Macon Co?

geo1126

Can anyone tell me this, What Would Clint Do?? I don't want to say that all coaches are right all the time. But i do feel that it seems that with Macon Co. there are a small percentage of parents who make it their job to cause a coach as much trouble as they possible can. Some feel it is in the name of their child, some in the name of the program, and some just in the name. Most of the parents are not trouble, but the ones that are, are the parents who either never played, or never got involved until their child played. Then all of a sudden they are the most knowledgable person in world when it comes to sports. And they now realize how awful the coach is. I just wish i knew what ole Clint would do? And i want to hear someone else tell me that they heard the coaches make that remark about the mother 1buck2. I find that hard to believe any of lafayette's coaches would have said that! Who else heard it? Now the sissy remark! Grow Up! I know ole coach clint has said a few words worst than that! and a few other coaches. It is really sad what is happening at lafayette. Why don't they switch coaches with RBS and MCHS! Yea, let Cook see what it is like with no pressure and let Boles see the real world! No i take that back, I am sure ole Boles is getting his share of s--t. The best thing for Cook is to leave MCHS and find a school that would respect him and support him. And what about his poor wife! You know that is the worst job in the world! A Coach's wife. She set in the stands and hears all the remarks and knows who says them. Good Luck to all. But I bet it ain't over!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me this, What Would Clint Do?? I don't want to say that all coaches are right all the time. But i do feel that it seems that with Macon Co. there are a small percentage of parents who make it their job to cause a coach as much trouble as they possible can. Some feel it is in the name of their child, some in the name of the program, and some just in the name. Most of the parents are not trouble, but the ones that are, are the parents who either never played, or never got involved until their child played. Then all of a sudden they are the most knowledgable person in world when it comes to sports. And they now realize how awful the coach is. I just wish i knew what ole Clint would do? And i want to hear someone else tell me that they heard the coaches make that remark about the mother 1buck2. I find that hard to believe any of lafayette's coaches would have said that! Who else heard it? Now the sissy remark! Grow Up! I know ole coach clint has said a few words worst than that! and a few other coaches. It is really sad what is happening at lafayette. Why don't they switch coaches with RBS and MCHS! Yea, let Cook see what it is like with no pressure and let Boles see the real world! No i take that back, I am sure ole Boles is getting his share of s--t. The best thing for Cook is to leave MCHS and find a school that would respect him and support him. And what about his poor wife! You know that is the worst job in the world! A Coach's wife. She set in the stands and hears all the remarks and knows who says them. Good Luck to all. But I bet it ain't over!

Hotdog, I can't tell you precisely what "ole Clint" would do, but the behavior posted on here

would not be tolerated by the coach, fans, or other parents. This is a very close knit community,

especially when it comes to football. A very important part of the success here for generations.

The are rare occasions when a parent gets the idea his kid is the next Heisman winner, but it

doesn't last long. If a kid has the ability & desire, he will play. If not he won't. If he gets peed

off & walks off & quits, business goes on as usual. It goes back to the old saying, "united we

stand, divided we fall". "Politics" has always been a problem in Macon Co,, and not just in

football. I was born & raised in the Western end of the county ( Siloam), went to school

there for 12 yrs. I am very familiar with the issue. It's not likely to change.

The school board might be a good place to start getting rid of the folks that hire & fire coaches.

As long as these trouble makers have someone to go to & get their way, it will continue.

Good luck!

The school board HAS been part of the problem, though. They are receptive to the controversies (and are at times actually involved directly in them) and are at times as split as the community is. I also feel for the coach's wives as well. With the passion that is felt at times on the hill I am not too sure you could even feel safe...remember, this is a place where about 20 years ago a vice-principal was nearly beat to DEATH, at school, by some out-of-control parents who felt the school was asking too much out of their kids. Not a conducive atmosphere for learning...

