Macon Co?

geo1126

If you ask me, they are singing the same ole song at Macon with the 2nd generation of singers. No coach is safe at Macon as long as reality has passed the parents by. They have had some very good young coaches in the past but they did not play by the parents rules and were ran out of town. Some of these head coaches and their staff have gone on to be successful at programs not nearly as rich in tradition and supposed talent as Macon Co. The biggest difference has been the parents interference. If Coach Cook resigns, who in their right mind would take the job? Maybe they should be coached by a committee of parents, pee-wee coaches and bleacher bums. This way they have no one to blame but themselves.

1st of all as a former coach on a pee wee league, and as a parent of a freshman child i would have to say that we have always supported the coaches no matter what they are doing. I have sat in stands and listened to people saying "if we dont win this one we won't win any of them." I have defended these coaches to everyone,i respect them. I also am a proud Tiger Fan. Who as parents would want to see there child punished for something the parent did and that is how this whole thing looks. You could look at the faces of the freshman on the team and tell that they were hurt and disappointed. But they were right basck there yesterday for practice and that just goes to show that they NEVER QUIT ON THEIR COACHES OR THERE TEAM.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

referring to the fact that the opposing team was made up of not only freshman but upperclassmen as well. In my opinion, I'm glad to see Macon freshman playing upperclassmen, no they don't always win but they learn a whole lot more playing upperclassmen than they would a freshman only team. I guess some people would rather play freshman only teams just to better they're chances of a win

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GVs JR varsity is always compiled of sophmores and freshmen. Hence JR varsity. I think the biggest concern was the GV running back. Woodmore. Folks, I am sorry but he is a freshman and you will have to deal with him for 3 more years if you elect to schedule GV. He is just one of thoes exceptional kids that comes along very rarely. GV has a large team this year and there is a lot of sophmores that dont get any playing time, unless its a blowout.

I was at the game and I didnt hear anything except the down marker guy from GV saying folks were saying take out the, thought to be, upper classman running back. Plus yelling for flags. There was few flags thrown both ways. I think it was a let them play attitude. How many times have you heard it said, the refrees should stay out of the game and just let them play? This is the results when they do. I dont think anyone threatened any GV folks or players. That would have spread like wildfire.

I hope Macon county works out their problems without hurting the kids in the process. Win or loose kids just love to play. RBS is proff of that.

Also that was a good game and it was decided by just 1 point. Not like it was a blowout. That should be considered.

I understand some of the frustration from the Macon fans, but got to let the coaches do the coaching. You may not like what I have to say, but if the coaches aren't playing little junior enough, then he might need to work harder. And whether he gets better or not because of the hard work, the coaches should see the effort and will more than likely give him every opportunity to succeed. Besides, every school has upset fans, (seems to be a whole lot more schools going through that this year though.) Your kid may be the best in pee wee football, and still may be the best player on the team in grade school, but other kids get better too. The coaches see the what goes on every day in practice and you see what happens on Friday night.

here is a new saying,,,,,What Would Dyer Do...... He was the best coach in macon's history. Where is he on this topic. Cook needs to ask some others maybe before speaking his mind. This little town is the worst on Political achievements , if that is the correct grammar. Come on parents, the boys are playing their best. Let it be. Macon needs more speed and experience. Simple enough.

I think the biggest concern was the GV running back. Woodmore. Folks, I am sorry but he is a freshman and you will have to deal with him for 3 more years if you elect to schedule GV. He is just one of thoes exceptional kids that comes along very rarely.

Woodmore is an awesome player, absolutely and I'm sure he will get better year after year........I look forward to watching him mature and get better!

Also that was a good game and it was decided by just 1 point. Not like it was a blowout. That should be considered.

It was an great game........I love the close ones and typically that's what gets the crowd so excited...those kinds of games keep the crowds in the stands on game night but this time........someone took offense to it for some reason............I still don't in my mind think the season cancellation has anything to do with that game or folks doing anything at that game..............it has to be more to it than what I saw and heard. Maybe someone is carrying a big chip on their shoulder over something said or done in the past and it didn't take much to set them off ????

