Macon Co?

geo1126

It seems Macon has always had a bunch of meddling parents. If the parents would stay out of it...they have a good young coach that will get the job done if left alone.

I know the area from several years back; and yes, they have got a LOT of meddling parents and townsfolk in that county. And it is so factioned that if you please one faction, you tick off the other. That is the reason why they cannot sustain success...anyone who knows what they are doing will eventually cross someone; or they will get smart and flee. Sad for the kids; but they can blame the parents for this.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean all the whining and crying going on over canceling a couple of meaningless freshman games. I am sure the coaches are fed up with the parents' interference. Are you serious about the rest of what you said? They will remember this throughout their careers? Heck...I doubt most can remember yesterday at that age. Canceling two freshman games means nothing. Do you really think they would cancel varsity games? There's a diffence between controversy and meddling.

Why wouldn't they remember... Cancelling two freshman games to you might be nothing and may seem meaningless and to the coaches it might mean nothing and it may seem meaningless but to those players who have worked so hard, I'm sure it means a great deal right now........in time no, I'm sure when they look back it won't seem as much of a big deal but yes right now to them sure it is.....they are kids.

If they will cancel freshman games why wouldn't they cancel high school games..........they got the power.......they can do whatever they want whenever they want.

How do you know anyone has meddled in anything...........cause you heard it here or are you just assuming it? I guess it's all just a matter of opinion and everyone seems to have one, those that were there and those that weren't but I really fail to see how anyone can make any kinds of comments good or bad if they weren't there to see it and hear it first hand.........

I mean all the whining and crying going on over canceling a couple of meaningless freshman games. I am sure the coaches are fed up with the parents' interference. Are you serious about the rest of what you said? They will remember this throughout their careers? Heck...I doubt most can remember yesterday at that age. Canceling two freshman games means nothing. Do you really think they would cancel varsity games? There's a diffence between controversy and meddling.

Bad as I hate to, I'm going with Antwitt on this one. Iv seen freshman games canceled at the drop of a hat anyway. This is just a way to say shut up to the meddling parents that evidently reside in Macon Co. Cant believe someone in Macon would be complaining about a bad call at a football game. I mentioned some bad calls earlier in the year and was raked over the coals for it by who? Macon Co. fans. I guess what goes around comes around. Twitt is right by saying anyone who gets this torn up over a freshman game has huge issues. But I mean this is Lafayette we are talking about here, its to be expected.

Why wouldn't they remember... Cancelling two freshman games to you might be nothing and may seem meaningless and to the coaches it might mean nothing and it may seem meaningless but to those players who have worked so hard, I'm sure it means a great deal right now........in time no, I'm sure when they look back it won't seem as much of a big deal but yes right now to them sure it is.....they are kids.

If they will cancel freshman games why wouldn't they cancel high school games..........they got the power.......they can do whatever they want whenever they want.

How do you know anyone has meddled in anything...........cause you heard it here or are you just assuming it? I guess it's all just a matter of opinion and everyone seems to have one, those that were there and those that weren't but I really fail to see how anyone can make any kinds of comments good or bad if they weren't there to see it and hear it first hand.........

How do I know there was meddling? Gee...they canceled the last two freshman games. Sounds like meddling to me.

No...they will not cancel varsity games. There are contracts signed for those games. So no...they will not be canceled.

Bad as I hate to, I'm going with Antwitt on this one. Iv seen freshman games canceled at the drop of a hat anyway. This is just a way to say shut up to the meddling parents that evidently reside in Macon Co. Cant believe someone in Macon would be complaining about a bad call at a football game. I mentioned some bad calls earlier in the year and was raked over the coals for it by who? Macon Co. fans. I guess what goes around comes around. Twitt is right by saying anyone who gets this torn up over a freshman game has huge issues. But I mean this is Lafayette we are talking about here, its to be expected.

What is to be expected is you getting on a macon thread and bring up bad calls again you moron.

Well you are really wrong if you think the players won't remember. It is not about if he will cancell varsity games. It is about if the players can respect their coaches. He isn't doing what he says and they are setting a poor example.

I've heard the same story from Gordonsville and Macon Co. people.

Some parents acted like fools at the freshman game causing the ref to say something to Macon Co.'s coach about not recommending any ref work anymore of their games. Then after homecoming, some of the parents confronted the coach. Sounds like the parents are in the wrong to me.

By the way, if some people were fussing about Gville playing upperclassmen, don't you think Gville's staff let Macon's staff know who they had playing. So, the coach went there knowing who he was playing against. It will only make Macon's freshmen better.

If the parents would be more like fans instead of trying to be A.D.'s, they could be successful.

Every team has rebuilding years. Give this staff some time.

You all should be happy they had freshman games to begin with, alot of schools don't even have that. But stuff like this is one reason Macon always seems to be down, people just can't let the coaches coach and the players play. People from Lafayette always seem to want to have a good program, but they drive the coaches so crazy, none of them want to hang around. If you look at the programs around Lafayette that consistantly produce quality teams, they all have stability, it just seems like Lafayette would learn after awhile.

Well you are really wrong if you think the players won't remember. It is not about if he will cancell varsity games. It is about if the players can respect their coaches. He isn't doing what he says and they are setting a poor example.

What are the precious little darlings' parents going to do when those kids are in the real world and their boss says. . . I know I promised everyone was off this weekend but you have to work? What are they going to do when their grandchildren were promised. . . whatever but. . . whatever happened and it couldn't happen? Did you get exactly what you wanted every year for christmas? If you did I feel sorry for you. Life isn't about always gettin what you want. You want things and you work hard and sacrifice for them and sometimes you still don't get exactly what you want. That's life. May as well learn to deal with it. And yes, there is ALWAYS somebody that has more control than you do. Get over yourselves people. Enjoy success but appreciate dissappointment as well. If you CAN LEARN to learn from it you can become much stronger for it. Quit being cry babies and teaching your kids to be cry babies. Yes, you can fight for what you want and stand up for your beliefs but don't expect to win EVERY time. It just doesn't happen.

You all should be happy they had freshman games to begin with, alot of schools don't even have that. But stuff like this is one reason Macon always seems to be down, people just can't let the coaches coach and the players play. People from Lafayette always seem to want to have a good program, but they drive the coaches so crazy, none of them want to hang around. If you look at the programs around Lafayette that consistantly produce quality teams, they all have stability, it just seems like Lafayette would learn after awhile.

Seems to me they haven't learned to get up, lick their wounds and live to fight another day. So you take one on the chin. Big deal, don't go throwin the blame at the refs or the coaches or even the other players for that matter. Yes, somebody has to be blamed but that isn't a fan's or a parent's job. Their job is to be supportive, positive and enthusiastic about whatever comes along. Let the blame happen in-house where it needs to happen.

All I have to say is that seeing some of the players you can see worry in their faces and lots of stress. I feel bad for the kids and I do know what happened and not getting into that. I feel bad for the guys cause this isn't fair to them by no means. You guys hang in there no matter how the rest of the season pans out. You do your best no matter what.