The good ole politics of Macon County. I was born and raised here myself and I have seen alot of things that I think some of the so called righetoues folks that set upon the board should have already been fired and let go and get people in there that do care about the kids. You would really think that someone would want some success here and see good things happen. I almost think they don't give a care about the football program cause this always seems to be an issue every few years or so. Too many BIG I's and little u's if you ask me....

Grunt you are correct! Clint and the whole town wouldn't put up with what is going on in Macon co. If a parent started on Clint i feel that that parent wouldn't make it to Clint, they would be stopped by somebody before it ever happened. It is a shame. I heard from several people that it is the same ole set of parents that are causing the problem. You know their kids are confused! How can they ever do any good! I don't know if it can ever stop now that it has gone this far. Some of the parents feel they can just sit in the stands and say awful things about the coach, and now, to his face. No respect. And i know there are more good parents who back and support the program. But what i cannot stand is the parent who will tell you how they support the program and then talk about the coaches like they are dogs! Some will set in the stands and complaint about everything the Coaches do and then say they support the program! Or talk about another kid on the team and expect this to help their son? The ones that are causing the problem are a sorry bunch and i hope they get what they deserve!! I wish some parent or fan like hartsville would shut them up!! This is a true example that happened last year. One of the coaches moved a player from one position to another thinking the kid would help the team and himself at this position. When the parent found out that their child wasn't going to play that position they called the coach a liar for changing the player's position. Also said he made the change only because the parents of the other kid was kissing the coach's a--. The kid still played, still started and was the best at his new position. But this didn't matter to the parents. they wanted their child to play in the key position. To be noticed, not help the team. I heard this parent jumb the coach! There are about 4 to 6 parents that are causing the problem and they are jerks that know very little about the sports and are hurting their kids much, much, much more than the coach ever could! This group of parents will never see their kids have a winning season no matter who coaches. You wait and see. I am talking about the freshmen here. You mark my word. Keep up with that group. they will never be on a winning team! If one of the good parents read this take my advice, move your kid to another team and get away from these loosers! I am sorry for Cook, it is not his fault! Even a more experienced coach would have trouble with these parents because they too would not get the support needed from the community, administration, parents, other players etc. I would love to see the other players put so much pressure on these parents that they would just make their kids quit! That is if their kids are like them. If the kids are not like the parents then it is a shame. Maybe the kid should quit to shut up the parents. Sorry i am rambling. I don't know what will work! If the team had an old fashion meeting and decided that they were going to back their coach come heck or high water or if they couldn't to quit. That would help. Then maybe the kids could ask their parents to not come to the games anymore. I know some of these parents and they are not what you call leaders of the community. They are known to cause trouble in all kinds of dealing. They are not well liked in the community because of the trouble they seem to bring with them. I just hate to see so few hurt so many! I wonder how the QB club is doing? Coach Cook's Dad is the president and many of the members are the trouble makers. One even an officers. And Cook's Dad is as nice of a guy as you will meet. But he will take up for his son and you don't want to #### him off. He is a God fearing person but don't push him! It would make my day to see him set a few of these people straight. Sorry for the rambling.