It's done now but that doesn't make it right. I've never had a problem with the coaches and no I don't always agree with them nor their game plans but I did just loose a great deal of respect for them over this and it won't easily be earned back. They have let those boys down......I don't care how you look at it.....those boys earned the right to play those games.......they've worked too hard for too long....they have sweated, they have puked, they have hurt, they have bleed, they have played injured when they shouldn't have, they did everything those coaches asked of them....and some of them even more than was asked.........they all stuck it out for one reason.......they wanted to PLAY.............what did all the above get them? A cancelled season! Sorry folks but the coaches dropped the ball this time!

here is a new saying,,,,,What Would Dyer Do...... He was the best coach in macon's history. Where is he on this topic. Cook needs to ask some others maybe before speaking his mind. This little town is the worst on Political achievements , if that is the correct grammar. Come on parents, the boys are playing their best. Let it be. Macon needs more speed and experience. Simple enough.

Don't you figure all the coaches are behind Cook or at least appear to be............hey, they want to keep their jobs but I'd love to know how they actually feel about it.

I think the biggest concern was the GV running back. Woodmore. Folks, I am sorry but he is a freshman and you will have to deal with him for 3 more years if you elect to schedule GV. He is just one of thoes exceptional kids that comes along very rarely.

Woodmore is an awesome player, absolutely and I'm sure he will get better year after year........I look forward to watching him mature and get better!

It was an great game........I love the close ones and typically that's what gets the crowd so excited...those kinds of games keep the crowds in the stands on game night but this time........someone took offense to it for some reason............I still don't in my mind think the season cancellation has anything to do with that game or folks doing anything at that game..............it has to be more to it than what I saw and heard. Maybe someone is carrying a big chip on their shoulder over something said or done in the past and it didn't take much to set them off ????

It's done now but that doesn't make it right. I've never had a problem with the coaches and no I don't always agree with them nor their game plans but I did just loose a great deal of respect for them over this and it won't easily be earned back. They have let those boys down......I don't care how you look at it.....those boys earned the right to play those games.......they've worked too hard for too long....they have sweated, they have puked, they have hurt, they have bleed, they have played injured when they shouldn't have, they did everything those coaches asked of them....and some of them even more than was asked.........they all stuck it out for one reason.......they wanted to PLAY.............what did all the above get them? A cancelled season! Sorry folks but the coaches dropped the ball this time!

Gee...aren't we talking about freshman games? How many more games did they have scheduled? I see why Macon is in the shape they are.

All I can say. Hang in there. Times maybe tough now, but eventually it'll turn around.

Totally agree 3putt ! Your program along with LA's are on down years. LA has about 60 players on their roster with 40 of them soph. and freshmen. So hopefully the future looks bright for them. TC has somewhat of a young team too. I have heard that their jr. program is dominating everything in their path. So the future looks bright for TC as well.

The first thing people do when their team doesn't win every game is to blame the coaches. Nearly 99.9% of the time the talent isn't there it's not the coaches. Over the last 40 years I have seen several programs in the middle tn area go thru cycles with the talent. Every school goes thru this same process. Unless your in a situation like Alcoa and other schools that have a hotbed of talent every year then your school is going to go thru a down period with talent.

Like 3 putt said "hang in there, times may be tough now, but eventually it'll turn around" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Gee...aren't we talking about freshman games? How many more games did they have scheduled? I see why Macon is in the shape they are.

They had 2 more games scheduled this year...............BUT they have 3 more years with this in the backs of their minds.! Do you honestly think they will forget it ? Dont' you think they will ask themselves every time they hear any controversy at all "Will the coach cancel the season again over this?" Sure they will!

Not sure what you are trying to say with this statement, care to clarify? "I see why Macon is in the shape they are"

They had 2 more games scheduled this year...............BUT they have 3 more years with this in the backs of their minds.! Do you honestly think they will forget it ? Dont' you think they will ask themselves every time they hear any controversy at all "Will the coach cancel the season again over this?" Sure they will!

Not sure what you are trying to say with this statement, care to clarify? "I see why Macon is in the shape they are"

I mean all the whining and crying going on over canceling a couple of meaningless freshman games. I am sure the coaches are fed up with the parents' interference. Are you serious about the rest of what you said? They will remember this throughout their careers? Heck...I doubt most can remember yesterday at that age. Canceling two freshman games means nothing. Do you really think they would cancel varsity games? There's a diffence between controversy and meddling.