Oak Ridge vs. McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

Yes sir. It is great to see McMinn doing so well this year. Discipline is the key, and I believe they have it this year with Coach Cagle. Wouldn't you agree? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No doubt that coach Cagle has brought discipline back to this program.....Are one of your boys playing on this years team?

Man you look familiar.....maybe I have seen you @ church or some place like that or who knows maybe a ball game....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt that coach Cagle has brought discipline back to this program.....Are one of your boys playing on this years team?

Man you look familiar.....maybe I have seen you @ church or some place like that or who knows maybe a ball game....

Tribefan that looks like the guy that ran for the county school board a while back. bhhsvols do you follow the tribe football team?

And by the way tribefan please check your spelling it makes us cherokee fans look bad.

Tribefan that looks like the guy that ran for the county school board a while back. bhhsvols do you follow the tribe football team? And by the way tribefan please check your spelling it makes us cherokee fans look bad.

Very observant! Ran for the city school board last year and will give it another shot next year. Son plays in the band and I am VP of the MCHS band boosters. Other son is an alternate on the MCHS golf team. Daughter plays for the "middle school" softball team. We all try to stay very active. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No doubt that coach Cagle has brought discipline back to this program.....Are one of your boys playing on this years team? Man you look familiar.....maybe I have seen you @ church or some place like that or who knows maybe a ball game....

Go to church at Trinity UMC. How about you?

Very observant! Ran for the city school board last year and will give it another shot next year. Son plays in the band and I am VP of the MCHS band boosters. Other son is an alternate on the MCHS golf team. Daughter plays for the "middle school" softball team. We all try to stay very active. Go to church at Trinity UMC. How about you?

Why would you want to go for the city thing again when it sounds like your kids are in the county system? Mr. Powers needs to retire and let somebody else try and that whole thing with the crooks at the city council sounds like a mess to me and they are asking the public to vote for a tax increase. I see the group that is againist the tax is a bunch of liberals so I do not know what to do.Any ideas since you have school aged kids

I work swing shift so I get to church about once or twice a month at east athens baptist

Talked to a McMinn guy today and this team is extremely talented, at quarterback, in the lines (benching 300 plus) and they have good active linebackers. They will be very physical and have played in two, tough overtime games the last two weeks. They will be much better then any team that Oak Ridge has played so far, including Kingsport, so the Wildcats will have to have a first class effort Friday night and eliminate silly, concentration loss mistakes like they had against Clinton. They cannot have the penalties and errors against this McMinn County team. Look for a repeat of last years game at Athens, it will be close and maybe even go to overtime....too close to call....

Why would you want to go for the city thing again when it sounds like your kids are in the county system? Mr. Powers needs to retire and let somebody else try and that whole thing with the crooks at the city council sounds like a mess to me and they are asking the public to vote for a tax increase. I see the group that is againist the tax is a bunch of liberals so I do not know what to do.Any ideas since you have school aged kids

I work swing shift so I get to church about once or twice a month at east athens baptist

Two youngest are still at AJHS. Interested in the city schools because I would like to see a city high school. Shoot me an e-mail at bhhvols@hotmail.com to converse. Thanks!

I would echo Cactus' thoughts. The key to the Wildcats success is focus. We are a pretty good team when we are focused on the game and come out firing. We are less than a mediocre team when we are not. I look to see good things this week against a good team from McMinn. If everyone is back and in position on the line, then I like our chances a lot. Our line is the real strength of our team. If teams load up the line of scrimmage against us, we have 2 good outside receivers who can fly and go up and get the ball. Jared Stephens will remind you of the second coming of Corey Booker; enough said. Kevin Summers is a load at FB and LB. Tyler Clark is also looking better at QB and making plays. Our defense is solid, but still needs more consistency from down to down. All in all should be a great night for football and I hope McMinn brings a good crowd. 28-24 Oak Ridge. Go Cats!

I would echo Cactus' thoughts. The key to the Wildcats success is focus. We are a pretty good team when we are focused on the game and come out firing. We are less than a mediocre team when we are not. I look to see good things this week against a good team from McMinn. If everyone is back and in position on the line, then I like our chances a lot. Our line is the real strength of our team. If teams load up the line of scrimmage against us, we have 2 good outside receivers who can fly and go up and get the ball. Jared Stephens will remind you of the second coming of Corey Booker; enough said. Kevin Summers is a load at FB and LB. Tyler Clark is also looking better at QB and making plays. Our defense is solid, but still needs more consistency from down to down. All in all should be a great night for football and I hope McMinn brings a good crowd. 28-24 Oak Ridge. Go Cats!

Not so fast my friend>>>>McMinn is tallented and will come to the "SHIP" with alot of confidence but at the same time they are aware that the level of competition has been raised a notch especially when you are playing OR.

I believe that OR is the better team on paper but I guess that is why we play the games. I also beleive McMinn is a good football team but not good enough to beat OR at OR.

OR 31

McMinn 10

Not so fast my friend>>>>McMinn is tallented and will come to the "SHIP" with alot of confidence but at the same time they are aware that the level of competition has been raised a notch especially when you are playing OR.

I believe that OR is the better team on paper but I guess that is why we play the games. I also beleive McMinn is a good football team but not good enough to beat OR at OR.

OR 31

McMinn 10

WOW,you all are going to get a handful,friday night!!! you might win,but 31..10,come on,now!!