Macon Co?

geo1126

How do you know anyone has meddled in anything...........cause you heard it here or are you just assuming it? I guess it's all just a matter of opinion and everyone seems to have one, those that were there and those that weren't but I really fail to see how anyone can make any kinds of comments good or bad if they weren't there to see it and hear it first hand.........

I seen it firsthand when I was there several years ago. It is rampant in that community. There are groups of parents and powerbrokers (imagined and otherwise) who want to run things there; and most of the time they are factionalized between town and country...and this makes for an almost impossible situation. And it tends to ruin almost everything there.

So yes, I know. And somehow I am not surprised. And it is not a place I would recommend for anyone to coach.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the precious little darlings' parents going to do when those kids are in the real world and their boss says. . . I know I promised everyone was off this weekend but you have to work? What are they going to do when their grandchildren were promised. . . whatever but. . . whatever happened and it couldn't happen? Did you get exactly what you wanted every year for christmas? If you did I feel sorry for you. Life isn't about always gettin what you want. You want things and you work hard and sacrifice for them and sometimes you still don't get exactly what you want. That's life. May as well learn to deal with it. And yes, there is ALWAYS somebody that has more control than you do. Get over yourselves people. Enjoy success but appreciate dissappointment as well. If you CAN LEARN to learn from it you can become much stronger for it. Quit being cry babies and teaching your kids to be cry babies. Yes, you can fight for what you want and stand up for your beliefs but don't expect to win EVERY time. It just doesn't happen.

This is more than about the freshman games. It is about respect. What kind of a coach tells the players don't tell ur parents what is said?? That tells you that he knows he should not be saying some of the things he said. If ur going to coach people will complain, thats what happens. It is how u respond that determines what type of coach u become. I have heard from Gordonsville fans that were there and Macon to, the problem is not the game last week it is what has been building for awhile. RESPECT for the players and their parents and the coaches. It is how u handle the stress that goes with the job.

This is more than about the freshman games. It is about respect. What kind of a coach tells the players don't tell ur parents what is said?? That tells you that he knows he should not be saying some of the things he said. If ur going to coach people will complain, thats what happens. It is how u respond that determines what type of coach u become. I have heard from Gordonsville fans that were there and Macon to, the problem is not the game last week it is what has been building for awhile. RESPECT for the players and their parents and the coaches. It is how u handle the stress that goes with the job.

When a coach is being undermined by parents it is disgraceful. If the player doesn't respect the coaches then he or she needs to quit. They have no business even being on the the team. Conversely, if a parent tells the player anything to contradict the coaches, they are failing in their parenting to that son or daughter. Respect goes both ways.

Here's the biggest problem. some parents agree with every thing the coaches do to their face, and act like they are for them. Then when they get around a different group. they are for them. Then run and tell, what they heard. you know who you are and , so does everybody else. they want to do it , but don't want the blame, for other reasons I want get into!

Macon Co had a few athletes on the field but the coaching was terrible. They didn't know where to go or where to line up half the time and could not tackle. They have size and alittle speed, you put that on the field with a good coach, you should win a few games. I'm not trying to belittle anyone but, thats what a saw last friday night!!! BTW Parents have nothing to do with it!!! They don't coach on the field!!!

I seen it firsthand when I was there several years ago. It is rampant in that community. There are groups of parents and powerbrokers (imagined and otherwise) who want to run things there; and most of the time they are factionalized between town and country...and this makes for an almost impossible situation. And it tends to ruin almost everything there.

So yes, I know. And somehow I am not surprised. And it is not a place I would recommend for anyone to coach.

Trust me you can't turn around without someone complaining about your job duties I know first hand I was a victim of things myself which cost me my job that I should have did something about but not going there different subject. The problem here which has been and always will be is that people get into your business and try and run the show. I am sure people maybe not agree but if things have been different and the games had of went in our direction would people have patted the coaches on the back. Come on people quit this. Let the coaches finish this out and give the guys a break. Wheather you agree or not with the way the job is done if you don't like it apply within if you want the job.

