Knoxville Halls at Clinton

fairplay2121

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No nerve hit, my opinion and you said that was alright didn't you? And I did not make a pick on either on of those games. Does anybody know how practice went this week?

hey yo. i musta got some nads cause i brought it. the coaches heard what i was sayin. checki it out on Friday. see who is on the def line. yall need to take some chill pills. I like whats best for halls too. its just my opinions that yall dont like. but it looks like i was right. now i can agree with you reddevilfever.

I have not got to see any practice this week except for some of the practice on Wednesday. In my opinion, anytime you lose the way Halls lost last Friday, (lack of intensity, lack of fundamental execution) you must create some competition for starting postitions. This will help the intensity and it usually lets the cream rise to the top. I am sure that the coaches needed to see that this week as did the players. Intensity was high on Wednesday. However, the coaches didn't appear too happy with execution and some instances of lack of hustle. Of course the bar has been raised and I thought more hustle and intensity were being demanded by the coaches Wednesday than has been all year. (including 2 a days) I hope this has a positive effect on the team. We find out tonight.

I have no guess on what will happen. They are saying that there could be some showers around.

I have not got to see any practice this week except for some of the practice on Wednesday. In my opinion, anytime you lose the way Halls lost last Friday, (lack of intensity, lack of fundamental execution) you must create some competition for starting postitions. This will help the intensity and it usually lets the cream rise to the top. I am sure that the coaches needed to see that this week as did the players. Intensity was high on Wednesday. However, the coaches didn't appear too happy with execution and some instances of lack of hustle. Of course the bar has been raised and I thought more hustle and intensity were being demanded by the coaches Wednesday than has been all year. (including 2 a days) I hope this has a positive effect on the team. We find out tonight.

I have no guess on what will happen. They are saying that there could be some showers around.

I'm getting fired up myself! I look for some intensity tonight as well. GO HALLS!

Showers hitting Halls area hard (not sure about Anderson County). I believe this helps the Red, enough so that I'll change my pick to Halls. I know:

1 - Everyone says that rain helps a passing team, i.e. Clinton. But I think thats the case if the passing team is much faster and executes well. Not sure if that is the case for Clinton.

2 - Halls is more of a power team, and I don't see the wet field hurting their offense as much.

3 - I saw Halls play SD in the rain last year, and they didn't skip a beat (played well).

Turnovers, kicking game, and penalties are now magnified. Believe Halls now!!

do notforget the game will be on WMAK sat. @ 9:00pm and sun. @ 1:00pm...Good job boys...proud ov yall for not giving up....Great runs by Kitts ,Johnson Wagonner Dayton.... well everybody...great sack and tackle on kick off by Pixley and good tackles by Leonard and company...Can not recall each play..we missed some things we should not have but you boys played hard and again ...proud of yall

Kitts continues to get better. He went over 200 yards tonight and 3 TDs. The last TD was a great run on 4th and 1. Stupid turnovers and roughing the punter call have to be eliminated. Someting like four turnovers in or near the red zone and one over on downs. These let Clinton hang around. Effort was very good I thought. Huge game next week.

I watched the Clinton-OR game last week and the Halls game tonight. Kitts, in my opinion is a better back than #5 Stephens from OR. That kid can motor! Good game tonight Halls, we hated to lose but the Halls kids played well. It was a tale of two halves. Halls put it to us in the first half, we built a little momentum in the second, but ya'll did what you had to to win.

Is Kitts getting any looks from any colleges? He is really impressive! He scored 3 times tonight on long scores and broke a bunch of tackles. He had to have had over 150 yards if not 200. He's getting close to that 1,000 yard mark if he didn't break it tonight. A couple of good tough runs by gunter tonight. Good to see him get some tough yards when needed.

ironman,

I don't not think you can be listed as a moron when you pick games with you heart and not your head. I respected my coaches and always will. It just burns my guts to see coaches get the blame when things don't go the way some fans and/or parents think they should go. Coaches call the plays and the players are supposed to execute them. If a player doesn't execute a play correctly is it the coaches fault? NO , it's the players fault or the guy lined up on the other side is a heck of a lot better. I thin Halls will win the rest of there games and go until the second/third round of the playoffs! If they don't does that make me a moron? I don't think so. It just means that I have faith ion the coaches and players and hope with my heart they can accomplish what I think/hope/pray they will.

Whoa nellie...............

Caught the Maryville Central game friday night but knew the Halls game was on the tube.

WMAK had a decent broadcast. We looked good first half. Second half looked sluggish untill the big kick return at 21-20. That seem to energize us to win this puppy. Kitts has been on a one man wrecking crew the past three weeks. That fourth down play will be one that will be talked about for some time. Unbelievable. Offensive line keeps getting better and better each week.

Big game coming up with Powell which will all but guarantee us a playoff spot with a win. They will be wanting this as much as we will. Should be quite a game. Powell will be tough with a more balanced offense,a good young QB and a better defense.

Any win is a good win but I am a little nervous with the second half performance. During the game we laid the ball on the ground at least four times. Threw a interception in a crowd when a least one reciever was wide open. Ruffing the punter was a huge mistake. I don't want to dwell on these to much but they were glaring problems that let Clinton back into the game and if I didn't already know the final I would have been on the edge of my seat. Still this is another big team win and 4-2 is good to have at this stage. I think now SD & LC have fallen from the playoff chase. With Clinton hanging on by a thread. I see a three horse race now for 3rd & 4th place.

Anyone know anything about Burnette the Maryville QB is he out for the year?