Mckenzie vs Greenfield

HomeyTheClown

Lake Co is alot like UC cannot stop the run. Greenfield and West Carroll will run the ball on UC but UC should win those games. Mckenzie is the cream of the crop of Region 7-A and they should make a strong march toward the Boro. Bruceton is a very dangerous team and they will make some noise in the playoff's. You keep saying that Greenfield and LC will be playing for 4th. They might be playing for 3rd and 4th. I am not sold on UC yet. True they beat LC but anyone who was at that game knows the game was a whole lot closer than the score. There is a whole lot of football to be played and anything can happen on Friday night's. So, I would not say UC is a lock for 3rd. Heck, LC might not make the playoff's. Greenfield is a much improved team and they just might be the 3rd best team in this region this year.

Greenfield will not beat McKenzie,Bruceton or Union City.....You heard it here first,well along with Butchie.....You should be sold on Union City...Lake County can't beat Union City whether Lake County has a good team or not.....

Union City,I believe is the only region team to have to play Lake County,McKenzie and Bruceton all in their first three region games...They are 1-2....Look for that record to be 5-2 at end of the regular season.....

Since this is a McKenzie-Greenfield thread here it is.......McKenzie-48 Greenfield-6.....Welcome to the real world Jackets.....

By the way...I was at the game..It was 34-6..You can have all the offense in the world,if you commit 7 or 8 turnovers you are not very good and the score is what it is.....It wasn't close.....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well excuse me for trying to generate some interest in the rest of the regular season here.

I'm not really worried about the Rebels in the regular season but, we can't afford to get relaxed and lazy for sure or someone will jump on us. No need to jump at me just 'cause ya'll lost again to Bruceton. Ya'll must have used it all up on us!?

Wasn't jumping on you duckman....The Rebels will roll into the playoffs..The top two spots are secured..There is nobody left on your schedule that will jump on the Rebels....You must not be as thick skinned as I thought you were.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Greenfield will not beat McKenzie,Bruceton or Union City.....You heard it here first,well along with Butchie.....You should be sold on Union City...Lake County can't beat Union City whether Lake County has a good team or not.....

Union City,I believe is the only region team to have to play Lake County,McKenzie and Bruceton all in their first three region games...They are 1-2....Look for that record to be 5-2 at end of the regular season.....

Since this is a McKenzie-Greenfield thread here it is.......McKenzie-48 Greenfield-6.....Welcome to the real world Jackets.....

By the way...I was at the game..It was 34-6..You can have all the offense in the world,if you commit 7 or 8 turnovers you are not very good and the score is what it is.....It wasn't close.....

I was at the game also and the game was closer than the score. Anyway,I'm just saying UC has has no run defense and Greenfield will give them problems. This is a Mckenzie and Greenfield thread and the score will be Mckenzie 42 Greenfield 6.

Wasn't jumping on you duckman....The Rebels will roll into the playoffs..The top two spots are secured..There is nobody left on your schedule that will jump on the Rebels....You must not be as thick skinned as I thought you were.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No, the top 2 are not secured.Mckenzie and Bruceton should be 1 and 2 but there is still alot of football to be played.I will use last years UC and LC basketball teams.Both were on their way to the state but somebody forgot to tell Trenton and Humbolt that it was a done deal. So,anything can happen. Not likely but possible.

No, the top 2 are not secured.Mckenzie and Bruceton should be 1 and 2 but there is still alot of football to be played.I will use last years UC and LC basketball teams.Both were on their way to the state but somebody forgot to tell Trenton and Humbolt that it was a done deal. So,anything can happen. Not likely but possible.

This isn't basketball and football is different....In high school football you just don't see a bad team(Greenfield fans don't get mad..I'm not saying Greenfield is bad,they are the best out of the teams that are not McKenzie,Bruceton and Union City,jury is still out on Lake County) beat a good team...McKenzie and Bruceton won't lose another game in the regular season..Get back with me at the end of the regular season and see if I was right....

I know OFFICIALLY the two top spots are not secured....But FOR ALL INTENSE PURPOSES they really are......

This isn't basketball and football is different....In high school football you just don't see a bad team(Greenfield fans don't get mad..I'm not saying Greenfield is bad,they are the best out of the teams that are not McKenzie,Bruceton and Union City,jury is still out on Lake County) beat a good team...McKenzie and Bruceton won't lose another game in the regular season..Get back with me at the end of the regular season and see if I was right....

I know OFFICIALLY the two top spots are not secured....But FOR ALL INTENSE PURPOSES they really are......

