Knoxville Halls at Clinton

fairplay2121

Clinton had a great showing at Oak Ridge. Halls was terrible against Bearden. How does this game play out?

I guess no one is too sure because no thread has been started up to now. It should be a great game.

I know Hazlehurst, Stone and the recievers at Clinton bring a strong offensive game.

Any comments or predictions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls is banged up. They have several significant injuries. Word on the street is this is not the same team that beat West. After the first team Halls is slim on talent.

Clinton is much improved and gained a lot of confidence with their come from behind win vs. S.D. Clinton has some very talented players but like Halls is short on depth.

I think Clinton at home will pull the upset 29-28.

But a warning to the Dragons. If you can't stop the run you will be in for a long night.

Halls will struggle with Clinton. Clinton is emerging as a team that is very dangerous. Being tied with the Wildcats at 21 with three minutes remaining should be a wake up call to Halls. If we overlook Clinton to get to the Panthers the following week we could be sorry.

If Kitts can chew up about 250 yards then we have a chance. If we fall behind which has been happening every game so far except for Gibbs we will struggle with no passing game to speak of. How practice goes this week will go a long way on our next two huge region games. Who wants it the most will get the playoff spot.

I think our defense will rise up like they did after the Central game. If we can hold Clinton our outside backers have to come to play and our DB's have to play tighter. Bearden controlled us in every phase of the game and made us look really bad. Expect Clinton to exploit our weaknesses the same this week as they run shotgun most of the time. Uneasy feeling on this. We could win big or lose big.

Some one else will have to predict a score.

Clinton is nowhere close to West, Bearden, or Central. The only reason I am picking the Dragons is 1. Halls injury problems, 2. Clinton is at home. If Halls wasn't so banged up and having to play a bunch of J.V. kids I would pick them to win. This is not the same Halls team that I saw at Central nor the same team that came back on West.

You jokers swear you know something. Wake up! Halls doesn't have a Major, Significant injury other than Reese Kelly. And home field advantage at Clinton means nothing. Last time at Clinton, it was 35-7..don't see much of a difference this year. Stone & Hazelhurst aren't a threat. And if memory serves me correctly, Clinton came back on South-Doyle! Halls came back on West. West is far more impressive than South-Doyle. So let's get it, Come on Clinton. Start talkin trash now! And u can't eat ya some crow friday night

This game scares me. Clinton appears to have found confidence in there new QB and offense. Halls defense has allowed 42 and 49 points in the last two games. Ooch! My two cents:

- First defensive series for Halls is critical. If Clinton scores, LOOK OUT!!

- Halls has given up a TD the last two games in the first series. This has to stop! Defense needs to come out hard and early!

- Players seem tentative on defense, especially the past two games. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to make a play. That play ends up being sveral yards down the field.

This is the game of the year for Halls! Win and we control our own destiny. Lose and we are behind the eight ball again.

Name the last time Halls lost to Clinton. I'm not sure on this but I think it was like 1991 or 92. We have been dominate in this series and we will continue to be dominate. Clinton is no where near as good as West and certainly not as good as Bearden (I over looked how good Bearden really is).

We get back on track this Friday with easy.

Plain & Simple.

On the first kick, Halls must attack, & get back the mean hitting streak they had in the first half vs. Central.

Offense, Defense, & Special Teams.

Where is the attitude like we had at DB?

Where are the tough hitters that cause oppents to think twice next play?

Where are the "host of red devils" tacklers? Every single play, not just when the crowd stomps the bleachers.

Several times vs. Bearden, a Halls tackler would be in good position, make a decent hit, but get no help on the finish.

Bearden was big, tough & fast, so team tackling was especially in order.

Football is tough, like life.

Where are the players that are respected & feared by Halls teamates to LEAD this team.

Somebody must step up. I haven't seen that since Reece went out.

Sombody better bring something besides "v-itis". or the Dragons will prevail.

We need fire in our belly this week. Five games under our belt are we going out with a wimper or are we playoff material. It is time to start playing like we mean it and forget the nerves. This week is a big test. Forget Clinton haven't beaten us since the early nineties. They are for real.

Now trying to keep positive after a terrible game the other night. We have to bounce back and everyone has to get on the bandwagon. No use pointing any fingers. Everyone knows what they have to do to improve on last weeks performance. We all witnessed a complete meltdown in all areas. Hopefully it was a hangover from the West win and we didn't have anything left in the tank for Bearden. But now is the time for a deep breath lick all those wounds and lets move on. Time to prepare for Clinton and what they bring to the table.

Lets play inspired friday night and everything will take care of itself. If we do that we won't have a problem.