Antioch v. Gallatin

nununu

Waa, Waa, Waa. Give Antioch and Gallatin credit for a tremendous game. Someone had to lose. This year Antioch did enough to win after getting handled by the Wave since forever. The refs may have blown some calls, it happens, they are human. Green Wave, the season is not over, this region is wide open, and with your QB, nothing is loss. Good luck to the Bears against Hendersonville, they are starting to pull it together.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think 5a metro teams are all that talented and really other than 4a hillsboro they are not that talented so if you are getting beat by antioch then it pretty much makes my point your talent is down this year.

but if you think you are only losing because of coaching then maybe they will fire them all after this year and everyone will be happy

I disagree.. metro schools have plenty of talent but they are usually not well coached. Gallatin had a very talented team the last couple of years. I think in a given year that the metro schools GHS plays tend to have more talent and athelets. I also think that, most of the time, GHS teams are better coached and prepared, not always but most of the time. However, this year is not a typical year at Gallatin, in my opinion. This team doesn't have the talent across the board that last years team or the team the year before had. They do have some talent but what really has doomed this team is the lack of game experience that teaches a team how to handle situations and setbacks like those this past Friday night. The last time this senior and junior class actually got real game experience was when they were freshmen... now a couple of them got to play a good bit last year, some got to play on special teams and in a few games late but not enough to amount to any real experience. I know many will say that we are into the seventh week and they should have plenty of experience by now and that's true to a point; but when you are still making position changes three, 4 and even 5 weeks into the season that tells me you didn't know enough about the players you had coming up for this season.

They are learning and are actually getting better but it just hasn't happened fast enough for whatever reason. I hope good things will begin to happen for these kids starting this week. I think it can and I think it will. Gotta keep the faith!

Go wave!

I disagree.. metro schools have plenty of talent but they are usually not well coached. Gallatin had a very talented team the last couple of years. I think in a given year that the metro schools GHS plays tend to have more talent and athelets. I also think that, most of the time, GHS teams are better coached and prepared, not always but most of the time. However, this year is not a typical year at Gallatin, in my opinion. This team doesn't have the talent across the board that last years team or the team the year before had. They do have some talent but what really has doomed this team is the lack of game experience that teaches a team how to handle situations and setbacks like those this past Friday night. The last time this senior and junior class actually got real game experience was when they were freshmen... now a couple of them got to play a good bit last year, some got to play on special teams and in a few games late but not enough to amount to any real experience. I know many will say that we are into the seventh week and they should have plenty of experience by now and that's true to a point; but when you are still making position changes three, 4 and even 5 weeks into the season that tells me you didn't know enough about the players you had coming up for this season.

They are learning and are actually getting better but it just hasn't happened fast enough for whatever reason. I hope good things will begin to happen for these kids starting this week. I think it can and I think it will. Gotta keep the faith!

Go wave!

Metro has many young coaches for whatever reason. I do not think the coaches lack ability, just experience, and most schools do not have a full staff. Metro has talented players ,but not much self-discipline. Most teams beat themselves. Combination of both,but mostly a lackof self-disciplined players not executing.

Metro has many young coaches for whatever reason. I do not think the coaches lack ability, just experience, and most schools do not have a full staff. Metro has talented players ,but not much self-discipline. Most teams beat themselves. Combination of both,but mostly a lackof self-disciplined players not excecuting.

Intresting take fb247. Most of the time I would agree with you. However I think Gallitan was out-coached and when it comes to discipline and charecter, a team does not come back from 11 points down with 8 min. left in the 4th at that place unless they have a ton of it. I cant think of any other Antioch team that would have. Maybe that hard schedule is beginning to pay off.

Intresting take fb247. Most of the time I would agree with you. However I think Gallitan was out-coached and when it comes to discipline and charecter, a team does not come back from 11 points down with 8 min. left in the 4th at that place unless they have a ton of it. I cant think of any other Antioch team that would have. Maybe that hard schedule is beginning to pay off.

Antioch and Overton have the best and most experienced staffs in Metro.

The onside kick wasn't being out coached, everyone knew that was coming except our staff... that wasn't out coaching that just wasn't coaching on the GHS staff....

#2 and #4 making big plays for Antioch was the difference in this game pure and simple....

Interesting that other teams are publicly calling out Gallatin's defense as "slow"-see Tennessean.

As I had said a couple of weeks ago, this Green Wave team just has too many holes all over the field. The defense gives up another 20+ points and apparently can not stop the pass anymore than tissue paper can stop a semi-truck. Seeing as how the pass defense is what cost them their perfect season last year it might be a good idea to hire a defensive coordinator that understands pass coverage. Whether the "traditionalists" at Gallatin like it or not, everyone else has learned to throw the football, and does so 15-20 times a game. So you better learn how to defend it.