On this same post you said you couldn't believe Lake Co gave up that many points to West Carrol..I wrote on a Lake Co-West Carrol post that everyone was picking Lake Co..probably on name only..I said they were weak defensively..mostly because they are so young...I'm with Lake Co Falco..True..U.C. did beat Lake Co..but they was about the worst team defensively that we've played thus far..I'm not sure that they'll make the playoffs when it's all said and done...

heres a tough one. My cousin derek carr is the quarterback for mckenzie but i live i greenfield. mckenzie is very good offensively although i have my doubts about the running game. derek is a pure passer who will pick you apart but he better watch his back this week. idk if youve heard of him but Chase McMullen (6 foot 4, 240) is a beast and in my opinion greenfields best pure athelete in years. 140 tackles a year ago (17 in one half of a game) and a punishing runner at fullback. if he shows up to play mckenzie may have their hands full. they dont have quite the recieving core as when drew hayes was under center and greenfield is hungry after being at the bottom of 1A for so long. We'll see who shows up thursday night under the lights

heres a tough one. My cousin derek carr is the quarterback for mckenzie but i live i greenfield. mckenzie is very good offensively although i have my doubts about the running game. derek is a pure passer who will pick you apart but he better watch his back this week. idk if youve heard of him but Chase McMullen (6 foot 4, 240) is a beast and in my opinion greenfields best pure athelete in years. 140 tackles a year ago (17 in one half of a game) and a punishing runner at fullback. if he shows up to play mckenzie may have their hands full. they dont have quite the recieving core as when drew hayes was under center and greenfield is hungry after being at the bottom of 1A for so long. We'll see who shows up thursday night under the lights

You have lost your mind. Greenfield does not stand a chance with the rebs. Hope yall have a good game, but I don't see yall staying with them very long. Don't talk to much smack it won't taste good Friday morning. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You have lost your mind. Greenfield does not stand a chance with the rebs. Hope yall have a good game, but I don't see yall staying with them very long. Don't talk to much smack it won't taste good Friday morning. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

i play for gibson county but live in greenfield. i kno alot of the players from greenfield and like i said derek is my cousin. i really dont have a stake in this one because we'll be murdering dresden friday night but greenfield has suprise d alot of folks already and you shouldnt put it past them to upset mckenzie at the jackets nest. medling is cat quick as is perkins (second in the region ill remind you to only chad jordan of bruceton) and daniel rickets is one of the regions leaders in recieving so underestimate the yellowjackets all you want. but dont be suprised if you bites the rebels in the ***

On this same post you said you couldn't believe Lake Co gave up that many points to West Carrol..I wrote on a Lake Co-West Carrol post that everyone was picking Lake Co..probably on name only..I said they were weak defensively..mostly because they are so young...I'm with Lake Co Falco..True..U.C. did beat Lake Co..but they was about the worst team defensively that we've played thus far..I'm not sure that they'll make the playoffs when it's all said and done...

I will not argue about the UC defense....But UC did hold you to 6 points,regardless of the turnovers,6 points....West Carroll allowed the Falcons 63 points and UC 's defense is worse than West Carroll's???..Come on Bigster...UC will make the playoffs,be sure of it......You say LC 's "D" is young,well I can use that same excuse....UC is playing alot of underclassmen all over the field....Mostly 10th graders...The had to use some other 10th graders that usually don't play because of injuries and had three freshman play in the 4th quarter....

This is almost a win-win situation for the jackets. The last four years at this time of the season, we have had nothing to play for. But, Pioneer90 is right, the jackets are hungry and if they could find a way to upset the Rebels, it would be the biggest win in Greenfield football history. Calm down rebel fans the key word is IF. If we don't win we'll move on and get ready to play UC. Everybody knows that Mckenzie is the real deal. They are loaded this year. But, if greenfield can play hard and run the ball like they have been, then anything is possible.

pioneer90,

don't forget that the Rebels have played Greenfield fot the last 2 seasons and we are familiar with McMullen. He's a good athlete somewhat along the lines of the Matlock kid at Bruceton. He comes to play and leaves it on the field.

You are also right that Derek is a very good passer. But, unlike in the past, our passing is a product of our running game. The Rebels can and will run the ball Thursday night. So far, everyone we've played has touted our passing attack and completely discounted the Rebel running game based on the Drew Hayes era. That was their first and worst mistake. Yes, we can throw the ball quite well compared to most but, we have a stable of runningbacks that can and will be some folks nightmare before this season is over.