Oak Ridge vs. McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If im not mistaken the fullback is a sophmore.Played freshman ball last season and was a hard runner. him and the mcdermott kid were the only ones who kept them in the game down at wb. Good luck Mcminn. Mcminn 27 OR 24 ot

I will take a win anyway we can get it but another OT game might give the fans a heart attack.....This is one of those games that the team that makes the fewest mistakes and wins the special teams play will win the game.

I can't get a grip on this game.....it is either a blow out are going to be very close????

If McMinn can get over the fact of playing at the "SHIP" and all of the pre-game activities that go on it has a great chance to pull off another upset victory over a quality football team....

GO TRIBE!!!!

Looks like we finally disagree my friend... McMinn will take Oak Ridge... 21 - 14.

WOW. You guys from MC still think last year was a blowout. It was a fluke, OR was shell-shocked earlier that week with the starting QB with a broken finger. This year there's better athletes, team unity. speed to burn and strength to match. Home field is an advantage in this one. Too many athletes, not just one or two...

OR - 38

MC - 14

WOW. You guys from MC still think last year was a blowout. It was a fluke, OR was shell-shocked earlier that week with the starting QB with a broken finger. This year there's better athletes, team unity. speed to burn and strength to match. Home field is an advantage in this one. Too many athletes, not just one or two...

OR - 38

MC - 14

Big Cat Ridger, I am confused about the team unity statement. In the Oak Ridge Coaching Situation forum there is talk about a fight or two amonst the team. What's going on with ya'll?

Big Cat Ridger, I am confused about the team unity statement. In the Oak Ridge Coaching Situation forum there is talk about a fight or two amonst the team. What's going on with ya'll?

No doubt HornedOwl.....all over Coach T this week the hot topic was about the post game activites after the Clinton game and then about players not getting along. What is next?

McMinn has heard all week that they have no respect from OR so they come into this game focused and ready to play.....The first few minutes of each half usually set the tone for the entire half so pay attention.

GO TRIBE!!!!

Oak Ridge wins this one 34-20. The difference was the OR Defense. Lots of penalties on both sides of the ball, made the game last forever. However penalties did not decide this game from either sides standpoint. Oak Ridge came into this game focused, ready to play, and united. Whatever was going on last week is long gone. OR looked as focused as they have all season and each one of the team supported the other.

Good luck McMinn with the rest of the season.

And now it is time to take on William Blount at the 'Ship.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's a final: Oak Ridge 34 McMinn 20. I don't think OR expected to play McMinn and the officials at the same time, but they did. They prevailed in spite of the officials best efforts to keep McMinn in the game. The OR defense totally shut down McMinn's offense. Yes, there were some legitimate inteference calls on Oak Ridge. Anyone who was there knows that if the Cats breathed in McMinn's direction - out came the flags. Combine this with bouncing balls being called McMinn completions - and you get the picture.

I'm curious what the grading or review process is for officials. This game film needs some attention from the TSSAA.

McMinn has some talent and could be dangerous on any given night, but the Wildcats were ready. Great effort!