Oak Ridge High School??™s head football coach will receive ???a formal

Ole Dad

Nice move for Oak Ridge to act quickly and decisevly . Football is a very emotional sport , and everyone deserves a second chance . Geez , I can only imagine what this " politically correct " world we live in today would have done to our coaches in the 70's !! The facemask was designed for the coach to have something to grab as he chewed your butt out after messing up a play !! lol

Maybe pepvol and coach shattuck can call coach stevens radio show this wed. and say Go Kats!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing that is all anyone has talked about and the team is undefeated and that little tailback is having an excellent year. If the coach touched a kid or coach he should have been reprimanded, but let it go.

As long as people keep overlooking us, that is fine with me. The Wildcats played a great game against McMinn and looking forward to another good game against WB. Starting WB thread now.

One's personnel file does not follow him/her from school system to school system. I have participated in the hiring of many teachers and coaches, and not once did the interview team see nor ask for the job seeker's file from another system. So, the incident being put into his file, basically means nothing unless a school system wants/needs to get rid of a tenured teacher, in which case, they must provide documentation of poor performance, insubordination, etc. For a non tenured teacher, the school system may use the incident as a reason to deny tenure, but by law, they may not disclose the reason for denying tenure.

Then the law needs to be changed and the records SHOULD go to ANY school that maybe hiring. This is the reason that some bad apples get foisted off to other school systems.

There have been a couple of teachers here in Rutherford County that are now teaching in other couties that needed to be put in jail but wasn't for sexual liasions with students that have NO buisness being teachers.

As to this incident I have no idea because I was not there. Just glad it has been taken care of and folks can go forward with just watching and enjoying football.

SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) means that is what he does in all cases, so he was just doing what he always does, posting the game news on breaking news as soon as the game is over. Nobody was digging on Tank. He actually did the correct thing through the entire situation by laying low and letting the officials in charge figure it out.

Ole Dad

Tank,

You made the right choice.

SOP or not you made the right choice.

SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) means that is what he does in all cases, so he was just doing what he always does, posting the game news on breaking news as soon as the game is over. Nobody was digging on Tank. He actually did the correct thing through the entire situation by laying low and letting the officials in charge figure it out.

Ole Dad

I agree, but the Knoxville No-News Sentinel gave the story. I wish they would have let it ride a day or two before they came out with it. With some of the things that have happened in the past couple of years maybe keeping students and fans off the field would be a wise ideas in the future. We are putting players, coaches, and the students in a bad situation. Especially with the emotions of this particular game.

I agree, but the Knoxville No-News Sentinel gave the story. I wish they would have let it ride a day or two before they came out with it. With some of the things that have happened in the past couple of years maybe keeping students and fans off the field would be a wise ideas in the future. We are putting players, coaches, and the students in a bad situation. Especially with the emotions of this particular game.

Oak Ridge's coach is lucky that he only got a slap on the wrist. What Coach Marsh could have done to him would have hurt more than this slap, that's for sure. Nice to see that Coach Marsh showed CLASS in this situation....maybe he can teach Shattuck, Stone, and Phillips what CLASS means...

Does anyone REALLY know what OR admin said/did to Stevens? What was the slap on the wrist? Did he have to sit in time out? Grounded? Apparently, he'll be coaching Fri night, no? The sad thing to me about the whole situation is the poor example shown to the kids--all the kids who saw the episode. Especially, his team,though. He'll probably spend the rest of the season undoing a few minutes of poor judgement. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> On the other side of the coin, Coach Marsh's kids learned a completely different lesson from his example . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oak Ridge's coach is lucky that he only got a slap on the wrist. What Coach Marsh could have done to him would have hurt more than this slap, that's for sure. Nice to see that Coach Marsh showed CLASS in this situation....maybe he can teach Shattuck, Stone, and Phillips what CLASS means...

Still burning you that Little and Woods got beat out by Darian Stone?

Still burning you that Little and Woods got beat out by Darian Stone?

HaHa.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..Did you honestly just say BEAT OUT by Stone? What a joke...and everyone knows it...quit fooling yourself...I hear that Stone's dad is shopping him around....... Not sure who the Woods kid is that you are talking about, but that goes along with everything you have ever said and mostly this statement....you don't know what you are talking about....You certainly can't go by what a Clinton coach tells you...some of them have been known to tell a lie or two.....or three...or....