Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

here's the thing. when Maryville moves to 5A they will still be good. They just wont be a powerhouse like they are in 4A. MAryville wil take about 3 or 4 years to really feel the impact. Once they arent able to play their young guys after the 1st quater every game and those young guys become juniors and senoirs w/o any varsity experience. thats how maryville stays good year after year. its b/c their players already have plenty of experience.

" it will be a different story when they gotta fight to win every week."

That would be true if it were actually fact. 5A regions 1 & 2 have very good teams. But they have some that certainly aren't. Actually, 4A Region 3 has had a pretty good run of excellent teams. Knox Central, Halls & Powell come to mind.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess a dead link and an alleged quote from someone would be backing something up with a "cobrajet fact" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is a link for you cobra: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/ There is bound to be something going on in your life which might require you to site this as a source. Elvis sighting, UFO, etc. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That`s funny .

Some kids are on financial aid, but no one goes for free. Actually, few recieve aid. 32Skeedo has two kids there. Many alumni send their children there because of how good it was to them as a kid, and it is not uncommon to see families send several kids through the years. The school is that good to send your kids to. Tuition for each kid is over $15K, not including meals, books, activities, etc.

Not doubting the quality of the education at all, and i'm sure you're just as fed up with the "R" word as we are at MHS.

especially with People that "Know for a fact", it does however amaze me that with so few students to choose from you guys have tremendous athletic programs. thats why i asked about financial aid students.

I WAS questioning your intelligence...but now I have no question that you have a major lack of it.

WB has made it to the playoffs seven out of the last eight years and beaten the #1 seed twice during that period.

This isn't about the past, though, is it?

WB is a power this year, which is all that counts.

Ask Dobyns-Bennett about WB. Ask Ooltewah...last year's 5A Semi-Finalist about WB. Ask MARYVILLE...about WB and Alcoa and have them tell you who the power is.

1) why ask Alcoa?? For the past three years, W.B. A.K.A. "Power" has refused to play a 2A team Alcoa

2) Maryville beat W.B.

3) W.B. has one legit win over Ooltewah, however D.B. is sporting a whopping 3-3 record this year

1) why ask Alcoa?? For the past three years, W.B. A.K.A. "Power" has refused to play a 2A team Alcoa

2) Maryville beat W.B.

3) W.B. has one legit win over Ooltewah, however D.B. is sporting a whopping 3-3 record this year

he said ask Maryville about WB and alcoa & ask them (Maryville) who the power is however WB should play alcoa

if they can.

Not doubting the quality of the education at all, and i'm sure you're just as fed up with the "R" word as we are at MHS.

especially with People that "Know for a fact", it does however amaze me that with so few students to choose from you guys have tremendous athletic programs. thats why i asked about financial aid students.

Mat, I bet there have been many families over the years that moved to the Maryville zone, so their kids could be part of the great tradition and program that has been built. No one talked them into it or offered them anything. They knew of the Maryville reputation and they wanted what they felt was best for their child. That, also, happens at BA. A family might think that BA is a better fit for their child than their zoned school. They come to admissions day and apply. We have great facilities and coaches that work hard, which is a big part of things, of course.

WOW...I didn't know I was bashing "everybody" on this board...I thought I was bashing a schedule to get a discussion going......Now I am bashing EVERYBODY on this board..... Wow....here we go again.......every player is a "cupcake". We are talking about a measly football schedule with weak teams.....not individuals.

As far as the 10 commandments, you have to read the posts to understand..I didn't start it in the post......I said EVERYONE in TN is a fundamentalist Christian?????Maybe I missed something......I said you were ignorant people????Please back up everything you have said. I told the poster to take it to another board or PM me. What the poster was saying had no bearing on the thread. There is nothing on this thread that says anything like what you are saying. I am the most narrow minded individual you have ever encountered because I questioned Maryville's weak schedule?????

Just read your own post. If your as intelligent as you think, it should make perfect sense.

A Brentwood Academy fan saying Maryville has a big ego. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I remember going with my oldest brother to the BA vs Cleveland 4A Championship game in 1993 that Cleveland won. I never heard fans that whined so much in my life. I sat on the BA side because one of my brother's friends had a son that went to BA. All I heard was BA fans wanting Coach Flatt fired. I heard several fans say the game passed Carlton Flatt by. This was in 1993. BA from 1980-1993 won 7 State Titles and was runner up 3 times. Yeah fire his butt! That would be like Maryville fans wanting Quarles fired if Maryville doesn't win state this year. I remember telling my brothers buddy that I can't believe that BA fans want Flatt fired. That guy told me BA fans arent happy unless they go 15-0 and dominate everyone.

You sat near some fans that were extremely disappointed after a bitter defeat. If you sat near them in 95 and 96 during the 5A title games, they probably wanted him to be President of the United States. If your point is that BA fans can be emotional, I will take your word for it.

Now, if GQ ever played anyone that had a chance of beating him, you might see some Maryville fans getting a little edgy. You have no idea how hectic things can get outside of the Cupcake Zone.

I have never heard a Maryville fan say they want Quarles fired. Even after the MOWest loss in 2003 you never heard anyone blast Quarles.

I'd just be honored that BA fans conversed with you. When I lived there, I think I went to three games there and am still waiting for a BA fan to say anything besides "thanks" I handed them my money to get it or "here's you go" when I bought a coke.

MBA fans, on the other hands, are great and really nice. (Better concessions too.)

You sat near some fans that were extremely disappointed after a bitter defeat. If you sat near them in 95 and 96 during the 5A title games, they probably wanted him to be President of the United States. If your point is that BA fans can be emotional, I will take your word for it.

Now, if GQ ever played anyone that had a chance of beating him, you might see some Maryville fans getting a little edgy. You have no idea how hectic things can get outside of the Cupcake Zone.

Honestly, this years BA schedule looks doable. Some of those on your schdule aren't so good. But, I guess you have to play them anyway?