Trust me you can't turn around without someone complaining about your job duties I know first hand I was a victim of things myself which cost me my job that I should have did something about but not going there different subject. The problem here which has been and always will be is that people get into your business and try and run the show. I am sure people maybe not agree but if things have been different and the games had of went in our direction would people have patted the coaches on the back. Come on people quit this. Let the coaches finish this out and give the guys a break. Wheather you agree or not with the way the job is done if you don't like it apply within if you want the job.

this whole ordeal pisses me off so bad it makes me want to quit the team then agin i want to fight it prove everyone out there that says we ain't worth a sugar that we do have wat it takes and NO the coach hasn't ever told us not to tell our parents but personally i think wat happens at the field house and pratice should stay there and wat happens at home should stay there as i have said before just stay home we don't need you if you don't like the way things are being done . . . . . .how would you feel if you was at work and some stranger you didn't even know just walked in off the street and tried to tell you how to do your job and tried to get you fired and everything you guys are doing to our coach and all of our coaches are togther so if you get rid of one you had better get rid of all of them one goes we all go as a team!!!

this whole ordeal pisses me off so bad it makes me want to quit the team then agin i want to fight it prove everyone out there that says we ain't worth a sugar that we do have wat it takes and NO the coach hasn't ever told us not to tell our parents but personally i think wat happens at the field house and pratice should stay there and wat happens at home should stay there as i have said before just stay home we don't need you if you don't like the way things are being done . . . . . .how would you feel if you was at work and some stranger you didn't even know just walked in off the street and tried to tell you how to do your job and tried to get you fired and everything you guys are doing to our coach and all of our coaches are togther so if you get rid of one you had better get rid of all of them one goes we all go as a team!!!

Now that is how it is suspose to be as a TEAM. Actually that did happen with me with my job seriously but not going there anyhow, you guys will get through this. I know your mad and you have a right to be mad. I am mad too at the way this county does things and points fingers at people and ready too push the blame on this one and that one. I know you guys are capable of being better I know and so do other people. Mostly don't feel you have too prove something cause even if you do better there will always be those "glass half empty" people out there ready to point out more mistakes. Keep those heads up....

It seems Macon has always had a bunch of meddling parents. If the parents would stay out of it...they have a good young coach that will get the job done if left alone.

twing twang

would you meddle if an asst coach told your son he was a sissy for playing WR, and the kid thought he meant it?

would you meddle if an asst coach said openly that he would like to play football with some kids mom. She could be the center and he would be the quarterback. All this said in front of her husband and her SON (the player).

You tell me what would you do in these situations????

That was well put!!!!All I got to say is, whoever can fix this , Please go to the middle east and bring peace because all these fights have been since the beginning( or at least Isaac and Ismael for all the bible readers)

twing twang

would you meddle if an asst coach told your son he was a sissy for playing WR, and the kid thought he meant it?

would you meddle if an asst coach said openly that he would like to play football with some kids mom. She could be the center and he would be the quarterback. All this said in front of her husband and her SON (the player).

You tell me what would you do in these situations????

Hard to say buckshot. If he was kidding...probably not much...especially the sissy comment. On the other thing...I would probably find out who could whup who...on the spot. But hey...that's just me. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hard to say buckshot. If he was kidding...probably not much...especially the sissy comment. On the other thing...I would probably find out who could whup who...on the spot. But hey...that's just me. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Twang,

As far as the first thing goes, to what degree is it OK to say that and still be kidding??? Is it ok to say he is a sissy? OK to say he is gay? If the player was African American would it be OK to use the "n" word, as long as the person is kidding? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If what I say is offensive to you, no matter how I say it or mean it, isn't it still offensive? Shouldn't the offender still owe an apology to the offended???? More so if the offender is an adult and/or a coach, who should know better?????????

As far as the second thing goes, you better watch what you say............................. everyone will accuse you of MEDDLING in MC football business. (Even if I agree with you 100%)

My experience has been there are usually three sides to every story. His......Hers/His.....AND THE TRUTH.

If you don't know the whole story, don't be so quick to judge. There is some blame to go around this mess for everyone involved.

BTW Good luck to the night chicks. They looked strong last week.