Oak Ridge vs. McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

Time to move on to a very important game. The other "Tribe" comes to town and it should be another great game like last year. We obviously must play a better game than what we showed against Clinton. McMinn brings a strong team with a great QB. Again, we must work on a pass rush and coverage. I was encouraged that we found a way to win last week. Expect to see a much better effort from our offense. Go Cats!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump. Let's talk about the game in front of us; not the one behind us. Tribefan, where are you?

Ye ask and ye shall recieve.....Tribefan has been doing a bit of R&R for a few days off of the coast of Georgia.....

Here is my take on this game:

In my opinion OR is still considered the class of this region until someone knocks them from their perch because of the legacy they have....we must give them that out of respect. Did they struggle last year sure they did, have they forgotten what it is to win? Not at all, that was apparent last week againist Clinton. This is a fine football team and playing @ the "Ship" is a difficult place to come away with a win....I know and everybody that has ever played there knows it.

If OR can shut down #8 then they have won half of the battle.....but that is a big question mark. If you key on him then we have several other threats. The key for McMinn is to play sound fundamental defense and try there best to control the clock and not give up the big play to OR.

This should be a fun high school game to be apart of, hopefully McMinn will play like they know how and make it interesting.

McMinn 17

OR 28

Sorry but I think this is a difficult place to win and we have been pressing our luck the last couple of weeks.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

Ye ask and ye shall recieve.....Tribefan has been doing a bit of R&R for a few days off of the coast of Georgia.....

Here is my take on this game:

In my opinion OR is still considered the class of this region until someone knocks them from their perch because of the legacy they have....we must give them that out of respect. Did they struggel last year sure they did, have they forgotten what it is to win? Not at all, that was apparent last week againist Clinton. This is a fine football team and playing @ the "Ship" is a difficult place to come away with a win....I know and everybody that has ever played there knows it.

If OR can shut down #8 then they have won half of the battel.....but that is a big question mark. If you key on him then we have several other threats. The key for McMinn is to play sound fundenmental defense and try there best to control the clock and not give up the big play to OR.

This should be a fun high school game to be apart of, hopefully McMinn will play like they know how and make it interesting.

McMinn 17

OR 28

Sorry but I think this is a difficult place to win and we have been pressing our luck the last couple of weeks.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

Spell check please!

McMinn has had a good week of practice so far and looks to have a few new looks for the OR game. I think the key for McMinn will be it's ability to throw and catch the ball....if they can't be effective at this then the running game will suffer. I would like to see them throw it 15-20 times and hopefully complete somewhere around 50% of those passes. If they are not able to do so then OR will stack the box and contain #8 and anybody else that decides to run the ball.

Come on "T" posters where are u in reference to this game? I know there are a few OR fans out there.....

By the way I will take this time to take another guess @ the final score.....If McMinn can keep it close the advantage goes to the Cherokees because of #16 Stansell and his ability to make the big kick under pressure! Whoever executes the best on special teams will win this one......

McMinn 17

OR 14

GO TRIBE!!!!!

TribeFan your seeing the same things I'm seeing at practice. The Tribe will need to be mistake free

on Friday, and I am seeing a much closer game than is predicted. Never know about us going to a

Power I formation, and running the new FB right up the gut. He is a beast!

TribeFan your seeing the same things I'm seeing at practice. The Tribe will need to be mistake free

on Friday, and I am seeing a much closer game than is predicted. Never know about us going to a

Power I formation, and running the new FB right up the gut. He is a beast!

Wow!! GT40 I suppose the I Formation thing was not to kept quite? I liked the idea of putting Devon under center and running the option and then handing it off to that huge FB. Who is that anyway he looks like a converted lineman? I suppose he is there to be a blocker for Devon most of the time and then I suppose carry the ball a bit? Who knows what they are doing with that set?

I just hope they don't get away from what they have been successful with the first 5 weeks.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

McMinn County stops the running game like they did against Farragut they should add to the woes of Coach Stanton Stevens.

I don't know that McMinn stopped the running game againist Farragut.....Sterling had 212 yds. and the team had 282 yds. of total offense.....

Hey GT40 is that guy playing FB this week been on the team the entire year? I understand that he is a transfer from Texas that was cleared to play......That kind of a kid is a difference maker... What is he about 260lbs. and has those kind of wheels? He must be a freak......I wonder if he is going to play anywhere else on the field? have you heard?

GO TRIBE!!!!