Brentwood vs Franklin

Combos

Nice try they were booing one fan in the stands sorry that don't fly. All I can say is I hope you get a chance to see the replay of the game though I would totally understand you not wanting to but trust me I have already seen it the game came on at 11pm and it was horrific to say the least. I would hate to be that ref if Brentwood had not been able to pull this game out.

I was in th stands and they were booing a brentwood fan that was walking through

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Bruins! Despite a HORRIFIC call by the absolutely inept officials, you stuck to the game plan and got the win. This one will go down as one of the most exciting in this legendary rivalry. Now you are really rolling. Keep up the good work and we'll see you in the playoffs come November!

Congratulations, Bruins! Despite a HORRIFIC call by the absolutely inept officials, you stuck to the game plan and got the win. This one will go down as one of the most exciting in this legendary rivalry. Now you are really rolling. Keep up the good work and we'll see you in the playoffs come November!

No doubt this years Fair Catch call was "Horrific" but still second in my mind to the Interception Call in the endzone that won the game for Brentwood two years ago. That was captured on film, as I'm sure this years bad call was. I'm fairly certain it was caught on film because I saw the AD from Brentwood handing the back judge a DVD during the OT.

Funny though, the side judge that blew the call two years ago was at Franklin last year for the Brentwood game and then again on the sidelines this year. So I doubt that complaints by either school are being taken seriously by the TSSAA

BDD, I don't think they take complaints about officials seriously under any circumstance. The prevailing wisdom is that if you complain, it will come back to bite you.

I get the impression that since it is so hard in getting anyone to officiate, they tolerate just about anyone who volunteers to do the job.

Officials have a tough job, but they make it tougher on themselves. On one hand they'll tell you that they could make these games last for 6 hours with all they could call. I say fine, tolerate somethings realizing that they aren't being asked to do the Super Bowl, just high school. But on the other hand, choking on a whistle while an obvious infraction is out in the open is not fair to anyone. Call something, and then take it back after conferencing to get it right.

You can't correct something you don't call.

Just know the rules under which you are officiating, get in the right position, pay attention, and make the call.

And keep out of sight.

No doubt this years Fair Catch call was "Horrific" but still second in my mind to the Interception Call in the endzone that won the game for Brentwood two years ago. That was captured on film, as I'm sure this years bad call was. I'm fairly certain it was caught on film because I saw the AD from Brentwood handing the back judge a DVD during the OT.

Funny though, the side judge that blew the call two years ago was at Franklin last year for the Brentwood game and then again on the sidelines this year. So I doubt that complaints by either school are being taken seriously by the TSSAA

I didn't see the call your talking about two years ago BUT I cannot believe this bad no call on Friday is second worse to any bad call. When EVERY single person in the stadium including the opposing coaches, players, and fans know it was a bad call except for the IDIOT official you can't top that one I am sorry. This will go down in the history books. Every single one of the officials should lose their jobs because they are very obviously uncapable of officiating at this level maybe they need to go try their hand at some Blaze or cowboys football. They don't even need to be put down to the middle school level. If they don't send a letter of apology to the Varsity Football players on the BHS team they are even bigger losers than I already think they are. I know they are only human and everyone makes mistakes but there is NO excuse for a mistake this big and obvious. I am going out on a limb here I am sure some people will blast me for this comment but I am not sure the Franklin coach shouldn't have stepped up and corrected the official on something that OBVIOUS!! Some penalties happen so fast you need instant replay to see them this play that was not needed. Had Franklin have won no one would have truely given them credit for the win. Now if Franklin would have just tore up and won by plenty of points this would have been a non issue. Brentwood came VERY close to losing this game in OT that should have never gone to OT. Its very fitting their RB fumbled the ball and we recovered because it was OUR WIN, when the fourth quarter horn blew WE had scored more points than Franklin.

I didn't see the call your talking about two years ago BUT I cannot believe this bad no call on Friday is second worse to any bad call. When EVERY single person in the stadium including the opposing coaches, players, and fans know it was a bad call except for the IDIOT official you can't top that one I am sorry. This will go down in the history books. Every single one of the officials should lose their jobs because they are very obviously uncapable of officiating at this level maybe they need to go try their hand at some Blaze or cowboys football. They don't even need to be put down to the middle school level. If they don't send a letter of apology to the Varsity Football players on the BHS team they are even bigger losers than I already think they are. I know they are only human and everyone makes mistakes but there is NO excuse for a mistake this big and obvious. I am going out on a limb here I am sure some people will blast me for this comment but I am not sure the Franklin coach shouldn't have stepped up and corrected the official on something that OBVIOUS!! Some penalties happen so fast you need instant replay to see them this play that was not needed. Had Franklin have won no one would have truely given them credit for the win. Now if Franklin would have just tore up and won by plenty of points this would have been a non issue. Brentwood came VERY close to losing this game in OT that should have never gone to OT. Its very fitting their RB fumbled the ball and we recovered because it was OUR WIN, when the fourth quarter horn blew WE had scored more points than Franklin.

The official who made the call is a very excellant official and just like anyone can make a mistake. Brentwood overcame the mistake and played an excellant game. If you don't like the officiating get out there yourself and call the game. The call was made and it is over now--lets move on.

Oh, by the way that official does call on Saturday also--at the collegiate level!!!

The official who made the call is a very excellant official and just like anyone can make a mistake. Brentwood overcame the mistake and played an excellant game. If you don't like the officiating get out there yourself and call the game. The call was made and it is over now--lets move on.

Oh, by the way that official does call on Saturday also--at the collegiate level!!!

He may have been an excellant official at one time but with that blown call its time to turn in his whistle I know a good peewee level that could use an official. At least at the collegiate level they have instant replay to protect the teams from idiot,incapable, whistle happy, or not happy enough, refs. This issue is so far beyond a bad call. We ALL have seen a bad call on a weekly maybe even quarter basis that is where human error comes in, this call is a whole different level. I don't know if you were there but I am telling you the entire stadium both sides saw the fair catch signal EXCEPT the official WHAT was he looking at??????

On the video it only showed one arm movement that was out from the head and down to the side very quickly and to the opposite side of the covering official from what I can tell. Was there any other movement before the camera turned to the return man. Appears to be an invalid fair catch signal and there possibly should have been a flag. A valid fair catch signal is clearly above the head and waved side to side. If that was the only signal (movement) that was made the covering official could have been blocked out.

On the video it only showed one arm movement that was out from the head and down to the side very quickly and to the opposite side of the covering official from what I can tell. Was there any other movement before the camera turned to the return man. Appears to be an invalid fair catch signal and there possibly should have been a flag. A valid fair catch signal is clearly above the head and waved side to side. If that was the only signal (movement) that was made the covering official could have been blocked out.

If you watch the channel 9 version it takes Brentwood about 5 min. but they do get a replay that shows the player clearly signaling above his head no mistake about it.