Knoxville Halls at Clinton

fairplay2121

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

highball76 -

- "Plain and simple ...." Best comments I've read in a while!!! We should post them over and over for the next few days - maybe it will light a fire for any players that read them! Where is the ATTITUDE and TOUGHNESS!!! It looks like we have a tendency to cry/run home to momma when things start to go wrong. We need to get tougher!!!

- I still say the first defensive series will set the tone!!!

Pirateman894 -

- Significant injuries?? 1- Reece Kelley (Starter/Leader- can't replace), 2 - Chad Davis (DT starting in R. Kelley's spot), 3 - Michah Bolden (DT/DE starting in Cad Davis' spot). Technically three D. Lineman that started - out for the year (R. Kelley ??)

- Also:(4) Brent Hughes (OG/DE) High ankle sprain - still not 100%, (5)Aaron Blair (OT/DT) severally bruised ribs,(6) Jake Carr (TE/LB) ankle sprain (getting closer to 100%), (7)Garrett Gresham (CB) ankle sprain (couldn't walk on Wednesday of last week). Not counting bumps and bruises that every team suffers at this time of year. I would say seven defensive staters not close to 100% is significant (3 out for year, 4 playing hurt)!!

Moronicus:

- Have to agree!! Saw some of practice and Hughes, Leonard and Ladish are not starting. Gone now is 7 of our 10 sacks for the year. (hint- Clinton threw 41 passes against OR)

- Question - If the coaches believe this new defense is best for the team, will they stick with it at the first time of trouble? I trust the coaches (although I don't see it), but after 10 weeks of practice they know who the best players are.

- If Clinton wins, Halls is out of the playoff picture (assuming West beats Central).

Let's trust the coaches, they know what is on the line. I still believe the first defensive series will set the tone for the whole ballgame!!!

Let's trust the coaches, they know what is on the line. I still believe the first defensive series will set the tone for the whole ballgame!!!

This is a joke or something meant to scramble the minds of the Clinton brain trust.

As far as trusting the coaches, I'll quote one of the greatest Presidents ever and say: "Trust, but verify." If this is actually true, then the trust factor will be tested.

How do you replace Leonard and Hughes on the D-line???? Ladish has played well too.

Could it be due to injuries? Brent has a high ankle sprain not a easy injury to play with on both sides of the ball. Perhaps the coaches thinking is to put all the the focus on blocking for the running game a fresher OL line can and will open up the holes for Kitts,Waggoner & Gunter. Some new blood can come in on the D-line and supplement the experience of Leonard, Hughes and Ladish and give them more of a breather. JV's have been playing well of late maybe some have caught the eye of the coaching staff. I am a little puzzled on demoting them if that is the case. Bearden was a very strong team in the trenches and really open up gaping holes most of the night but like Ironman said before the game they were senior heavy and dominated on both sides of the ball.

moronicus,

Why don't you jump your butt over to the Crossroads and tell them exactly what to do. Let the coaches comeup witha defensive plan and see if it works. With as many injuries as we have maybe what they are doing is the best for this Frioday and helps us get ready for the last 4 games which will determine where we will stand in the playoffs.

I do agree with one thing...your name sure fits.

Could it be due to injuries?

That could be. Whatever it is, the coaches have done a good job so far. And one other thing -- it could be to make some players hungrier. We'll see Friday. Clinton appears to be on the rebound. I still like our chances running the ball, as long as we can get the ball to Dayton and company on occasion.

Some of you guys kill me. After the West game the coaching staff was praised, heck the Titans even honored Coach J. Now after one loss to one of the best teams in the state in 5a you all are back at questioning the staff. Give it a rest, especially mornonyouarecus. If you want to coach then apply next time there is an opening, until shut the yap. This is not the University of Alabama, drop the expectations. It seems to me the coaches do the best with what they got. You are not going to win state championship after state championship with the talent that is there now.

Some of you guys kill me. After the West game the coaching staff was praised, heck the Titans even honored Coach J. Now after one loss to one of the best teams in the state in 5a you all are back at questioning the staff. Give it a rest, especially mornonyouarecus. If you want to coach then apply next time there is an opening, until shut the yap. This is not the University of Alabama, drop the expectations. It seems to me the coaches do the best with what they got. You are not going to win state championship after state championship with the talent that is there now.

Exactly. Coaching at Halls, Central, Fulton, etc is as good as you will get anywhere in the state or Southeast for that matter. Considering the fact that Knox Co doesn't want to compensate the Coaches the way other systems do we are darn lucky to have them. Count your blessing that they don't run to a system that will show them a little more love in the pay check and in their planning time.

I would guess that the coaching staff at Halls is playing other d lineman as a result of the injury problem they have experienced since the West game. I will say this the coaches have a lot more insight about whats going on with the team than the fans.

By the way Alabama isn't very good. But I understand your point.

L88,

I do not agree with Moron....about the coaches, Lighten up M & L88 you'll both blow a gasket....

but I think M has a right to vent frustration just like everyone else as long as he/she/it purports no personal attacks on specific coaches & especially the kids (players) are off limits.

Yes, I agree the Coaches do not get paid well at Halls but they are big boys, knew what HS coaching is like & should not care what we complain about or praise on here.

We are just High School Football fans tossing around opinions & u know what they say about those.....

Plus, I do not know that anybody said they expect Halls to win the State....................this year!

At the beginning of the season, I thought a 5-5, or 6-4 year was good enough for KJ to be up for Coach of the year.

I think that still maybe true.

Howabout lets hope for at least 3-4A 3rd place so we can skip RB Lions in the first round (they appear very tough this year) & get a playoff win under our belt before we face them.

If not that, then lets just hope to get better every week (coaches, players, supporters, no matter who we play).

What do yall allow on that???