2A Playoff Standings through Week 6

riverrat

Heck maybe Goodpasture, Alcoa, and CPA all get put in the same quadrant lol...let them battle it out and actually have a team from the west playing in Murfreesboro instead of having to play Goodpasture in a semifinal game!

It's too early to tell which way those teams will go. Alcoa could go northeast or southeast. Goodpasture and CPA could feasibly go to any of the 4 quadrants.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too early to tell which way those teams will go. Alcoa could go northeast or southeast. Goodpasture and CPA could feasibly go to any of the 4 quadrants.

AGREED Antwan Goodpasture should be a 3a team I think along with the rest of the private schools or atleast put in D-II. Its an unfair battle, but this isn't public private debate so I lay at rest. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

AGREED Antwan Goodpasture should be a 3a team I think along with the rest of the private schools or atleast put in D-II. Its an unfair battle, but this isn't public private debate so I lay at rest. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thats funny. Isn't that what the 1A schools were all saying a few years ago? Maybe the T$$AA will institute a 27.8 multiplier and then maybe the public schools might be a little happier.

Oh yeah, "this isn't public private debate so I lay at rest."

It really depends on who finishes where. The seedings are done with #1's first...#2's next...#3's next and the 5 wildcards. There's a very good possibility that region and our region 4...could have teams in different quadrants. If Cannon County is a wildcard (and they will be) they are likely to go southeast. It has nothing to do with where the tssaa wants GP or anyone else to go. It will be done geographically. It really should be cut and dry.

You are only partially correct. The field of 32 will be divided up into 4 quadrants. Then, once the teams are in each quadrant, they will be seeded. It will not automatically be filled with all the #1 seeds first , then the #2's and so on. The only exception is that the wild card teams will automatically be seeded below any team in a quadrant that got in as an automatic qualifier. This is the part that I don't agree with. If you are going to seed all the teams in a quadrant, they should be properly seeded. Most of the wildcard teams will be in reality better teams than some who make it in as automatic qualifiers because of the weakness of a couple of regions. Region 9 comes to mind. There was also one region in the east last year in which none of the playoff teams had a winning overall record. I forget which region it was but that one comes to mind as well. The field should be properly seeded top to bottom in each quadrant. Automatically putting all of the wild card teams as the lowest seeded teams is just plain wrong. And you must also remember, that some quadrants might be more wild card teams in them than others depending on where those teams come from too boot.

You are only partially correct. The field of 32 will be divided up into 4 quadrants. Then, once the teams are in each quadrant, they will be seeded. It will not automatically be filled with all the #1 seeds first , then the #2's and so on. The only exception is that the wild card teams will automatically be seeded below any team in a quadrant that got in as an automatic qualifier. This is the part that I don't agree with. If you are going to seed all the teams in a quadrant, they should be properly seeded. Most of the wildcard teams will be in reality better teams than some who make it in as automatic qualifiers because of the weakness of a couple of regions. Region 9 comes to mind. There was also one region in the east last year in which none of the playoff teams had a winning overall record. I forget which region it was but that one comes to mind as well. The field should be properly seeded top to bottom in each quadrant. Automatically putting all of the wild card teams as the lowest seeded teams is just plain wrong. And you must also remember, that some quadrants might be more wild card teams in them than others depending on where those teams come from too boot.

You are partially correct too. You are right in that the 32 teams will be divided into quadrants first. After that...the #1's are seeded 1st...#2's next...#3's next...and then the wildcards. This is from the tssaa site.

"Once the 32 teams have been selected for the playoffs, the 32 schools will be geographically grouped into four eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments.

Once the four quad brackets are created, the eight teams within each bracket will be seeded from 1 to 8. All #1 region finishers will be listed and seeded using the standard TSSAA football regulation, i.e., head-to-head (if applicable), overall records, etc. Once the #1 seeds are placed in the bracket, then the same procedure will be done for #2, #3 and wild card. Once the teams are seeded in the bracket, the home team will always be the higher seeded team. If two teams are the same seed, such as two #1s, two #2s, etc., then the top team in the bracket in odd years will be the home team and the bottom team in the bracket will be the home team in the even years."

No one will know where they will go till that saturday morning though will they?

That is true. I don't see how anyone could figure out who they will play until the regular season is finished.

The guidelines are not clear enough to project too far ahead. I think the quadrants will be easy for most...but not all.

I went back and figured the seedings by placing all 32 teams in 4 quadrants first. If you do that...the results are virtually the same except CPA and Humboldt would be swapped. CPA would go northwest...Humboldt would go southwest. All the quadrants were filled except the ne quad had seven teams. The nw quad had ten teams. The logical thing to do is place Humboldt in the sw since they are the westernmost team in that quadrant...and place DCA in the ne since they are the easternmost team in that quadrant. I am sure there will be change in position of several teams before the season is done. I do think we already know the majority of the teams that will make the playoffs...though. One team change could really throw a wrench in the seedings.

After looking at the regional standings and taking into consideration the best overall record of the next best teams here is what I came up with.

2-A playoff standings

Region 1 Region W/L Overall W/L

Cumberland Gap 3 0 6 0

Gatlinburg-Pittman 3 0 6 1

West Greene 1 1 1 5

Region 2

Alcoa 2 0 5 1

CAK 2 0 5 1

Loudon 2 1 5 1

Region 3

Tyner 3 0 3 3

Boyd Buchanan 2 0 3 3

Bledsoe County 1 2 2 5

Region 4

York Institute 3 0 6 0

Smith County 2 1 6 1

Westmoreland 2 1 4 3

Region 5

Goodpasture 3 0 7 0

CPA 3 0 3 3

DCA 2 1 6 1

Region 6

Hickman County 3 0 6 0

Lewis County 3 0 6 0

Richland 1 1 4 2

Region 7

Stewart County 3 0 6 1

Camden 3 0 4 2

Huntingdon 2 2 3 3

Region 8

Westview 3 0 6 0

Milan 3 0 5 1

Peabody 3 1 5 2

Region 9

Booker T. Washington 1 0 2 5

Carver 1 0 1 5

Westwood 2 1 2 5

Wildcards Overall W/L Region W/L

Jackson Christian 5 1 2 1

Rockwood 5 2 2 1

Cannon County 4 2 1 2

Sweetwater 4 2 1 2

Adamsville 3 3 1 2

Harpeth 3 3 1 2

Marion County 3 3 0 2

I believe if memory serves me correct that they wildcards are the teams with the next best overall records. So as of today this is how it stands. I listed multiple teams at 3-3 so the tie breaker would come into play there. Just a shot in the dark here.