Macon Co?

geo1126

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon will play the same schedule next year as they have this year with the sites being opposite.

Macon Co. will have a shot to win in their final game at DeKalb Co. in several weeks but they are going to lose when they play Station Camp & Greenbrier.

I am not allowed to state my official opinion on the Sycamore game because it is a WQSV broadcasted game in week eight. That game will be very tough for the Tigers (as well as the War Eagles).

Their future will hold what they make it. Odds keep stacking up against them and I know it looks bad. The last few years with the team coming up which is hard like the rest they seem too hang with them just fine. I know this is a different group and I guess people will think I am crazy thinking we even have a chance huh? Well, guys still time to redeem yourself and not too late either. If you guys really think you are washed up and all done and your season is over with then well give up. I just don't believe all of you feel that way myself. Those of you that don't feel that way step up and help the other ones that need a push. I told ya, you still have some that do believe in you. You gotta believe in yourselves. We have been through worse times than these and you know it and everyone pulled together. Time to push up Tigers only place to go now is up don't stay down there on the bottom push back up come on /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Their future will hold what they make it. Odds keep stacking up against them and I know it looks bad. The last few years with the team coming up which is hard like the rest they seem too hang with them just fine. I know this is a different group and I guess people will think I am crazy thinking we even have a chance huh? Well, guys still time to redeem yourself and not too late either. If you guys really think you are washed up and all done and your season is over with then well give up. I just don't believe all of you feel that way myself. Those of you that don't feel that way step up and help the other ones that need a push. I told ya, you still have some that do believe in you. You gotta believe in yourselves. We have been through worse times than these and you know it and everyone pulled together. Time to push up Tigers only place to go now is up don't stay down there on the bottom push back up come on /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well rite now we are havin alot of problems with our parents tryin to coach and we had a freshman game thursday night and the parents acted like a bunch of immature teenagers and the ref told coach cook it was the worst bunch of people he had ever seen so in responce to that he cancelled the freshman games and when the freshman parents heard about this they went off and they are causeing alot of other problems i can't say on here but if your a parent and reading this please either grow up come to the game sit down and watch it and when its over get in your vehicle and go home or just don't come at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well rite now we are havin alot of problems with our parents tryin to coach and we had a freshman game thursday night and the parents acted like a bunch of immature teenagers and the ref told coach cook it was the worst bunch of people he had ever seen so in responce to that he cancelled the freshman games and when the freshman parents heard about this they went off and they are causeing alot of other problems i can't say on here but if your a parent and reading this please either grow up come to the game sit down and watch it and when its over get in your vehicle and go home or just don't come at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all. you don't half of it. I have kin at macon, and I live else where's. It;s people like you that don't know the whole story, that stirs stuff up. know facts and not what you want to hear, or just be quite.

Everything I have heard has been pretty much what truetigerfan said. Basically, ONCE AGAIN you have a bunch of idiots that want to ruin anything that a coach in Macon does. Im not saying everything that Coach Cook does is correct or that I agree with it, but I know he sees them more in practice than I do so I guess he knows who should be playing and what they should be doing. Like I said before there are a few idiots that want to run everything and have and will continue to tear up good staffs. They did it a few years ago and tore up what in my opinion was one of the two best coaching staffs that has ever been in Macon. They don't realize that not only do they look stupid by doing it, but they are also hurting the kids when they run off a coach every two or three years. Until this kind of stupid act stops Macon will not consistently have a shot. Too much controversy equals everyone thinking about something else (including players) and no one fully focused on the task at hand. Just my opinion and we will see what happens, but for the adults GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one comes into your place of employment and tries to get you fired so why should you be allowed to do the same. For you bigstick I would like to hear the "real story" since what is being told didn't really happen according to you and your kin. Pretty sure with that statement your kin must be one of the ring leaders. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I was at that ballgame and I can tell you....it has all been blown WAY out of proportion......for what reason... I'm not sure but I do know that there was no more said at that ballgame than any other I've ever been to and I can say I've been to plenty....not only at Macon but surrounding teams as well. I did not hear any cussing nor fowl language and I never heard not one person yell at the Macon coaching staff about anything. I have at past games but not at this particular game. I did hear a few yell "put the rest of your Juniors in"...referring to the fact that the opposing team was made up of not only freshman but upperclassmen as well. In my opinion, I'm glad to see Macon freshman playing upperclassmen, no they don't always win but they learn a whole lot more playing upperclassmen than they would a freshman only team. I guess some people would rather play freshman only teams just to better they're chances of a win but I would rather the team be challenged and learn for the future and this team of freshman certainly have a bright one if the coaching staff and community will let them.

