Knoxville Halls at Clinton

fairplay2121

What do yall allow on that???

Agreed. For my part, I make a concerted effort to be positive, especially because the players probably read our arm-chair quarterbacking. I also agree that we are not sheep or robots and that we all have our opinions. The coaches understand that.

Like I've said many, many times on CoachT, the Halls coaches have (again, my useless opinion) done a good job this year (and last year) and have the kids on the level appropriate for their over-all talent. I don't want the coaches to lose sight of that and be blinded by the spanking at the hands of Bearden, which, IMO, is on a whole other level than we are currently. Clinton, Powell, SD and LC are NOT on Bearden's level.

I also don't want to unduly criticize buffoon-like commentary that occasionally shows up on CoachT. (But I do like to tweak the hyper-sensitive MHS fans about their recruiting, 'cause when you throw a rock in the midst of a dog fight the one what comes out hollerin' has done been hit).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

highball76 -

- Again you hit the nail on the head with "let's just hope to get better every week!!!" This attitude would be all any fan or player could ask for.

- Baseballmad -

- You seem to be misinformed. A recap (as I understand it) on the new starters 1) Curtis Plunk replaces Brent Hughes - both start on offense, both are seniors, and both are hurt. ( Plunk is dealing with a shoulder seperation from earlier in the year), 2) Steven Hill replaces Caleb Leonard - both start on the offense, both are Juniors, neither are injured, 3) Ben McFalls replaces Matt Laddish - neither start on offense, Ben is Soph. and Matt is a JR.

- You miss the point by saying it will give some rest (same situation with new guys playing both sides) or lessen load due to injuries. Also, these guys don't play JV (except for Ben??).

- Can we not just trust the coaches that the new guys are just better? (no other reason!!) I'm sure they have shown the coaches something in practice. We don't get to see the practices, drills, etc., but the coaches do!!! They will put the best 11 on the field.

- We don't know how the new guys will respond because they have never played defense before. Wait until they perform on Friday before we doubt them. They may be really good!!

I will be there on Friday to support the team!! Go Hallls!!

i didnt name no names. i just call it like i see it. i have more a knoledge than most about whats up. its not my job to coach just to complane. i'm not saying that they dont know what they R doing. just that some of the decisions on who plays if def line changes dont or wont make good sense. clinton will be strong. and LMFT if you dont know it the game against clinton just might keep Halls from going to the playoffs!

i didnt name no names. i just call it like i see it. i have more a knoledge than most about whats up. its not my job to coach just to complane. i'm not saying that they dont know what they R doing. just that some of the decisions on who plays if def line changes dont or wont make good sense. clinton will be strong. and LMFT if you dont know it the game against clinton just might keep Halls from going to the playoffs!

Is your son one of the players that got replaced? Or maybe you are the player that got replaced.

Sometimes questioning the decisions of the coaches undermines their expertise and authority. The players read a lot of these post and maybe it has an impact on their confidence in the coaches.

At this point in time the coaches and players need the unconditional support of the fans and players as they make their play off run.

Is your son one of the players that got replaced? Or maybe you are the player that got replaced.

Sometimes questioning the decisions of the coaches undermines their expertise and authority. The players read a lot of these post and maybe it has an impact on their confidence in the coaches.

At this point in time the coaches and players need the unconditional support of the fans and players as they make their play off run.

I couldn't agree more R&B. The coaches know the players better than the players themselves at this point in the year and if changes are needed, then the coaches have every right in the world to make them. Let's hope the kids come out to play friday from the opening kick to the last whistle.

- Baseballmad -

- You seem to be misinformed. A recap (as I understand it) on the new starters 1) Curtis Plunk replaces Brent Hughes - both start on offense, both are seniors, and both are hurt. ( Plunk is dealing with a shoulder seperation from earlier in the year), 2) Steven Hill replaces Caleb Leonard - both start on the offense, both are Juniors, neither are injured, 3) Ben McFalls replaces Matt Laddish - neither start on offense, Ben is Soph. and Matt is a JR.

- You miss the point by saying it will give some rest (same situation with new guys playing both sides) or lessen load due to injuries. Also, these guys don't play JV (except for Ben??).

- Can we not just trust the coaches that the new guys are just better? (no other reason!!) I'm sure they have shown the coaches something in practice. We don't get to see the practices, drills, etc., but the coaches do!!! They will put the best 11 on the field.

- We don't know how the new guys will respond because they have never played defense before. Wait until they perform on Friday before we doubt them. They may be really good!!

I will be there on Friday to support the team!! Go Hallls!!

Sorry I did mis-interpret what you originally stated. My bad.

hey MORONICUS,

I know exactly what the Clinton game means. I know what next week means and the next and so on. Either you start coaching or get off the coaches backs - better yet why don't you schedule a visit with the staff and let them know how you feel and what you think they ought to do in order to win. Get some 'nads and go stand face to face with our coaches and let 'em know how you feel, big boi.

hey MORONICUS,

I know exactly what the Clinton game means. I know what next week means and the next and so on. Either you start coaching or get off the coaches backs - better yet why don't you schedule a visit with the staff and let them know how you feel and what you think they ought to do in order to win. Get some 'nads and go stand face to face with our coaches and let 'em know how you feel, big boi.

Easy big fella. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LSMFT -

- Can't we all just get along??? I don't agree with everyone on here, but I don't let testosterone (sp?) get the best of me. I support the players, coaches and fans, just as you seem to. But I respect everyones opinion, even if i disagree with it. Sounds like moron hit a nerve with you and littelmn.

- If I remeber correctly, you picked Halls to beat Bearden by 17 and Central by 25+. We lost by 32 and 14. If my math is right, you missed these two by almost 90 points. It's OK to be a homer (I believe I am also), but be careful who you call a moron with picks like this.

For a pick, I believe Clinton at home in a close one (Hope I'm wrong)