based on the entire past six years or so. We had basically the same type schedule 11 years ago when we went 5-5 and no one seemed to care. That dadgum Coach Quarles sure makes people mad at us, question our manhood and discredit what we have done. I think we will keep him though. So when Potter slips up in the Country Club Division tell Mr Headmaster not to waste his time. Thanks for the "entertainment" and tell Brandon I hope he sells a big mansion in Brentwood real soon!

"Hit and run"? This all means waaaay too much to you mhs. You have names for message board techniques and called plays. Bringing your family up, trying win my admiration. I am glad that matters to you, but this situation is not serious enough that you need to go to all that trouble.

I did not know that about Coach Quarles, but I am not surprised. I know that he is a great coach that coaches a great program, that in my opinion, plays a weak schedule. All of that would contribute toward avoiding that 10th win.

You are correct about our play-off format. The 2-3 games we play are against quality opponents - no cupcakes. We won 9 state championships with all schools combined and only 1 when we were grouped with MBA, Father Ryan, etc.

Trust me - it is a tougher road now. Climbing two mountains is tougher than running over 5 hills. We chose to play in the highest classification available to us. Just like we did the years just before the separation. If I were you, I would be happy with the 8 state championship system. Maryville had not won a championship since 1978 and until they watered it down. They may have still won them. I am just mentioning a fact.

Nice visiting with you, as well. I am not bitter with you guys at all. I would just like to see you guys in some huge match ups. I bet you would too, if you spoke without being so defensive. The reason no one seemed to care when you were 5-5, is that it is not as compelling to see a 5-5 team play a powerful team. It is compelling see to powers play each other.

I have mentioned this on several occasions, but I want to make it clear again. I respect Maryville and think they are one of the greatest programs in the state. We are 0-2 against Maryville and the best team won both of those games. Our BA admin people would not have solicited GQ, if they did not feel the same. I have brought up some non flattering facts during my jousts with you guys, but my main point of agreement (I did not bring this topic up) was that I would love to see Maryville in some huge games. Not to expose them, but for my fun and entertainment - yours too. Some of you guys get too wound up and angry over some message board chatting.

I tell you what.You schedule some of our cupcake teams here in east Tennessee and you beat them then you can give this thread more legitimacy. what you see on a schedule doesn`t always show how hard or easy the teams are to beat .So until then you can not speek with any authority on this subject.Go ahead schedule William Blount, Alcoa they are always looking to play someone Central and beat them then you can give your evaluation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ken Colquette used to do at Marion County what Brandon is wanting Maryville to do. Colquette used to play up to make Marion better. He played upper division schools regardless of the outcome. It only helped Marion come play-off time. Marion played Baylor when they were ranked, Shelbyville when they were ranked, Soddy Daisy (on Soddy's homecoming) when they were ranked and beat all of them. He scheduled Alabama power Etowah County when Patrick Nix(Auburn) was quarterback. Marion lost that game, but got better for doing so. Colquette also scrimmaged the toughest teams around including Cleveland and Riverdale. Playing these teams helped MC to beat the Brentwoods, MUS's, and Maryvilles come play-off time. It just makes you a better program.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A story from a few years ago at Vanderbilt stadium.

After my Rebels had disposed of Brentwood Academy in the 1978 AA finals, and beat them for the second time in 3 years, I went to Men's restroom and inside met an interesting young fellow.

As we stood there, this young man said he was a Brentwood Academy fan and didn't really care who won because he was too young. However the poor little fellow had tears in his little eyes. I gave him the hankerchief out of my pocket and he wiped his eyes.

He then thanked me, looked me over very closely and said, "Mister not only do I envy your football team, I envy you."

You are taking this way too personally. This IS "entertainment" and fun and I was joking or "jerking chains". I have not called anyone a name that I can recall, not "dumb hic" for sure. I guess the Opryland remark was intended to be hurtful, because you assumed that I like amusement parks more than shopping. It would have hurt worse if you would have said that I am stuck in the middle of a bunch of liberal democrats and you are living it up in the land of Republicans. That is my deep down burning envy of East TN. No fair using that on me since I gave it up.

Ever thought that I might just be having fun too. Thought I would see if I could get you to ride as much into a post as you and Brandon. Gotta go now and work on my R----skills. Gotta refine them. Because if you don't get caught, then noone can prove it, therefore it never happened and then its ok to do.