Johnson County vs. TN. High

jeep1367

Is Baker sick or injured?

He came out in pads for the game but he had an ice pack on for the first half and took a considerable amount of time walking to the locker room at halftime. He came out in the 2nd half without pads.

I don't know when he was injured. He may have been injured a few weeks ago. He only had 6 carries last week against North.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophomores Keenan Shepherd over 200 yards rushing. Matt Pendleton over 100 yards rushing. Shepherd 4 TDs.

Baker who?

Just kidding hope Jeff gets well soon. I think he had 3 carries for about 15 yards before he came out and did not return.

The two sophomores ran hard and most of Pendletons came between the tackles. Shepherd can run.

Not sure what Stubbs gave them at halftime but hope he saved some.

Hard hitting game from both sides. I dont think Johnson County will loose again.

Can someone give a breakdown of the game?

This game was very close unlike the score says. I have never involved calls and I dont want to now but this must be said and if any TH High fan doesnt agree, oh well. They were stopped on 4th down and got an unreal spot (1 to 1 1/2 yards extra). They got a roughing the punter call that may have been the worst I have seen at any level (the seams of the jersey touched). Both of these calls lead to scores. It was not TN High making this happen but I will say I feel like it was Bristol against Mtn City in politics. I will not say that TN High may not have won anyway but anyone that says that Vikes won this game easy is a liar. I have complained about coaching but this wasn't the case tonight. The TN High defense against the run is the best I have seen, I give them that. I take nothing away from the kids but this was not right from an offical standpoint. TN High does not run the ball better than Hampton believe it or not. I personally want to beat Hampton worse than anyone but fact is they may be the best team if they play at all levels in East Tennessee this year. I know that the fans do not control the field and hope everyone had a great time but we had a chance to win this game and the officals decided to involve themselves. Obviously, I want to play another game against TN High. We lost a linebacker that had made at least 4 tackles in the first quarter and then Prudhomme late in the game. We play everybody both ways for the whole game for the most part. Our quarterback played great tonight at that position and also at linebacker. We have to do it and mark my words......... we will take this conference next year. See you you guys on the mountain next year!!!!!!!

This game was very close unlike the score says. I have never involved calls and I dont want to now but this must be said and if any TH High fan doesnt agree, oh well. They were stopped on 4th down and got an unreal spot (1 to 1 1/2 yards extra). They got a roughing the punter call that may have been the worst I have seen at any level (the seams of the jersey touched). Both of these calls lead to scores. It was not TN High making this happen but I will say I feel like it was Bristol against Mtn City in politics. I will not say that TN High may not have won anyway but anyone that says that Vikes won this game easy is a liar. I have complained about coaching but this wasn't the case tonight. The TN High defense against the run is the best I have seen, I give them that. I take nothing away from the kids but this was not right from an offical standpoint. TN High does not run the ball better than Hampton believe it or not. I personally want to beat Hampton worse than anyone but fact is they may be the best team if they play at all levels in East Tennessee this year. I know that the fans do not control the field and hope everyone had a great time but we had a chance to win this game and the officals decided to involve themselves. Obviously, I want to play another game against TN High. We lost a linebacker that had made at least 4 tackles in the first quarter and then Prudhomme late in the game. We play everybody both ways for the whole game for the most part. Our quarterback played great tonight at that position and also at linebacker. We have to do it and mark my words......... we will take this conference next year. See you you guys on the mountain next year!!!!!!!

As long as the Arby's is in Bristol, no one will be on a level playing field with Tennessee High. The same officials call Basketball. One thing that I can't understand is why in baseball (which this has nothing to do with football), that the Athletic Director at Tennessee High is allowed to umpire in the Big 9. If this is not a conflict of interest I don't know what is.

As long as the Arby's is in Bristol, no one will be on a level playing field with Tennessee High. The same officials call Basketball. One thing that I can't understand is why in baseball (which this has nothing to do with football), that the Athletic Director at Tennessee High is allowed to umpire in the Big 9. If this is not a conflict of interest I don't know what is.

We didn't even beat Bristol in our own Memorial stadium with our own officials 2 weeks ago. Focus on Topper problems, they are deep. By the way, thank God for Whitson in the Topper palace. He is the only guy (his Nephew included) that takes care of us.