WHERE IS COACH WALLS?????

Do YOU even know Coach Williamson?

Let's see why don't you get up to the Coach's office and spend 60 plus hours a week with Coach Williamson, filling him and the rest of them in on your expertise. PASS DEFENSE did not cost the Green Wave a perfect season last year. How stupid. Hey guys, we need to hire this guy he is the awnser to our prayers. Let's hire him to call the shots!!

We have an excellant coaching staff with over 75 years in combined coaching expereince. If you don't like - go find another team to support or shall I say stab in the back?

GO WAVE!

Do YOU even know Coach Williamson?

Let's see why don't you get up to the Coach's office and spend 60 plus hours a week with Coach Williamson, filling him and the rest of them in on your expertise. PASS DEFENSE did not cost the Green Wave a perfect season last year. How stupid. Hey guys, we need to hire this guy he is the awnser to our prayers. Let's hire him to call the shots!!

We have an excellant coaching staff with over 75 years in combined coaching expereince. If you don't like - go find another team to support or shall I say stab in the back?

GO WAVE!

I seem to remember a playoff loss in which the opponent threw for like 300 yards and four TDs. Seems like that falls under the catagory of "pass defense".

You are obviously passionate and loyal to your coach. No one, including me, will fault you for that. But the results speak for themselves.

How many years of coaching experience did the Antioch coaching staff have I wonder? Must have been at least one more I guess.

As for sharing expertise, here is some for you-

The coaches at Gallatin are good men. I don't know all of them, but I know some of them. And I know that they wouldn't be on the staff if they weren't good men that worked hard. But here is some harsh reality for you kid-

once you are gone and no longer a part of the 'program' you are forgotten and discarded. The coaches who claim to love you aren't going to check in with you while you are at college. They aren't going to send you greetings cards for your birthday. They aren't going to be your best man at your wedding. They aren't going to call and congratulate you on your big promotion. As soon as you lose you final game as a senior you are in the past and a waste of time. Literally a waste of time. Why? because they are working 60 hours a week on preparing for a football game. What little time is left over goes to "teaching", and if, IF, there is any time left after that it goes to their families. Not you. The loyalty you show right now will not be returned. The job of a coach, at any level, is to coach the guys on his team RIGHT NOW. You think Jeff Fisher talks to his former players regularly? Of course not. There are too many players and not enough time.

So, "waveball", if you are a player I suggest you get your rear end off the computer and start working as hard as your coaches are.

And by all means, please elaborate on how Ravenwood did NOT beat you with the passing game. I'd love to hear your viewpoint on how those 28 points got scored.

Guest workinprogress

I seem to remember a playoff loss in which the opponent threw for like 300 yards and four TDs. Seems like that falls under the catagory of "pass defense".

You are obviously passionate and loyal to your coach. No one, including me, will fault you for that. But the results speak for themselves.

How many years of coaching experience did the Antioch coaching staff have I wonder? Must have been at least one more I guess.

As for sharing expertise, here is some for you-

The coaches at Gallatin are good men. I don't know all of them, but I know some of them. And I know that they wouldn't be on the staff if they weren't good men that worked hard. But here is some harsh reality for you kid-

once you are gone and no longer a part of the 'program' you are forgotten and discarded. The coaches who claim to love you aren't going to check in with you while you are at college. They aren't going to send you greetings cards for your birthday. They aren't going to be your best man at your wedding. They aren't going to call and congratulate you on your big promotion. As soon as you lose you final game as a senior you are in the past and a waste of time. Literally a waste of time. Why? because they are working 60 hours a week on preparing for a football game. What little time is left over goes to "teaching", and if, IF, there is any time left after that it goes to their families. Not you. The loyalty you show right now will not be returned. The job of a coach, at any level, is to coach the guys on his team RIGHT NOW. You think Jeff Fisher talks to his former players regularly? Of course not. There are too many players and not enough time.

So, "waveball", if you are a player I suggest you get your rear end off the computer and start working as hard as your coaches are.

And by all means, please elaborate on how Ravenwood did NOT beat you with the passing game. I'd love to hear your viewpoint on how those 28 points got scored.

Im not going to comment on the game. However what you are saying about coaches is not always the case. Yes being a coach takes a lot of time at any level. Yes it is a very demanding job. Yes during the year your time is limited and you have to make your priorities. But as far as coaches not caring about their former players...you are making a blanket statement that is not true of most coaches...imo. I know of several coaches that keep in touch with their former players, go to Christmas parties to see them, go to their college games, weddings, and unfortunately funerals. I still have former players stop by all the time and I always drop whatever I am doing to talk to these young men. I still go to see them play whenever I can. As coaches we shape these young men and for some of them we are the only positive male figures in their lives. Why on earth would a good natured coach not want to keep up with former players?