Grunt you are correct! Clint and the whole town wouldn't put up with what is going on in Macon co. If a parent started on Clint i feel that that parent wouldn't make it to Clint, they would be stopped by somebody before it ever happened. It is a shame. I heard from several people that it is the same ole set of parents that are causing the problem. You know their kids are confused! How can they ever do any good! I don't know if it can ever stop now that it has gone this far. Some of the parents feel they can just sit in the stands and say awful things about the coach, and now, to his face. No respect. And i know there are more good parents who back and support the program. But what i cannot stand is the parent who will tell you how they support the program and then talk about the coaches like they are dogs! Some will set in the stands and complaint about everything the Coaches do and then say they support the program! Or talk about another kid on the team and expect this to help their son? The ones that are causing the problem are a sorry bunch and i hope they get what they deserve!! I wish some parent or fan like hartsville would shut them up!! This is a true example that happened last year. One of the coaches moved a player from one position to another thinking the kid would help the team and himself at this position. When the parent found out that their child wasn't going to play that position they called the coach a liar for changing the player's position. Also said he made the change only because the parents of the other kid was kissing the coach's a--. The kid still played, still started and was the best at his new position. But this didn't matter to the parents. they wanted their child to play in the key position. To be noticed, not help the team. I heard this parent jumb the coach! There are about 4 to 6 parents that are causing the problem and they are jerks that know very little about the sports and are hurting their kids much, much, much more than the coach ever could! This group of parents will never see their kids have a winning season no matter who coaches. You wait and see. I am talking about the freshmen here. You mark my word. Keep up with that group. they will never be on a winning team! If one of the good parents read this take my advice, move your kid to another team and get away from these loosers! I am sorry for Cook, it is not his fault! Even a more experienced coach would have trouble with these parents because they too would not get the support needed from the community, administration, parents, other players etc. I would love to see the other players put so much pressure on these parents that they would just make their kids quit! That is if their kids are like them. If the kids are not like the parents then it is a shame. Maybe the kid should quit to shut up the parents. Sorry i am rambling. I don't know what will work! If the team had an old fashion meeting and decided that they were going to back their coach come heck or high water or if they couldn't to quit. That would help. Then maybe the kids could ask their parents to not come to the games anymore. I know some of these parents and they are not what you call leaders of the community. They are known to cause trouble in all kinds of dealing. They are not well liked in the community because of the trouble they seem to bring with them. I just hate to see so few hurt so many! I wonder how the QB club is doing? Coach Cook's Dad is the president and many of the members are the trouble makers. One even an officers. And Cook's Dad is as nice of a guy as you will meet. But he will take up for his son and you don't want to #### him off. He is a God fearing person but don't push him! It would make my day to see him set a few of these people straight. Sorry for the rambling.

Please, shut up, before you stir it all up again. It's easy to say all this behind a computer. Say it to their face and let this go. p.s. no trouble to tell who you are, thats why I put this nicely.

Please, shut up, before you stir it all up again. It's easy to say all this behind a computer. Say it to their face and let this go. p.s. no trouble to tell who you are, thats why I put this nicely.

so strongside... if you put it nicely because you know who hotdog is... does that mean your scared of em'? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

so strongside... if you put it nicely because you know who hotdog is... does that mean your scared of em'? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh boy a cat fight /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

same thing goes on at most schools i would think , mommy & daddy always want to call the plays and make out the starting lineups ...that probably will never change. my hats off to all the coaches who deal with this everyday under enormous pressure sometimes , no wonder they make some of those horrible decisions on friday night lol i think those hartsville boys said it best " winners train and losers complain "

same thing goes on at most schools i would think , mommy & daddy always want to call the plays and make out the starting lineups ...that probably will never change. my hats off to all the coaches who deal with this everyday under enormous pressure sometimes , no wonder they make some of those horrible decisions on friday night lol i think those hartsville boys said it best " winners train and losers complain "

Ditto!! You nailed it.

This is so typical macon county!!!!! I have always liked the tigers and have always cheered for them when they weren't playing the jackets that is. I have lots of friends and family in lafayette and would like to see them successful. This is not the first rodeo for this program i've heard of coaching controversies up there as long as i can remember and some very good coaches have been ran off. Please take some advice SHUT UP AND LET THE COACHES COACH. People are not always gonna like what coaches do but if they are descent coaches stability will improve your program. example i'm sure that some folks in Gordonsville don't like Dillard or some in Westmoreland don't like Kelley or some in Hartsville don't like Clint or some in SC don't like Maynord. MY point being these teams may not win the state every year but they will always be a fierce competitor even in { down years}. They will always field a team that will know the coaches philosophy and know what is expected of them. The reason why they know these things is thru stability they grow up in it it's all they know. If you change coaches every three years how do you plan to ever be successful? I hope that the young coach at Macon can keep his head up and come thru this thing on top. I don't know coach Cook but i here he is a pretty good coach. I just hope for the best for the tigers and maybe all this controversy will blow over.

P.S. I sure am glad to be a yellow jacket!!!!!