You guys have lost sight that the Vikings were penalized 11 times for 85 yards and the Longhorns 2 for 30 yards.

tricitiessports.com has the penalties backwards.

The mark on fourth down was questionable but THS fumble on the one was not a fumble either. so we are even there.

Roughing the punter is roughing the punter its a rule. Illegal use of the helmet is a rule. You broke both so you were penalized for both. We face masked about 4 times and it was called its a rule. 45 yards on your first score was on penalties we broke the rules and was penalized.

I guess Shepherd or Pendleton would not had 300 yards between them if it were not for the refs. You guys had 125 yards total offense to Shepherds 216 so yea you guys dominated. Yea, we will see you on the mountain at the rodeo ring next year. Just like you guys said the last two years. It was the thunderstorm one year and the refs this year maybe we will figure out a way to beat you on the field.

Hampton is tough they beat Unicoi in overtime and Central gets there first win in about 8 years against that tough Unicoi team.

As far as THS AD (Pendleton) umpiring that is tough I agree, but what about Science Hills 8th grade coach (Lyons) calling big nine basketball games and a Johnson City Principal(Church) calling Science Hill games thats tough too. But I know all three and none of these guys would cheat anyone they are good people doing it for the right reasons. But I do think they are put into tough situations by the assigning officers.

You guys have lost sight that the Vikings were penalized 11 times for 85 yards and the Longhorns 2 for 30 yards.

tricitiessports.com has the penalties backwards.

The mark on fourth down was questionable but THS fumble on the one was not a fumble either. so we are even there.

Roughing the punter is roughing the punter its a rule. Illegal use of the helmet is a rule. You broke both so you were penalized for both. We face masked about 4 times and it was called its a rule. 45 yards on your first score was on penalties we broke the rules and was penalized.

I guess Shepherd or Pendleton would not had 300 yards between them if it were not for the refs. You guys had 125 yards total offense to Shepherds 216 so yea you guys dominated. Yea, we will see you on the mountain at the rodeo ring next year. Just like you guys said the last two years. It was the thunderstorm one year and the refs this year maybe we will figure out a way to beat you on the field.

Hampton is tough they beat Unicoi in overtime and Central gets there first win in about 8 years against that tough Unicoi team.

As far as THS AD (Pendleton) umpiring that is tough I agree, but what about Science Hills 8th grade coach (Lyons) calling big nine basketball games and a Johnson City Principal(Church) calling Science Hill games thats tough too. But I know all three and none of these guys would cheat anyone they are good people doing it for the right reasons. But I do think they are put into tough situations by the assigning officers.

You are right about the guy from Science Hill. I believe if they are going to officiate, they should be in A/AA. I know of more officials in Basketball that their kids on are on a certain team and dad still calls in the Big 9. Just because they don't officiate their own school, they still have a direct impact on the league. There is enough games in A/AA where this should not be a problem.

You are right about the guy from Science Hill. I believe if they are going to officiate, they should be in A/AA. I know of more officials in Basketball that their kids on are on a certain team and dad still calls in the Big 9. Just because they don't officiate their own school, they still have a direct impact on the league. There is enough games in A/AA where this should not be a problem.

yep.

Say what you what! the refs showed the MLC is for TH and SS everybody else is going to have to play for third! and somebody tell me why TH would not mix it up with JC after the game, it shows me that TH coaching staff as no class what so ever. I can't say anything bad about the players they played there hearts out and did nothing wrong

Huh!!! the horns had 2 penaltys all night /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> THS 10 penaltys /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I pretty much thought they were on your side. Jeeez!!! blame it on what you want But they ain,t on our side thats for sure.

Huh!!! the horns had 2 penaltys all night /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> THS 10 penaltys /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I pretty much thought they were on your side. Jeeez!!! blame it on what you want But they ain,t on our side thats for sure.

I guess JC fans thought it was 2 too many and 10 not enough /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sometimes it's not the number, it's the timing.

I wasn't there, so I won't argue any calls, but I noticed Doug Fritz of the Johnson City Press thought it was a bogus roughing call that let the Vikes continue what turned out to be a touchdown drive.

You just hate to see those calls that turn the momentum like that.