The crowd was small and I tend to tone out the noise but I really feel like if things had gotten as bad as everyone is trying to let on, I certainly would have taken notice of that fact. I've seen many games where the crowd itself has gotten warnings and penalties over getting carried away yet in this game no warnings, no penalties, nothing. Now don't you think that if it was as bad as people are trying to make out that at least a warning would have gone out to the crowd?

Yes, there were people yelling at the refs but what football game have you EVER been to where that didn't happen. When the ref didn't call a blatant face mask....yes there was yelling and when a block in the back was called when it was clearly not a block in the back...yes there was yelling, when blatant things happened and no calls were made...yes there was yelling but it that's not expected then the refs need to find new jobs cause they don't have the backbone for this one. I'm afraid those types of things always have and will always happen and they are to be expected.

Can you really believe that an entire ball game can be played with freshman players and they only had 2 penalties between both teams the entire game..........doesn't happen. Most penalties are not intentional but come on...be realistic, freshman screw up and you are going to have penalties. Yes, the crowd was yelling "do you have a flag", "Oh my gawd, he does have a flag" when they finally threw one but come on ........I really don't think that is anything to get sooooo upset about...do you?

I was there the entire game and for several minutes afterwards and I never saw a single person confront anyone from the opposing team/coaches/opposing fans nor the refs with threats or anything near it so how people are coming up with such nonsense is beyond me.

If the coaching staff doesn't think these kinds of things and worse are said at every game...then they haven't been listening too closely. Maybe the headsets, the cheerleaders, the band, the larger crowds and what not drown out the most of it.........but the same things are said and I've been to every game, high school and freshman.......heck they even say the same things at the Pee Wee and Jr High games that I've attended....it's just for some reason, someone took great offense this time..........and I really wish I understood why? I've seen refs threatened, coaches threatened and more at other area games (not Macon) but none of that took place at this game nor came anywhere near it that I could see. I think someone just wants to stir up things to take the light off the losing myself but that's just my opinion.

There was a recent letter to the editor of the Macon county paper addressed to the head football coach and it wasn't very nice ...maybe it all stems from that, feelings hurt, feathers ruffled etc.....maybe it's the fact that the high school team and the freshman team are both having a lossing season (again), who knows but what I do know is that those young boys have given those coaches and that community everything they've got over the last several months and it is very unfair of anyone to cancel the remainder of their season.......those boys did nothing wrong but they are the ones being punished. Does the coach not think he will lose a bit a respect from those players over being too hot tempered and quck to cancel their season? He's doing this to them and yes they will remember.

In my opinion...no one deserves punishment........because nothing out of the norm happened!

Trouble in Tigertown? I know that there are two sides to every coin. It sounds like Coach Cook and Staff worked up the Freshman Schedule to give the young players more playtime and experience. I have sat in the stands and heard negative comments from the crowd, fussing and even cursing. Yes, it is frustrating for the spectator. But what about the morale of the young men and women who take part in athletics? What about the extra curricular activities such as the band, volleyball, baaeball, softball, etc...? Parents often times act worse in public than their children. Please remember folks, these are young people playing these sports. Parents should stop trying to relive their "Glory Days" through their children.

Trouble in Tigertown? I know that there are two sides to every coin. It sounds like Coach Cook and Staff worked up the Freshman Schedule to give the young players more playtime and experience. I have sat in the stands and heard negative comments from the crowd, fussing and even cursing. Yes, it is frustrating for the spectator. But what about the morale of the young men and women who take part in athletics? What about the extra curricular activities such as the band, volleyball, baaeball, softball, etc...? Parents often times act worse in public than their children. Please remember folks, these are young people playing these sports. Parents should stop trying to relive their "Glory Days" through their children.

Amen. I hope they (parents) will let the coaches do the coaching. If not my 2 boys will not be playing in a few years. I think we have great coach's. Just inexperienced players who hasn't started a lot, and not much speed and size. Most of the team is really hurting right now so we need to pick em up and stop all the nonsense.