Henry Co. vs Brighton

BigRedForLife

As far as the region goes, I think it is fair to say that the region as a whole is down. Although it's still early, JCM and Liberty are pitiful, Northside is one-dimensional,
Hardin Co. is disappointing

, Brighton is an unknown now after their win, and both Henry Co. and Munford don't appear to be as good as last year. Luckily for region 7, it also appears that region 8 is having their difficulties with the mess going on at Melrose. So while I won't disagree that the top 3 teams could all beat each other on a given night, the bottom half of the region really does drag it down a notch. It's not like this region is similar to region 6 AAAAA from last year.

How is Hardin county disappointing? There only loss in the region is munford and they already have beatin northside and brighton

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who this BHS dude thinks he is.....but being a HCHS player, i can honestly say that HC is goin to kick some tail on Brighton's home turf.....we're averaging 36.8 points per game while our opponents are averaging 11.3 yards a game....do the math son......we're outscoring everybody by 4 touchdowns this year.....HCHS goin to the state baby!!![/size]

I guess you forgot about the game that you played against Martin Westview. I don't believe you outscored them by 4 touchdowns.

I am afraid that what you observed at JCM has happened at several of the older city schools in West TN as the population base moves to different areas. Here in our county the "old City School" is down to 700+ kids while the other two schools have grown to more than double that. Discipline goes down and the program begins a slow decline. I too feel for the kids because community support, facilities and teaching also decline. Good luck to both teams on Friday night.

Guest Advisor

Little confident arent we jaymac?..Yall have yet to play the tops teams in your region you might want to keep that in mind.. also the only true test i think yall have had is the Westview game an well ya no how that went.. im not trying to be a HC hater or anything because i know yall are good.. but start bragging when you beat up on somebody thats worthwhile..

The Advisor agrees with swyper01 when he says the Big Red has yet to play the elite members of 7-4A, however, I also feel he must have been playing defense for JCM on Friday and may have sustained a concusion!! Last time I checked, the Patriots opened there home schedule with their bitter Cougar rivals from the East side of the TN river! AND.......last time I checked........they were 4-2 with wins over the Bruins, Commandos, Lions, and the Centennial Cougars! Ummm........DC's losses were to ummm.......well.......the Patriots (5-1) and the Warriors of Riverdale(6-0) who.........most would say are pretty darn good! Thus, Dickson is sitting atop Region 6-5A (the toughest region in TN) so the Advisor would say your accessment of who has been tested is extremely skewed!! Your Cardinals have beaten teams with an overall record of 5-19!!! 4 of those wins are by Munford!! But, all of us here in the Northwest portion of the CoachT family are here to help! Please identify your self Friday and I will have the beautiful and talented Patsdoc to come test your pulse and give you an optical exam prior to kickoff. There will be no charge for this evalution........just consider it our give to you before the Patriots rub that nose in the mud after such a LONG trip all the way to Brighton! Yep, look for the Patriots to make the long journey to Tipton County in a convoy of late 80s and mid 90s Nissan Sentras, Honda Civics, and Chevy Citations!! These long road trips really impact the Patriots especially since they make the trip fully dressed in helments and pads! Although, the fine road worthy team haulers are equipped with pull down projector screens in the back seat in order for the team to watch 35 mm film on the road! (Just wish they had cupholders though)! Wake up Swyper!!!!!!!!

I don't know who this BHS dude thinks he is.....but being a HCHS player, i can honestly say that HC is goin to kick some tail on Brighton's home turf.....we're averaging 36.8 points per game while our opponents are averaging 11.3 yards a game....do the math son......we're outscoring everybody by 4 touchdowns this year.....HCHS goin to the state baby!!![/size]

I think you are a fraud, or at least I hope you are. I hate to think any of our boys are arrogant or ignorant enough to think this way. I don't believe you to be a player. However, if you are, then I now understand how we lost to Westview. If you go to Brighton with this attitude, then you will have a long, long ride home. But then again your not a HC player, so you wont have to worry about that. Let me end this by saying I am a devoted HC fan, and I honestly don't believe any of or boys would post this after getting handled by little ole 2A Westview.

Guest Advisor

The Advisor would like to say that it was good to see BigRed84, Drewcephus, Prophet, VolunteerGeneral, and yes.............the YANKER at the Rock Friday night!!! VolunteerGeneral, great job!!! You got a heck of a workout moving up and down the east side of the Rock!!!

How is Hardin county disappointing? There only loss in the region is munford and they already have beatin northside and brighton

I expected Hardin County to be at the top of the region this year. I realize the injury to Schutt hurt them, but dropping one like they did at Munford and also to McNairy Central is disappointing.

Luckily for region 7, it also appears that region 8 is having their difficulties with the mess going on at Melrose.

Melrose is going through some changes under the new coach ... it's his second year and he is putting his stamp on things, naturally, there is going to be some disention ... it comes with the territory. But region 8 is a three headed monster right now. Kingsbury beat Melrose ... Fairley beat Kingsbury (in a high scoring battle) and Fairley and Melrose still have each other to play. If you go look at Melrose' record on CoachT, you will notice that they have lost 3 games by a total of 8 points ... (1, 1, & 6 point losses). Kingsbury is 4-3 now and Fairley is 5-2. All three teams lost to really good teams ... Even the Mitchell loss for Melrose is VERY misleading. I'm not trying to say that Melrose is the end-all or anything like that ... But I am saying this. Region 8-4A has three REALLY good teams. Melrose hasn't slipped that far ... look at their schedule ... you will see of the three ... they have the best defense ... defense carries your team when the offense isn't clicking. Teams just don't score a lot of points against them, and these are very good teams they held in check. All i'm saying is don't be fooled. I know there has been talk of turmoil at Melrose ... again, don't be fooled ... Come playoff time ... all three will be nightmares to face. I figure ... 7-4A will be similar ... especially with that RB over at Brighton. He's the best RB in west Tennessee right now, bar none, in EVERY classification! End of story. He racked up 300 yards on Munford this past Friday, and he's up to 1300 yards ALREADY for the season. Henry County, Munford, Hardin County and Brighton are going to be nightmares as well. This is going to be interesting.

Good Morning from Big Red Country! That was a big one last Friday, but as many have said it only gets tougher and tougher as the season progresses. The long trip to Tipton County will be a tough one. However, the Patriots will be ready for the Cardinals and #4 Mr. Deundre Williams. He is an incredible RB, but he is stoppable. About 80% of the plays Brighton runs go to him, so its no wonder he has racked up so much offense. I can think of at least a few Patriots that are anxious to introduce themselves to him! The Big Red Defense is up for the task. Let's Go Big Red, make this week in practice count!!!

I follow that with you 'Cephus...we MUST prepare mentally and physically for this one. The Red Machine will be ready!! Good to see all of you at the game Friday nite as well. We as fans must bring all the noise and enthusiasm that we can for these road games. It is a big lift for the boys.

I follow that with you 'Cephus...we MUST prepare mentally and physically for this one. The Red Machine will be ready!! Good to see all of you at the game Friday nite as well. We as fans must bring all the noise and enthusiasm that we can for these road games. It is a big lift for the boys.

I thought our crowd was small compared to what we usually bring. Brighton is farther and starts earlier. We need to be there.